Recent Movie Reviews

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
I thought DRIVE was a good movie. And also thought the lead guy did a great job. I do not watch movies much so it is tough for me to sit through a whole movie.

Only movies i sat through and thought were good are:

DRIVE (great soundtrack)

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (great action flick)

Protect the Block (good alien movie)

Green Lantern (thought it was way better than people said it was.. maybe it was just Blake Lively)

Captain America (was good to see a movie not end in a happy ending for the main star)

bullitt1672

Established Member
Another vote for The Help as well. Was watching movies at the girlfriends place and told her I'd watch 15 minutes of it then was going to sleep because I had things to do in the morning...I ended up watching all 2.5 hours of it lol, pretty good IMO.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Watched the last Harry Potter. Pretty sick, not a fan of the series nor the books but since ive seen the rest figured id finish them off. had way more action than all the others combined. By far the best yet.

canibus

Established Member
Watched Ides of March, The Change Up, Killer Elite and Cowboys & Aliens.

Ides Of march 4 out of 5
It's a slow movie, not for people who have no patience for a movie to develop. It ends a bit abruptly but a very enjoyable movie for people who are into political dramas.

The change up 3.5 out of 5
I really liked it and it was hilarious, but the story is played out and awfully predictable. It's still funny so it's worth checking out.

Killer Elite 4.5 out of 5
Really good story, great actors and tons of action. I would have made it a 5 but the Statham stunts ruin movies for me. Which is why I stayed away from the transporter movies.

Cowboys and Aliens 4 out of 5
I know it seems like a high score, but the movie was actually bad ass. Some of the actors sucked in it, but I think Ford and Craig did great. Give it a chance, it's not all that bad.

I've added these reviews to the OP, just to add to the list.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Drive 4.8/5

Just saw it and I must say it was an excellent movie! I've actually seen it 4 times in the past week cause all the guys in my squad kept wanting to see it and since it's so good I watched it every time. The consensus from everyone was that it was a great movie! Takes a little bit to really get moving but they do have to develop the story. The way it was done was just different, from the music to the lack of dialogue and just the characters. I'm scratching my head at the people who dogged it, which so many did that it kept me from seeing it this long cause I assumed it was a crappy movie.

P.S. The curb stomp in American Histoy X aint got nothin on the elevator scene in Drive!

Middle Men - 4.0/5

In Time - 2/5

The Gray - 3.8/5

Last edited:

GrayGhost03

Established Member
i liked drive, had a 80's feel to it. not that i care about the 80's but i thought some of the movies then were cool. took me back when i was young

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i recently got more into the independent films, with that being said 'Shame' was a great movie, about a sex addict who's life falls apart when his sister comes to live with him, he has to hide and alter all his ways....crazy ending.

i've been wanting to see "A Separation", it won best foreign film at the Oscars, it looked really good.

Users who are viewing this thread