Replacement Borla Stinger tips?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Well a little update with this thread. Thanks to Erich's recommendation I ordered the 4" tips from John at SSS-exhaust.com. John was great to deal with and the tips are incredible! They were 16" long tip to tip so I had to use a little elbow grease to move my catback around so the tips didn't stick out too far. Anyway here are some before and after pics of the tips....

Old tips that were NASTY!! The car was also dirty....

270650.jpg

270651.jpg

And the new tips....

270655.jpg

270662.jpg

270659.jpg

270660.jpg

mustanginky

Established Member
WOW those look good! how much were they? the site says 59.99 sold as a set, but that seems kinda low for them. I'd think they would be more like 59.99 per tip.

mustanginky

Established Member
well, what i meant was it 59.99 a set of 59.99 per tip or 89.99 a set or tip for the 4" ones. I have never heard of them after looking i think i might be interested in buying one of their kits.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
For future reference I found some flowmaster tips that look very similar to the borla's. 4" tip dia. x 2.50" pipe dia. x 7.50" L, clamp-on style, ~15 deg. slant cut rolled edge, P/N 15365. However, they say they are dual wall...does this mean they will look like the SLP tips? Oh, and they have Flowmaster embossed on them. :nonono:

jt239

Established Member
For future reference I found some flowmaster tips that look very similar to the borla's. 4" tip dia. x 2.50" pipe dia. x 7.50" L, clamp-on style, ~15 deg. slant cut rolled edge, P/N 15365. However, they say they are dual wall...does this mean they will look like the SLP tips? Oh, and they have Flowmaster embossed on them. :nonono:

I think these are going to be way too short...

15365.gif

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

The Borla tips are 14" long so those Flowmaster tips while nice looking would be way too short.

Do you know if they make the 4" tip in a slash cut?

I'm not sure man, I think he only has the rolled tips. But it couldn't hurt to ask him, just give him a call.

jt239

Established Member
I'm not sure man, I think he only has the rolled tips. But it couldn't hurt to ask him, just give him a call.

Thanks...I think i will give them a call.

My tips are rolled and slash or angle cut which I like but are only 3.5 inches. The 4" fill up the exhaust cut outs in the rear bumper much better. Thanks!

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
The Borla tips are 14" long so those Flowmaster tips while nice looking would be way too short.

Yeah you're right. The picture I saw in a parts book looked more like the Borlas. Get on the website and I see a pic like you posted. Checked my book again and that 7.5" tip is the only tip they offer that is 4" dia. for 2.5" piping. MRT makes some really nice looking tips but they are only 3.5"

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm bumping this for the exact reason as the OP has stated. Mine are toast so I'll be ordering the replacements asap. Pretty good thread and an awesome replacement for Borla's crap tips.

Kevin did you get the 4" tips or the 3.5"er's?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm going to try and get a quote for powdercoating the ones now. They might not be perfectly shiney but they'll be done for good lol.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Great thread...I just ordered the Borla catback so I hope mine are good for a few years lol...

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'm going to try and get a quote for powdercoating the ones now. They might not be perfectly shiney but they'll be done for good lol.

Hahaha! They would be easy to maintain! Just for reference those tips were $89 for both.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Great thread...I just ordered the Borla catback so I hope mine are good for a few years lol...

You better keep them babies clean and waxed!

Hahaha! They would be easy to maintain! Just for reference those tips were $89 for both.

Thanks again. I'm waiting to hear about the powdercoating just for the hell of it.

Users who are viewing this thread