Recent Movie Reviews

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
good to hear about sherlock holmes , i wanna see it. I saw the new mission impossible and i thought it was pretty good. Thor and Captain were pretty good, im a fan of those movies. Not interested in the girl with dragon tattoo and im looking for drive i hear mixed reviews.
horrible bosses and hall pass were great. Hangover 2 was good but predicatable. Im looking forward to act of valor and underworld.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
50/50 - 4 out of 5
It Pulls on the heart strings, it's a good date movie. I think it would have been better had there not been a comedy angle, but at the same time the comedy of Seth Rogen is what brought the people in. So I'd say it was a good enough mix.

The Hangover 2 - 1 out of 5
Terrible follow up. I literally laughed once.

Horrible Bosses - 2.5 out of 5
It was Meh, yet still funnier than hangover 2

Captain America The first Avenger - 3 out of 5
It was a bit boring, but then again captain america wasn't the most exciting marvel character.

Thor - 3.5 out of 5
I thought the idea of making this movie was stupid, but I was really surprised with how it turned out. The better of the superhero movies of 2011.

Green Lantern - 3 out of 5
I felt like it could've been a lot better, it was good but not to it's potential.
50/50 was a great movie. I liked the comedy part of it because for some reason I got the feeling that thats how I would de-stress myself if I was in that position. Seth Rogen and Joseph Levitt were great in it, especially Levitt. He had me sold on the part when he lets go in the vehicle and lets out all of his frustration by screaming at the top of his lungs.

The Hangover 2 wasn't bad but I predicted pretty much the entire movie the whole time I watched it so that kind of killed it for me. Funny parts but it was basically the same as the first one.

Horrible Bosses was great, got a lot of good laughs and Jennifer Aniston is just:banana::pepper:

Captain America seemed slow at times but kept pulling me in the whole time. I actually expected more from this movie.

Thor, well I never watched it because the previews made the movie seem a little cheesy.

Green Lantern had the potential to be a good movie, I was rooting for it especially since I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan.

i saw Hall Pass last night, and I LOL'D during the whole thing.

5 out of 5.
Hall Pass was hilarious.

I thought horrible bosses was good. But Jennifer aniston is my baby momma so I'm biased.
I'll fight you to the death for her:beer:

I saw "The Girl With the dragon Tatto" last night. Great movie. Music provided by Trent Reznor, so that was great too. My wife said it was better than the book.
I really want to go see this movie, looks good and from what I've heard it is.

canibus

Established Member
You guys can have jennifer aniston. I'm sick of her million movies a year wich all turn out to be crap. Only reason I watched horrible bosses was because of spacey otherwise I would have skipped it altogether. I can't stand her.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Watched "Warrior" last night and it was really good. Wan't too happy with the ending because I would liked to have known how the prize money worked out, but other than that, Tom Hardy was a bad mofo...

canibus

Established Member
Can't believe I forgot to add warrior to my list. I loved it, also would have liked to see an extended ending. The money was one thing, but the whole ordeal with tommy could've covered another 1/2 hour easy. I give it 4 out of 5

Also I would like to add "In Time" to the list. I give it 2 out of 5. The concept was really interesting but the execution of it was god awful. Casting Justing Timberlake as the main character was the dumbest idea in the world. The guy isn't even B movie worthy. OMG I still can't believe he was the main character. Stay away from this one, avoid the curiosity.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Also I would like to add "In Time" to the list. I give it 2 out of 5. The concept was really interesting but the execution of it was god awful. Casting Justing Timberlake as the main character was the dumbest idea in the world. The guy isn't even B movie worthy. OMG I still can't believe he was the main character. Stay away from this one, avoid the curiosity.

Sounds like SuckerPunch. Great concept, poor execution. Couldve been a Matrix-esque mind****, but instead it just ended weak and predictable.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
In Warrior, with you on the end, an easy 30min could have been added and I would have watched it.

Three other mentions for those with a softer side....The Help, Water For Elephants and Midnight in Paris wasn't too bad.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Warrior was easily one of the better movies I've seen in a few years. If you have a brother, it's gonna be a tear jerker. Very well done, in my opinion.

Still waiting on legit reviews of MI4. Looks like a BMW commercial, but I've always been entertained by the series...even if the story is a bit far fetched.

Here's a review for you.

Human Centipede: 2/5
Think of the most twisted shit someone could dream up....throw it in a movie, with awful acting, and a Euro-trash twist...and you have yourself "The Human Centipede." The caveat here though? It's just too damn twisted and jacked up for you to turn it off. You just keep watching the ridiculousness that is this movie.

M3xpress

Established Member
I had no intention on seeing Thor but when it came out I saw it with my Dad bc he wanted to see it due to reading the comics when he was little. It was better than I thought. I also enjoyed Captain America and I'm looking forward to Avengers.

I think Warrior was great and one of the best movies I've seen this year.

I saw Ghost Protocol Monday and I think it was pretty good, I barely remember anything about the others except for the first one. I'll remember this one.

I saw The Girl with Dragon Tattoo last night. Great story, wasn't expecting it to be as graphic as it was, I could have done without seeing some of it. Outside the movie I find it pretty interesting that the dragon tat girl's family founded the NY Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Last edited:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
I thought In Time was a pretty good movie. I like Justin Timberlake as an actor for some odd reason.

The Help was a great movie. To think it wasn't that long ago that it was happening.

Cowboys and Aliens was better than what I was expecting. I think the title threw me off, but it was pretty awesome.

30 Minutes or Less was straight shit

Kung Fu Panda 2 was enjoyable for me. lol.

Our Idiot Brother was hilarious! Paul Rudd is too funny

I thought Immortals was so-so. Not as epic as I thought it would be.

Fright Night was ok. I don't like the guy who played McLovin. He is a homo.

texaswrx

Established Member
Watched "Warrior" last night and it was really good. Wan't too happy with the ending because I would liked to have known how the prize money worked out, but other than that, Tom Hardy was a bad mofo...
Same here. I was hoping for a bit more when they were walking away from the ring. And yeah, that fella was a beast.

flS/R

Established Member
I look forward to watching the girl with the dragon tattoo. I have watched the original film and enjoyed it. Hopefully the actors in this version are remotely as good as the actors in the original.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Watched another one tonight and call me crazy, but I'm giving it a 10. Movie was "Soul Surfer," and it's based on a true story. If you don't shed a tear, you're not human.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Just watched that movie recommended "Devils Double"... I can give another +1 on one of the better movies I have seen lately. You can pick it up now on net flix with no wait...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I almost never watch movies ever. I'm more into documentaries. I did see contagion the other day though and thought it was pretty wack.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Drive - 4.5 out of 5
Only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because Ryan Gosslin as a bad ass still doesn't click. Coming from a bunch of love movies it's hard to see him in that role. Regardless the rest of the movie was bad ass.

The Devils Double - 5 out of 5
My favorite of the year.

I agree with both of these. Both awesome movies. The Devils Double was so humorous to me, I couldn't stop laughing.

"****ing Kuwaitis, they come and steal our oil. Billions and billions of dollars, every year!"

And how/where he "picks up" girls, so wrong but so funny!

Users who are viewing this thread