Religion-the reason for gay discrimination

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Too serious? These are serious issues. People like you are a virus on this world. You prevent society from moving foward and advancing their inderstanding and acceptance of all things. Do I think you will change your views? No. Bigots like you are incapable of change and that's not my goal. I wouldn't waste my time on you. I would have more success teaching a fish to breathe on land. If you find being called a bigot insulting, don't be one.

Society doesn't advance from homosexuality, again, you're showing your ignorance.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Jesus teaches tolerance and love! He also stated no one is without sin, and that all sin is equal in the Father's eyes!

Homosexuality is a sin, however we all sin daily. If this is the reason for discrimination we should all be discriminated against daily!:beer:

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Boosted96

Established Member
God doesn't hate the "sinner" he hates the "sin".

I was taught that "Sin" to God is like "poop" to us. Hear me out I was taught this in a simple way when I was young and it stuck with me.

I always had trouble seeing how stealing is the same as murder in his eyes. To me stealing is harmless in comparison to taking a life. God is so pure that any "sin" great or small will contaminate his purity.

So here it goes... You have a nice clean glass of water which represents God.

You wouldn't think twice to drink that water.

Now let me add a big chunk of poop to that water. Would you drink it now?

Ok let's get another clean glass of water. This time I will take a really small part of the poop. Would you drink that now?

I can't cast judgment about someone else's sin when I have enough of my own sins to deal with.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Lying is a choice, you willfully lie. You could just tell the truth. Just as an example. People whom willingly have premarital sex...

willfully means that you set out to deliberately do something....its what we would call premeditated.

If I am suddenly asked a question in the heat of the moment and quickly tell a lie before thinking about the consequences of my actions, I have not willfully lied.

Scripture has evidence of a couple who willfully lied, however.

Acts 5 said:
5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. 2 And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. 6 And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.

7 Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 And Peter answered her, “Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?”

She said, “Yes, for so much.”

9 Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” 10 Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband.

They agree together to lie (premeditated) and then went and lied and then lied that it wasnt a lie.

Now lets look at someone who didnt lie willfully

Matthew 26 said:
69 Now Peter sat outside in the courtyard. And a servant girl came to him, saying, “You also were with Jesus of Galilee.”

70 But he denied it before them all, saying, “I do not know what you are saying.”

71 And when he had gone out to the gateway, another girl saw him and said to those who were there, “This fellow also was with Jesus of Nazareth.”

72 But again he denied with an oath, “I do not know the Man!”

73 And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, “Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you.”

74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!”

Immediately a rooster crowed. 75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.

Last edited:

Griever423

Established Member
They're both right and wrong.

It isnt a choice in that it is a tendancy.

But it is a choice in that they dont have to act on it.

This is the same for any other sexual perversion you can name....pedophilia, beastiality, incest, etc. All those people were attracted to and got off with those sick acts. But, no one here would say that they are normal or not a choice.

Its always a choice who you stick something in or let someone stick their thing in you.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I truly to believe there are people who have a propensity towards being attracted sexually to the opposite sex. Guess what? It's still a sin. I might have a propensity towards lying, or maybe I have one towards murder. Guess what? Those are still sins as well.

The argument "I was made like this," or "I was born like this" implies that because those tendencies come naturally to that person they must be ok right? WRONG.

We live in a fallen world full of sin. We're bombarded with it daily relentlessley.

slidai

Established Member
Religion is the root of most of the evil and death in the world. Religion is a joke. It gives hope to the hopeless. Strength to the weak and explanation to the unexplainable.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
This statement is illogical. Here is why.

You state that if something has always existed then it is normal. Mental retardation has always existed. People being born with two heads, three legs or downs have always existed. Murder has always existed.

Just because it "existed". Doesn't make it right.

Who are you to decide what's right? Further, why do you feel the need to insert yourself into the lives of others that are doing exactly zero to hurt you? Awfully egotistical.

Nature does not practice homosexuality on normal scale. It's by accident and never continues. Apes doesn't go and get same sex partners etc. never.

Here we are with your definition of "normal" again only this time you throw in "scale". Please define what you feel is "normal scale" for nature.

BTW, primates definitely show this behavior. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal_2.html

From the article:

The bonobo, an African ape closely related to humans, has an even bigger sexual appetite. Studies suggest 75 percent of bonobo sex is nonreproductive and that nearly all bonobos are bisexual. Frans de Waal, author of Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape, calls the species a "make love, not war" primate. He believes bonobos use sex to resolve conflicts between individuals.

Other animals appear to go through a homosexual phase before they become fully mature. For instance, male dolphin calves often form temporary sexual partnerships, which scientists believe help to establish lifelong bonds. Such sexual behavior has been documented only relatively recently. Zoologists have been accused of skirting round the subject for fear of stepping into a political minefield.

Last edited:

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Have you ever heard of 12 and 13 year olds getting pregnant? Pedophilia, by medical definition, can be a 16 year old who is having sex with a 13 year old.

I was also using it to reference over 18 year-olds having sex with minors (though I know thats not its definition)

You're somehow instead making a connection between gays and kids impregnating kids? I need help with this one.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Society doesn't advance from homosexuality, again, you're showing your ignorance.

Doesn't advance much from the uncaring, uneducated waste of society procreating just to add another layer of themselves for the rest to take care of.

There are many gay/lesbian couples that have adopted and made the lives of their kids much better. You're probably thinking, though, that their kids inevitably become gay/lesbian, too. You would, however, be wrong.

There's a lot more to societal advancement then just the ability to crap out kids. :read:

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
willfully means that you set out to deliberately do something....its what we would call premeditated.

If I am suddenly asked a question in the heat of the moment and quickly tell a lie before thinking about the consequences of my actions, I have not willfully lied.

Scripture has evidence of a couple who willfully lied, however.

They agree together to lie (premeditated) and then went and lied and then lied that it wasnt a lie.

Now lets look at someone who didnt lie willfully

When you masturbate, you do so willfully and with premeditation. I know next to nothing about your doctrine but I'll bet that it's not okay yet you most likely do it often. How much trouble, exactly, does this get you in with "da boss"?

slidai

Established Member
Doesn't advance much from the uncaring, uneducated waste of society procreating just to add another layer of themselves for the rest to take care of.

There are many gay/lesbian couples that have adopted and made the lives of their kids much better. You're probably thinking, though, that their kids inevitably become gay/lesbian, too. You would, however, be wrong.

There's a lot more to societal advancement then just the ability to crap out kids. :read:

You will have to forgive venom. He's not the brightest star in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread