really cheap cai

wbt

Banned
That was a rule:-D Everyone had to run the stock box.

Not sure what your talking about here and don't really care. I did IAT testing on my S/C car to show IAT's aren't anywhere near as hot as you say. BTW, My S/C intake is just like my N/A intake, so temps are the same.

We all agree "some" are not able to tune the car for the changes an intake makes. So until you figutre that out, no cense in testing.

Hmm, doesn't hold water:nono:
Times ranged from 11.20 - 12.20 and MPH from 114-121.

Mods included Cold Air Intake, Headers, cat backs and tuning
ALL had at least an intake
So if the stock box is the way to go you'd think at least one shop would have tried to show off it's tuning and driving abilty and run it stock right? :shrug:

Please, the best in the business were at this thing and NONE were foolish enough to run the stock box.

Imagine if more time was spent at the track figuring out the tune problem vs running around the forums attacking parts sellers.

I will post results of testing your CAI at the track. Nothing you can do to change or stop that. Are you implying my tuner sucks? You are just full of fail. I am not attacking anyone, I am responding to bullshit.

This thread is about aftermarket CAI's in general, not just the JLT piece. If I were out to attack you I would post about the poor quality of your plastic CAI. Would you like for me to post that link for everyone and how you respond/react to the community? Your choice. If I were in your shoes I would quit while you can. So far you have bowed out of this thread twice but then keep coming back for more.

Wrong test and wrong thread. He tested the Airaid at Arrington

He was responding to me, not you. I linked the thread where he said how the Airaid CAI was tested and the results in response to my question.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I like the 2 mph, but the .1 is pretty marginal. I don't even know if that is worth the time and expense...unless I wind up stuck back in the 12's.

Mike

What you may not know is that the "better" time was acomplished at a lower DA. He tries to use the correction factor, but to me that's the same as using corrected dyno numbers. Who knows in reality what the engine is going to produce or how the car is going to perform as a whole until it's actually done? That's called ass-umption my friend.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
What you may not know is that the "better" time was acomplished at a lower DA. He tries to use the correction factor, but to me that's the same as using corrected dyno numbers. Who knows in reality what the engine is going to produce or how the car is going to perform as a whole until it's actually done? That's called ass-umption my friend.

Well, I am going to find out. As someone who is on the bubble between the 12's and the 11's, I want a couple of easy tenths. If they are there, it is worth it. If it is snake oil, it is not.

Mike

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Yep. 382.9 HP hood up and 381.6 HP hood down. Both were with an Airaid and a Lethal OR X-pipe. Also, the car had really low mileage (~1,100 miles) on it at that time. I put it back to stock and ran it again a few months later and it made 381.8 HP bone stock, it was just broken in more (I think it was around 3,300 mile then) and running RP 5w30 HPS (if you think oil makes a difference).

Tucker

I will post results of testing your CAI at the track. Nothing you can do to change or stop that. Are you implying my tuner sucks? You are just full of fail. I am not attacking anyone, I am responding to bullshit.

This thread is about aftermarket CAI's in general, not just the JLT piece. If I were out to attack you I would post about the poor quality of your plastic CAI. Would you like for me to post that link for everyone and how you respond/react to the community? Your choice. If I were in your shoes I would quit while you can. So far you have bowed out of this thread twice but then keep coming back for more.

He was responding to me, not you. I linked the thread where he said how the Airaid CAI was tested and the results in response to my question.
LOL,
Not saying anything about your tuner, but if he's like the tuners here who say they can't get the dyno numbers gained with an intaketo the ground track testing is a waste.
Once your tuner figures out the issues in the tune you'll be golden:thumbsup:

I'm glad you brought up the thread you attacked me in. A thread about a rear end oil leak and you attack me about an intake.

An intake issue you have never contacted me about and one I've not had issue with in the past. The "no agenda" way of duscussing product questions is on the phone so a resolution can be found. Bitching at me in a thread when I have no idea who you are is not the way.
S197forum loves to bandwagon jump and attack vendors, so me arguing with you is stupid. I said to call me if you had a problem and you choose not.

So you find any and every thread I'm in and pick my posts apart.

May be you can make a phone call to discuss all your hostility towards me and my company? I bet we could easily help you with what ever you need!

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
LOL,
Not saying anything about your tuner, but if he's like the tuners here who say they can't get the dyno numbers gained with an intaketo the ground track testing is a waste.
Once your tuner figures out the issues in the tune you'll be golden:thumbsup:

I'm glad you brought up the thread you attacked me in. A thread about a rear end oil leak and you attack me about an intake.

An intake issue you have never contacted me about and one I've not had issue with in the past. The "no agenda" way of duscussing product questions is on the phone so a resolution can be found. Bitching at me in a thread when I have no idea who you are is not the way.
S197forum loves to bandwagon jump and attack vendors, so me arguing with you is stupid. I said to call me if you had a problem and you choose not.

So you find any and every thread I'm in and pick my posts apart.

May be you can make a phone call to discuss all your hostility towards me and my company? I bet we could easily help you with what ever you need!

If you insist. It has nothing to do with this topic however but is a good read for those interested. I stuck up for several community members and their feedback after you browbeat them. You brought up how you only sell quality products to which I responded in-kind to.

[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78030]WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

I have nothing against you or your company on a personal level. I have an issue when a vendor posts crap or talks down the very community who built that business however.

wbt

Banned
Yep. 382.9 HP hood up and 381.6 HP hood down. Both were with an Airaid and a Lethal OR X-pipe. Also, the car had really low mileage (~1,100 miles) on it at that time. I put it back to stock and ran it again a few months later and it made 381.8 HP bone stock, it was just broken in more (I think it was around 3,300 mile then) and running RP 5w30 HPS (if you think oil makes a difference).

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Tucker

You can help those who don't allow it.

Meaning if you ever need anything from me I answer the phone.
I stand behind the product 100% as you see here.
In a rear end thread you jump me about not wanting to sell a cheap resivior and then bring up something you don't like about our intake and now in a thread about the workings of an intake you bring it up again, but never call about it? Seems like an agenda to me.

So instead of answering any of my questions about the intakes used in the shootout which pertains to this thread you, yet again, attack me about something not related and you never contacted me about.

I guess saying " I have nothing against your ..." makes your posts none confrontational? LOL

If you don't like your product, return it or talk to me about it, but don't threaten me to tell the world.
The world knows I'm passionate about our products and will help anyone willing enough to ask for it.

On S197 you bitch because I won't argue with you and leave, but here you wonder why I'm staying.
I posted my contact info and you chose not to use it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
You can help those who don't allow it.

Meaning if you ever need anything from me I answer the phone.
I stand behind the product 100% as you see here.
In a rear end thread you jump me about not wanting to sell a cheap resivior and then bring up something you don't like about our intake and now in a thread about the workings of an intake you bring it up again, but never call about it? Seems like an agenda to me.

So instead of answering any of my questions about the intakes used in the shootout which pertains to this thread you, yet again, attack me about something not related and you never contacted me about.

I guess saying " I have nothing against your ..." makes your posts none confrontational? LOL

If you don't like your product, return it or talk to me about it, but don't threaten me to tell the world.
The world knows I'm passionate about our products and will help anyone willing enough to ask for it.

On S197 you bitch because I won't argue with you and leave, but here you wonder why I'm staying.
I posted my contact info and you chose not to use it.

i feel so bad this guy is fighting with you. he needs to go back to s197 or allfordmustangs

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
why is it half these new 11+ mustang owners have to complain about everything or think they know more from reading some BS online.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
A lot of people feel the exact same about you.........

And wow who would have thought a thread on new intake would create so many posts

i complain about cry baby people. thats it. every other post is legit. go buy your cheap ass intake. 40k car and u buy junk

alex12gt

Established Member
Actually ive only had jlt and airraid on my 2011 and 12.....and just posted this as an option to others

kdanner

Banned
there is a difference between not agreeing and having no clue what your talking about. Along with being an ass to a forum sponsor.

Really, so the guy who bought the product after seeing it spammed all over tech forums should just shut up about the problems he had with the product and accept it as it is? Is that what you mean? Or, he should keep it all private so no one finds out, sweep it under the rug, make phone calls to try to get resolution, but don't dare mention anything on a forum? Maybe that is what you mean?

How about this, right off the JLT website: JLT Plastic CAI (2011-12 Mustang GT/BOSS 302) *Tuning Required [CAI-FMG-11] - $299.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

"Our testing as well as many others have showed gains of 24-30 RWHP with our CAI and custom tune. If you see more “claimed” by others, ask them how."

So they encourage people to question anyone else. However when that situation is reversed and they are questioned instead, the response from both them and from nutswingers like you is that they should not be questioned. Hypocrisy at it's finest. :bash:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Really, so the guy who bought the product after seeing it spammed all over tech forums should just shut up about the problems he had with the product and accept it as it is? Is that what you mean? Or, he should keep it all private so no one finds out, sweep it under the rug, make phone calls to try to get resolution, but don't dare mention anything on a forum? Maybe that is what you mean?

I don't think thats what he is saying. Jay seems very open to discussing any issue he may have had. I know if I have a problem with a product, I doing go straight to forums and complain, I call the manufacturer.

What is Dells policy where you are at. Do they not have a customer support phone number for problems? IM pretty sure they have dedicated lines Just for problems. If I buy a computer from your company and have an issue, should I go to every computer forum bashing them if I have never given them the opportunity to rectify the issue? I believe that is all Jay was asking for. it doesn't seem like a lot.

All the wording like sweep under the rug and stuff is just overboard. Its not like there is a secret Cai society out there, masked behind some government cover up.

Last edited:

kdanner

Banned
I don't think thats what he is saying. Jay seems very open to discussing any issue he may have had. I know if I have a problem with a product, I doing go straight to forums and complain, I call the manufacturer.

What is Dells policy where you are at. Do they not have a customer support phone number for problems? IM pretty sure they have dedicated lines Just for problems. If I buy a computer from your company and have an issue, should I go to every computer forum bashing them if I have never given them the opportunity to rectify the issue? I believe that is all Jay was asking for. it doesn't seem like a lot.

All the wording like sweep under the rug and stuff is just overboard. Its not like there is a secret Cai society out there, masked behind some government cover up.

He actually said and I quote "if he had an issue he should have called". He has already explained that he fixed the problems with the tube himself, he didn't need to call. Then when he posts pictures and an explanation, he's "just bashing, he should have called instead". Sorry, other people may want to see what he found instead of keeping it hidden away in private. The definition of the word "forum" is "an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.". I don't see anything in that definition that says it has to always paint a rosy picture of product quality, sorry.

Yes there is a phone number, and guess what, forums too.

Users who are viewing this thread