• YES, I LOVEIT!

Votes: 187 39.5%
  • HELL NO!!!

Votes: 286 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snakecharmer

Established Member
Not only Hell no, but hell ****ING no. That rear is just ghastly. It is fat, badly proportioned, and adorned with the absolute most hideous black plastic known to man. I'm not a fan of the front end either, but the back is just unfixable and gets my vote for the ugliest Mustang in over 30 years. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Its like all the other strange ford designs... they eventually grow on ya. The ford taurus... hell idk what year 96? when the bubbly windows head lights and tail lights? I wanted to puke just the mere sight of it. Couple years later, I was completely down with them. atleast the car has hips now!
Dont know about that one, 4 years later and the 05 Mustangs still dont do it for me. Nothing bad against them though, they are fast car's (GT's that is) :beer:

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
These poll options suck. Are we all fourteen year old girls?

brianz426

Established Member
At first I really hated it. After seeing a couple in person I'm really starting to like them. I think they copied some design cues from Aston Martin.

Scouty

Established Member
nice , but could be better!
anyway the new motor rockz cos 2006~2009 sux , reborn to terminatorss!!!

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
2010:
mustang-rear.jpg

or
112_0904_17z+2010_ford_mustang_GT+rear_three_quarter.jpg

First thing that came to mind when I saw the overall odd shape that the 10's were taking on was Countach?? :shrug:

9999999999999999999999999.gif

Jeremey Clarksn

TOP GEAR
Established Member
One of the best looking rears the Mustang has had in over a decade. Ford disgraced the Mustang name with the hideous looking 99-04 models. The 99-04 body style was a nightmare. Glad Ford woke up and got this model right.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
i have to say i thought it looked horrendous before i saw it in person but in person i think it looks pretty good:shrug:

also loving the 2010 gt500:rockon:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
I had to go to the dealer today to get a part for my 05 and saw a '10 I must say that the rear doesn't look ugly in person. I actually thought to myself, wow that looks pretty good. Also the interior on these cars are so gorgeous and very ergonomic.

Last edited:

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
It's not great, but it's better than the 05-09 rear end. The first time I saw a 05 I was amazed at how frickin' giant the tailights were, and I still to this day everytime I see one in front of me all I can think of is how damn big and square the lights are. At least the new one has a different, not so square shape, and smaller profile to them, while the rear end as a whole looks pretty good.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
This poll/thread seriously lacks some pictures. I'll help out.

2010:
mustang-rear.jpg

or
112_0904_17z+2010_ford_mustang_GT+rear_three_quarter.jpg

Versus Current 2005:
08_coupe_red_rear.jpg

Or my favorite, the 1969:
1969_ford_mustang_fastback_rear.jpg
I like it.
When I was a kid the first thing I looked at to see if it was a '69 or '70 Mustang was the rear tail lights.
'65, '66 grill, gas cap, padded dash, instrument cluster.
The front suspension on '65's are shimmed for adjustment.. Boo!

67 looked similar to a '68 but very few parts were interchangeable. '68... side markers.

Thanks for reminiscing with me. :D
Jeff

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've seen the new rear in person and just don't like it at all. The front, though, looks better. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread