Recent Movie Reviews

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Drive 4.8/5

Just saw it and I must say it was an excellent movie! I've actually seen it 4 times in the past week cause all the guys in my squad kept wanting to see it and since it's so good I watched it every time. The consensus from everyone was that it was a great movie! Takes a little bit to really get moving but they do have to develop the story. The way it was done was just different, from the music to the lack of dialogue and just the characters. I'm scratching my head at the people who dogged it, which so many did that it kept me from seeing it this long cause I assumed it was a crappy movie.

It's definitely a hate it or love it movie. Still hate it.. and ironically can't comprehend how anyone liked it. LOL :beer:

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
Few movies I saw
Act of Valor - .5/5 The action couldnt make up for this god awful movie. My brother and I may have been the only people there not into it. God damn propoganda movie.

Drive - 2.5/5 - Ryan Gosling in the movie = no emotion on his face the whole movie - Movie dragged for me and wasnt what i expected

In Time - 3/5 - Concept was good but I hate Justin Timberlake on a biblical level. Had the potential to be an awesome movie

Devil's Double - 5/5 - best movie i've seen all year - just goes to show how insane Uday Hussein was and what lengths he would go to to stay alive

Moneyball - 4.5/5 - The combination of Pitt and Jonah Hill made this movie - Great storyline to keep those not into baseball into it

The Help - I cant really give a good review as I didnt watch the whole movie uniterrupted - I'll come back to it, but what I did see I liked

Contraband - 4/5 - Wahlberg never fails to deliver - Foster did a good job as a supporting role - good action and great storyline

UncleDan

Established Member
Act of Valor - .5/5 The action couldnt make up for this god awful movie. My brother and I may have been the only people there not into it. God damn propoganda movie.

How was it in any way "god awful?"

The whole point in the movie is to showcase how real SEALs conduct themselves on the battlefield. Many of the things that happened in the movie have actually happened to SEALs in real life (guy who loses an eye, the guy who gets hit with a dud RPG round, the guy who gets shot a ton of times with an AK-47 and doesn't die, and still pulls his pistol out and kills the bad guy, the guy who jumped on a live grenade to save the other SEALs in his platoon.)

If you were looking for an overly done, Hollywood action packed film with big sweaty muscular guys running around with machine guns that never run out of ammunition, then you should have watched ****ing Rambo.

I would give Act of Valor a 5 out of 5. It was an OUTSTANDING film.

"Propaganda film?" Hmmm... I'd say more like "strategic deterrence."

In other words, to the enemy... "This is what we are capable of doing to you."

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
How was it in any way "god awful?"

The whole point in the movie is to showcase how real SEALs conduct themselves on the battlefield. Many of the things that happened in the movie have actually happened to SEALs in real life (guy who loses an eye, the guy who gets hit with a dud RPG round, the guy who gets shot a ton of times with an AK-47 and doesn't die, and still pulls his pistol out and kills the bad guy, the guy who jumped on a live grenade to save the other SEALs in his platoon.)

If you were looking for an overly done, Hollywood action packed film with big sweaty muscular guys running around with machine guns that never run out of ammunition, then you should have watched ****ing Rambo.

I would give Act of Valor a 5 out of 5. It was an OUTSTANDING film.

"Propaganda film?" Hmmm... I'd say more like "strategic deterrence."

In other words, to the enemy... "This is what we are capable of doing to you."

I think you drank the kool aid.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Drive = 4/5 - Love the way they made this movie. And just when you thought it woudn't get violent...WOW!!

Tower Heist = 1/5 - I am being generous here becuase I seriously do not think I chuckled once watching this turd of a flick.

Users who are viewing this thread