Religion-the reason for gay discrimination

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
If being gay is a choice, please explain to me why any male would choose to be gay knowing how they are viewed by the majority of the United States.

Why would someone choose to be chastised most of their life?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
If being gay is a choice, please explain to me why any male would choose to be gay knowing how they are viewed by the majority of the United States.

Lack of other options to get attention?... Who knows

Why do people shoot eachother, shoot up schools, and kill themselves when they know it's wrong and everyone is against it?...

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Lack of other options to get attention?... Who knows

Why do people shoot eachother, shoot up schools, and kill themselves when they know it's wrong and everyone is against it?...

Because they're legitimately mentally ill.

That's very different and it's sad if you can't understand that.

alex3610

Established Member
Where is this god fella so we can question him? Oh wait he is off "working in mysterious ways" like having people shoot 5 year olds in schools and what have you.

sawblade99z

Established Member
We aren't saying a man wakes up one morning and thinks, "Hmm. I think I want to be gay. I am voluntarily choosing to be attracted to other men". Although I'm sure there are some who voluntarily choose that lifestyle, I, along with others, am simply saying that I do not believe it is a characteristic people are BORN with. We are saying there are environmental/nurturing factors that influence the child at an early age, which contribute to them developing differently from a heterosexual individual. These factors would be buried deep within the person's subconscious, therefore the individual doesn't realize the event has affected them in the way that it has.

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

That's a good point, and one that the nurtur crowd usually doesn't have an answer for. I'm not sure who would choose to be treated like a second class citizen their entire life.

Because they're legitimately mentally ill.

That's very different and it's sad if you can't understand that.

They also choose to do those activities, something gay people don't. Your sexuality isn't a conscious choice like blowing away a kindergarten class with an assault rifle is.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Where is this god fella so we can question him? Oh wait he is off "working in mysterious ways" like having people shoot 5 year olds in schools and what have you.

That "Mysterious 'God' Man" also gave mankind the gift/curse of something called "free will"....:read:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
are minorities discriminated against because of religion too? come the **** on, it's connected to the basic philosophies of humanity - we generally don't like what is different. look all through history at the numerous groups of people that simply thought they were superior for whatever reason, religion or otherwise.
homosexual discrimination isn't any different than any other kind of discrimination.

how naive are you?

sawblade99z

Established Member
That "Mysterious 'God' Man" also gave mankind the gift/curse of something called "free will"....:read:

+1,000

Game, Set, and Match.

Either people want to say those that follow Him are mindless zombies who don't have the free will to make their own choices, or they want to say that the acts people perform out of their own God-given free will are His fault. Whichever better fits their own agenda/argument. Either way, both are incredibly ignorant conclusions.

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
We aren't saying a man wakes up one morning and thinks, "Hmm. I think I want to be gay. I am voluntarily choosing to be attracted to other men". Although I'm sure there are some who voluntarily choose that lifestyle, I, along with others, am simply saying that I do not believe it is a characteristic people are BORN with. We are saying there are environmental/nurturing factors that influence the child at an early age, which contribute to them developing differently from a heterosexual individual. These factors would be buried deep within the person's subconscious, therefore the individual doesn't realize the event has affected them in the way that it has.

This makes no sense. If it happens in their subconscious, then it's not a choice. Hence, subconscious.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Uggh, threads like these make me want to sell my car. You guys are collectively some of the most uneducated, uninformed bunch of dumbasses I've ever run across.

What's next, we gonna go lynch some black people?

This!

And plenty of straight people get married and don't have kids, so should we prevent them from getting married too? Marriage has nothing to do with procreation, guess again.
We already have too many people who are starving everyday. Maybe its ok if everyone doesn't procreate. Btw lesbians can have babies....gay guys can adopt....

alex3610

Established Member
+1,000

Game, Set, and Match.

Either people want to say those that follow Him are mindless zombies who don't have the free will to make their own choices, or they want to say that the acts people perform out of their own God-given free will are His fault. Whichever better fits their own agenda/argument. Either way, both are incredibly ignorant conclusions.

But the belief in an invisible man in the sky that supposedly created everyone and everything, is so loving that he gave his children the free will to kill innocent 5 year olds, isn't an ignorant conclusion?

Bottom line is NOTHING you say can prove anything about your religion of choice. There is nothing wrong with you having whatever beliefs you choose, but why should it impact others ability to freely live the way they want to?

I was always taught that we lived in a FREE country. If two guys want to **** each other in the ass, why should I care? It may not sound like it from what I wrote above, but I truly respect that you have your own beliefs/opinions/morals etc. Likewise, I cherish the fact that I can have my own, however different, as long as they don't cause harm to those around me. (jihad etc.) If you really believe that being gay, committing gay acts, or gays marrying is wrong, then fine. Don't do it. But don't stop someone else from doing it if that is what makes them happy.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member

Yeap

Whats the difference? Do you know these triggers? Do you have control on how you were raised?

we're to assume that "Mysterious 'God' Man" is all knowing and all powerful, but this guy is in a position to question him... :lol:

Eh, which god? Most gods are said to be omniscient which is impossible if free will is involved.

are minorities discriminated against because of religion too? come the **** on, it's connected to the basic philosophies of humanity - we generally don't like what is different. look all through history at the numerous groups of people that simply thought they were superior for whatever reason, religion or otherwise.
homosexual discrimination isn't any different than any other kind of discrimination.

Humans dont like whats different and avoid change for the most part, but, when you have a book that people worship (and teach their kids to worship) stating that homosexuals are going to hell because its an ungodly sin, that seems to exacerbate the discrimination.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Why do fat people chose to eat the Wendy's triple stack? Why do kids chose to be goth? Why do we get into these debates with the hope of coming to a conclusion despite the fact it is to just argue?

04svtsnke

Established Member
But the belief in an invisible man in the sky that supposedly created everyone and everything, is so loving that he gave his children the free will to kill innocent 5 year olds, isn't an ignorant conclusion?

Bottom line is NOTHING you say can prove anything about your religion of choice. There is nothing wrong with you having whatever beliefs you choose, but why should it impact others ability to freely live the way they want to?

I was always taught that we lived in a FREE country. If two guys want to **** each other in the ass, why should I care? It may not sound like it from what I wrote above, but I truly respect that you have your own beliefs/opinions/morals etc. Likewise, I cherish the fact that I can have my own, however different, as long as they don't cause harm to those around me. (jihad etc.) If you really believe that being gay, committing gay acts, or gays marrying is wrong, then fine. Don't do it. But don't stop someone else from doing it if that is what makes them happy.

/Thread very well put sir

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

The free will mindset deals more with man being a free moral being and has the ability to make free choices, not that god "allowed" him. I beleive the bible said something along the lines of "choices flow from the heart, and sin is easily present in those decisions" - Cant remember lol.

Now IMHO, i dont think many Christians are along the lines of the Westboro folks. Most understand the mindset of hate the sin..love the sinner while also understanding we all sin.....Most just dont like it shoved down there throat and most could care less if two guys go to town on each other...they just dont want it called marriage..now this is from my findings..others might see things differently.

paynecasey

Established Member
Uggh, threads like these make me want to sell my car. You guys are collectively some of the most uneducated, uninformed bunch of dumbasses I've ever run across.

What's next, we gonna go lynch some black people?

And plenty of straight people get married and don't have kids, so should we prevent them from getting married too? Marriage has nothing to do with procreation, guess again.

Lynch black people. Now your talking apples and oranges. Nothing wrong with the color of your skin. The only racist is the person who has to bro g up black history month every year. "LOOK WHAT WE DID!" You end racism by not talking about it and progressing forward.

"Obama blah blah the first black president." He's 50% white 25% black and 25% I don't know, Kenyen or Somalian. But if statistics class taught me anything. It doesn't matter if you are 10% 20% or 30% black. If you have any. You black. Tiger Woods is half black. But do we refer to him as? Black.

Users who are viewing this thread