Religion-the reason for gay discrimination

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yay or nay?

If it weren't for the bible stating that marriage is a bond between a woman and man, would we discriminate against gays like we do?

Planter

Banned
well, consider this.

In the era when the Greeks and the Trojans (people of Troy) were fighting, it was common for gay men to go into battle together, because it was said that if two men loved each other, they would fight harder, to protect each other.

Homosexuality in the militaries of ancient Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homosexuality in ancient Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so we're talking at minimum 550 years PRIOR to the birth of Christ and perhaps even longer, and while it may not have been something that was talked about liberally, or publicly, it's difficult to say, how it was actually viewed in that time frame without doing some serious historical research.

for now I'd be inclined to think if not for religion/Bible/Jesus stuff...there might not be as much discrimination and issues as there are now.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I'm not religious in the least bit, and not against gays, but I am against gay marriage and the media pushing that shit on people everyday.

Most Americans don't want to hear about it, and as long as homos shut their mouths and go about their business, i believe almost everyone else (except for the true bigots) would go about their business as well. It's the MEDIA, like always, who creates this drama.

Quit with the glorifying and celebrations of gay lifestyles too. We get it, you're gay. Who cares!

Last edited:

GTAmuscle

Established Member
My basic philosophy on life is "if you're not hurting me then I don't give a shit" and gay people being gay and marrying each other does not affect my life.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Im sure there was discrimination before the bible but not to the extent of the post bible era. That's my guess .

paynecasey

Established Member
I'm not religious in the least bit, and not against gays, but I am against gay marriage and the media pushing that shit on people everyday.

Most Americans don't want to hear about it, and as long as homos shut their mouths and go about their business, i believe almost everyone else (except for the true bigots) would go about their business as well. It's the MEDIA, like always, who creates this drama.

Quit with the glorifying and celebrations of gay lifestyles too. We get it, you're gay. Who cares!
+1

I was looking up CFO jobs for FQHC's. Found one in NY City but the clinic was a gay, lesbian, transgender only clinic. I was like wtf pass. Such reverse sexism. Rather find a gig in Arizona.

I for one will never believe that someone is born gay. IT'S a learned behavior. No one in here will make me think any different. I believe I read somewhere that apes were tested as such: Ape raised alone away from other apes. When it got of age to be "turned on." It was confused and embarrassed and didn't know what to do. Why? because it wasn't around other apes to know this meant party time.

Same goes for gays. You watch or hang around it enough. Your gonna try it or become it.

Sociology class taught the ways become homo active.
1.) Bad hetro experience
2.) Confinement (aka prison away from the opposite sex)
3.) Hormonal imbalance
4.) under age rapping or molesting experience

There were a few more, but I can't remember.

So I guess I'm saying, there is more to it then religion.

But yes, I agree with the Bible. Romans 1-26. which is the New T.

PS who ever quotes me (and I know you will) this is my opinion and your not going to change it. It's wrong. I don't care how big the "bandwagon of support" gets.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member

If you're gay and want gay marriage, you have to push. If not you'll never get it.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'm more inclined to believe that the fact being gay is completely unnatural has more to do with it than religion

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

I dont have a problem with gays. I dont "support" them either. What 2 people do with their lives is there own business just dont go shoving it down everyone's throat. Sadly they do and then it makes them no better than the religious nut jobs who try shoving God down your throat by the shovel full.

I dont see why people have a problem with gay marriage. If 2 people love each other and want to get married then let them, who cares. Marriage was special 100 years ago. Now(to the majority of people), its nothing more than a status symbol, a way for women to "lock down" her babies father or to dig for gold/get set for life. I love my wife, and we got married for each other, no else. Not our parent, families, stupid religious beliefs, taxes, for facebook. We married each other to show our love for one another. If two women, or two men want to do that then who are we to stop them.

Religion is the worst thing to happen to humanity, IMO.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
imma go with the fact that a gay couple cant make a baby....seems it has nothing to do with the bible, and has everything to do with procreation.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
+1

I was looking up CFO jobs for FQHC's. Found one in NY City but the clinic was a gay, lesbian, transgender only clinic. I was like wtf pass. Such reverse sexism. Rather find a gig in Arizona.

I for one will never believe that someone is born gay. IT'S a learned behavior. No one in here will make me think any different. I believe I read somewhere that apes were tested as such: Ape raised alone away from other apes. When it got of age to be "turned on." It was confused and embarrassed and didn't know what to do. Why? because it wasn't around other apes to know this meant party time.

Same goes for gays. You watch or hang around it enough. Your gonna try it or become it.

Sociology class taught the ways become homo active.
1.) Bad hetro experience
2.) Confinement (aka prison away from the opposite sex)
3.) Hormonal imbalance
4.) under age rapping or molesting experience

There were a few more, but I can't remember.

So I guess I'm saying, there is more to it then religion.

But yes, I agree with the Bible. Romans 1-26. which is the New T.

PS who ever quotes me (and I know you will) this is my opinion and your not going to change it. It's wrong. I don't care how big the "bandwagon of support" gets.

I get what you're saying and I 100% agree, to an extent. It's basically nature vs. nurture, and I always side with nurture. You can't be born with psychological traits, it's not like instinct, you are made into the person you are.

I bet if you look at all gays and lesbians combined, nearly all of them had some troubled childhood, either came from a broken home, single parent, or some other unorthodox lifestyle for that of a child. Maybe they were socially closed off, who knows. I think it's more of a cry for help, or attention, wanting to be different from everyone else.

paynecasey

Established Member
imma go with the fact that a gay couple cant make a baby....seems it has nothing to do with the bible, and has everything to do with procreation.

Bingo. And they just want to marry for the tax benefit.

I really really dislike how pushy the gay community is.

Like the boy scout who announced he was gay and got kicked out. It's an ORGANIZATION people. Don't force your views on something that has been here longer than you. If you don't like it, make your own gay scout organization.

Or the female gay couple that went after the military wife's club thing. GET OVER IT. Start your own.

paynecasey

Established Member
I get what you're saying and I 100% agree, to an extent. It's basically nature vs. nurture, and I always side with nurture. You can't be born with psychological traits, it's not like instinct, you are made into the person you are.

I bet if you look at all gays and lesbians combined, nearly all of them had some troubled childhood, either came from a broken home, single parent, or some other unorthodox lifestyle for that of a child. Maybe they were socially closed off, who knows. I think it's more of a cry for help, or attention, wanting to be different from everyone else.

yep, another reason was being raised by a single parent of the opposite sex.

Boy raised by mommy only becomes a fairy. Girl raised by dad only becomes butch. It's learned behavior.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Bingo. And they just want to marry for the tax benefit.

I really really dislike how pushy the gay community is.

Like the boy scout who announced he was gay and got kicked out. It's an ORGANIZATION people. Don't force your views on something that has been here longer than you. If you don't like it, make your own gay scout organization.

Or the female gay couple that went after the military wife's club thing. GET OVER IT. Start your own.

government should get out of the segregation business....thats what they do with all these special tax and welfare laws.

Everyone should be taxed EQUALLY.

Seems this is a tax and benefits issue, not a gay marriage issue, at its root.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Uggh, threads like these make me want to sell my car. You guys are collectively some of the most uneducated, uninformed bunch of dumbasses I've ever run across.

What's next, we gonna go lynch some black people?

And plenty of straight people get married and don't have kids, so should we prevent them from getting married too? Marriage has nothing to do with procreation, guess again.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
And plenty of straight people get married and don't have kids, so should we prevent them from getting married too? Marriage has nothing to do with procreation, guess again.

Part of it is for procreation...its a sexual contract.

Last I checked, a woman didnt have a dingy to stick in another woman and a man doesnt have a hole that is self lubricating to take another man's dingy.

these are basic concepts.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Also, by supporting gay marriage, you are segregating against those who believe in polygamy, group marriage, and under-age marriage (where one member in the marriage is under legal age of consent)

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Part of it is for procreation...its a sexual contract.

Last I checked, a woman didnt have a dingy to stick in another woman and a man doesnt have a hole that is self lubricating to take another man's dingy.

these are basic concepts.

As far as the letter of the law is concerned, this is all irrelevant. You're basically arguing religion here and I'm not. You're insinuating that because "that's the way god created us and since god supposedly says marriage is only between a man and a woman, then homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry", amiright?

Marriage is a legal contract and nothing more. From a legal perspective, there's no reason someone shouldn't be able to marry someone of the same sex.

sawblade99z

Established Member
I was raised and am still of the Christian faith. Baptist, to be more specific. I'll save all the scripture that preaches against homosexual behavior, but I do believe it IS wrong. Will always disagree with it. If someone asks for my opinion, I have no problem being brutally honest about what I think. With that said, I'm not going to go on a crusade against it either. Unless asked, I keep my opinion to myself. I have friends who are gay, and they know my personal opinion on the matter, but I treat them no differently than I would anyone else, nor do I shove my beliefs (religious or any other) down their throat. There is most definitely a tactful way to handle a situation, and many of the religious extremists do not take that road. Christ taught to love everyone, even if you disagree with their lifestyle, and that's the approach I try to take. Remember, gentlemen, there is also a huge difference between tolerance and acceptance. You don't have to approve, just treat them well anyway. That's just part of being a mature adult.

I'm also a double major in college and one of them is psychology. I will never believe there is a "gay gene". I, like paynecasey, fully believe it is a learned trait. If you take classes and actually study the matter, it makes more much sense than to blame it on some gay gene our super intelligent scientists are still trying to come up with an explanation for. The years up until puberty are crucial in one's psychosexual development. Growing up in a broken home, being sexually mistreated at a young age, your parents' beliefs/lifestyle, the kind of company you keep, and many other nurturing factors all contribute to one's development. Much more than any inborn characteristic ever will.

Now, with all of that said, it pisses me off to no end how the media contributes to all of the sexual orientation/race/gender inequality crap. That's the reason there is so much drama surrounding it. Seems to me that the simple-minded "activists" in this country only get their panties in a wad when they hear a biased story on tv and are told they have a right to. Everyone needs to quit being such a bunch of sensitive little babies, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread