really cheap cai

mikestoyz

Established Member
I really hope so. The car feels incredibly strong. I really think we are going to see a a nice decrease in ET and increase in MPH. Shaun's new secret sauce and the JLT appears to have about 20-30 extra going to the ground. :thumbsup:

Mike

Lol, I Saw you taking a pit stop at game stop today.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I really hope so. The car feels incredibly strong. I really think we are going to see a a nice decrease in ET and increase in MPH. Shaun's new secret sauce and the JLT appears to have about 20-30 extra going to the ground. :thumbsup:

Mike

Good info to report then. How was the data long on the newest tune? Was the noise still there in the JLT maf?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Good info to report then. How was the data long on the newest tune? Was the noise still there in the JLT maf?

The signal noise is still there, I don't think there is any way to prevent that. I think Shaun has the MAF curve down now where he wants it and the last log enabled that. He sent me final files last night after I went to bed and loaded up the street tune this morning. The car felt great, with good manners and no issues. I think we are there.

Mike

ViciousJay

Established Member

Mike

hmmmm ill be waiting more info, if this comes to be true looks like ill be jumping on an AED tune sooner then i thought

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Shaun's new secret sauce and the JLT appears to have about 20-30 extra going to the ground. :thumbsup:

Mike

Your saying that you think the new JLT CAI tune has 20-30hp on top of a typical 93 tune?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Your saying that you think the new JLT CAI tune has 20-30hp on top of a typical 93 tune?

No, what I am saying is that since my last trip to the track, Shaun has come up with a major tune revision...which I have. This, plus the JLT is responsible for the 20-30 hp gain. The car is quite strong and the JLT tune seems spot on now.

I am going to log it again either tonight, or early tomorrow to verify load, timing and flow.

Mike

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
looking forward to your results!

funny thing, the "really cheap" intake that started this thread is now priced at 329.99

wbt

Banned
No, what I am saying is that since my last trip to the track, Shaun has come up with a major tune revision...which I have. This, plus the JLT is responsible for the 20-30 hp gain. The car is quite strong and the JLT tune seems spot on now.

I am going to log it again either tonight, or early tomorrow to verify load, timing and flow.

Mike

Hopefully Shaun will provide the same file for the stock intake with only the MAF transfer function changed. Otherwise, this isn't just a CAI comparison any longer.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Hopefully Shaun will provide the same file for the stock intake with only the MAF transfer function changed. Otherwise, this isn't just a CAI comparison any longer.

Of course it is. There will be no different tune between the JLT and the stock box, aside from the transfer function. He revised the tune before I had the JLT, but after my last trip to the track. The plan is still the same. 2-3 passes with the box to put a baseline down. Install the JLT, flash the tune for the JLT, make 2-3 passes to see if there is an increase. We have said this at least 5 times, the tunes are identical except for the MAF transfer function.

Mike

wbt

Banned
Of course it is. There will be no different tune between the JLT and the stock box, aside from the transfer function. He revised the tune before I had the JLT, but after my last trip to the track. The plan is still the same. 2-3 passes with the box to put a baseline down. Install the JLT, flash the tune for the JLT, make 2-3 passes to see if there is an increase. We have said this at least 5 times, the tunes are identical except for the MAF transfer function.

Mike

Right on. Sorry to keep harping on it. With all the changes, just checking to ensure the game plan is the same. :)

My last exhaust piece arrived today so we should be able to start datalogging this week before track night on Saturday for back-to-back testing.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Mike

have you driven the car with the stock air box with the latest tune on the street? if so how did it feel compared to the last tune? thanks for all the great info you and shaun have been providing.

SicShelby09

Banned
Shaun sent me the V3 lope tune for my car, but the weather here in IL has been so shitty that I cant even get the car out of the driveway. Rain one day, then snow the next. Then balls cold. Not cool for making street pulls. I have parts waiting to be installed too.... Thanks Mike for all your work with Shaun. Im sure I will see some more updates too when you guys get all this CAI stuff worked out.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
have you driven the car with the stock air box with the latest tune on the street? if so how did it feel compared to the last tune? thanks for all the great info you and shaun have been providing.

Oh, yes, I have been driving around on that calibration for over a week with the airbox. It feels great with a prodigious amount of grunt. It feel stronger, there is a definite SOTP improvement with the new calibration. Sounds different as well.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Shaun sent me the V3 lope tune for my car, but the weather here in IL has been so shitty that I cant even get the car out of the driveway. Rain one day, then snow the next. Then balls cold. Not cool for making street pulls. I have parts waiting to be installed too.... Thanks Mike for all your work with Shaun. Im sure I will see some more updates too when you guys get all this CAI stuff worked out.

You are welcome. It is a good amount of work (more for Shaun!), but it is fun. I really enjoy being here on the ground level of development with these cars. It is very rewarding to be part of the process of discovery. Down the road we will be able to say that we helped work out those "tried and true" formulas for Coyote motors. :thumbsup:

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
You are welcome. It is a good amount of work (more for Shaun!), but it is fun. I really enjoy being here on the ground level of development with these cars. It is very rewarding to be part of the process of discovery. Down the road we will be able to say that we helped work out those "tried and true" formulas for Coyote motors. :thumbsup:

Mike

hell ya man!

Shaun@AED

More than the Maff transfer is different between the 2 tunes.
Airflow modeling needed changing as well.

alex12gt

Established Member
looking forward to your results!

funny thing, the "really cheap" intake that started this thread is now priced at 329.99

I love all the price changes on some of these new parts...just shows you how much money they are making

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Kris, did you change the gears on your car with the boss engine? I know you were using 4.30s before you made the engine swap. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread