really cheap cai

wbt

Banned
I just pointed out the hyprocracy of you saying his test were inconclusive and acting like yours weren't.

I NEVER said my testing was conclusive. Please point out where I did. The only valid data point I captured were 60' times. What you have done is assumed I meant something without saying it which is BS. :nono:

Have no worries, I will compile everything once we are done testing and post the results.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Great job Mike and thanks for all your efforts, same goes for you Shaun.

Sorry the track wasn't so good, but with all passes on the same night isn't it still apples to apples?:shrug:

:lol:
I think it's hilarious that you make 4 runs with the stock box and AED tune and run 12.5 and 12.6 with a best MPH of 112

Then swap the box for the JLT and AED tune, immediately go 12.1 and HOT LAP it to a 12.0
GAINING: .4-.6 total and 2 MPH and people think the testing is inconclusive. :lol::lol: Not by you Mike, you even state:

WBT's test was a fail due to a tune issue and his conclusive test was locked down in the first 60' :lol: claiming the JLT didn't work.:uh oh:

Let's change things up a little and I'll throw out a thought:
Let's say he ran the JLT 4 times, never doing better than a 12.5 AND THEN swapped to the stockbox picking up the same .4-.6 and 2 MPH.

What would you say? Inconclusive or burn your intakes at the track gates?;-)

Again, thank you for doing your unbiased, 3rd party test in LA while your tuner was in CA and the Manufacture was in VA. :beer:

Thanks
Jay

Are you for realz with this crap. All runs were within user error. He ran like crap all night. The 60fts don't even compare. I'm still waiting to see a valid test. That's all everyone wants is a true an equal test..too bad mike was not able to on wed. Everyone wants to see Cai make more power an actually be able to use it. one day we hope to see so it will make sense to go out a buy a Cai.

wbt

Banned
I know everyone wants to downplay the tests. What would everyone say if my 60 foot had been equivalent to my best 60 foot in this car, 1.67, and I picked up a couple of tenths and the JLT went 12.8 in that shit air? All I am going to say is that last night I almost duplicated my all time best, with a 60 foot that was a tenth slower, and in DA that was 1000 feet higher. My corrected time was better. I think the JLT played a part in these times.

Mike

No one is discounting your efforts. The results are inconclusive as you said. More data/testing needs to be done.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Oh, and I will be out again as soon as possible to try this test once again. This time I will go in reverse. JLT first, box second. That way we can see if it was just me improving behind the wheel as the night went on. For the record, I was exhausted and I felt much worse physically and mentally when I made the JLT runs. I was twice as sharp when I ran the box. I also absolutely hate night racing.

Mike

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Oh, and I will be out again as soon as possible to try this test once again. This time I will go in reverse. JLT first, box second. That way we can see if it was just me improving behind the wheel as the night went on. For the record, I was exhausted and I felt much worse physically and mentally when I made the JLT runs. I was twice as sharp when I ran the box. I also absolutely hate night racing.

Mike

Thank you. Also these cars are weird sometimes hot lapping gets a better time than a cool down. I have no idea why.

D.T.R

Established Member
screw this stock intake vs CAI

Slap a turbo and POUND the air through that throttle body :D

mikestoyz

Established Member
The evidence is there supporting gains with the cai. Regardless of what Shaun had to change in the tune, if he is able to make more power, it's beneficial.
Imagine a prepped track and cooler air....
I wish ford would offer a rebate if you took a shortened warranty period!!!

ttnitemare

F/I Connoisseur
Established Member
I am waiting on a twin turbo design that I like but this is what I put on my car and I am happy. It made 12hp amd 8 ft/lbs at MMP performance. I purchaed it from Summit Racing and PAID to have it dyno'd at MMP. Granatelli was never the wiser. I then had them do a complete dyno tune. My car is stone stock with the GMS axle back and GMS Cold Air intake. It made 404 RWHP.

The debate over plastic roto-molded tubes vs Alum and even steel has been dispelled 100's of times.. The air passes through the tube at WOT so fast that the outside temp of the tube has little to no effect.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
^^^^ nobody is debating whether these work on the dyno. They have been proven to work. This whole debate was whether that power got to the wheels and would show an improved ET and mph.

Mike

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The evidence is there supporting gains with the cai. Regardless of what Shaun had to change in the tune, if he is able to make more power, it's beneficial.
Imagine a prepped track and cooler air....
I wish ford would offer a rebate if you took a shortened warranty period!!!

never gonna happen. why would they do that.

^^^^ nobody is debating whether these work on the dyno. They have been proven to work. This whole debate was whether that power got to the wheels and would show an improved ET and mph.

Mike

exactly

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Bah, give in to the Dark Side. You know you want Shaun to tune it. It will be so much more fun.....

Mike

my handheld tuner is not due in until monday.... MFers.... i got a UPS hook up some im trying to work an angle! i really equate the feeling of my car right now to a stock tune/pulley 03. while tuned it really feels like a pullied/tune 03. Im ready to have all that back.

Users who are viewing this thread