really cheap cai

Shaun@AED

This pull looks very promising. Timing is back and the car pulled very hard. Also, some indications that we are making more power. Weather is cruddy, very overcast and windy. Temps have cooled. I am keeping my eye on the radar outside of Baton Rouge, because that is my destination tonight for racing. I am hoping it all holds together.

Mike

Yes timing is back, however it took more than just the 'SCT Value file' (changes Maff Transfer) to get it to work. It took changes that most tuners don't touch, which *could* be why *some* don't see gains from a CAI.

I doubt we'd see these issues on a dyno BTW. These Copperheads are tricky bitches.

Couple more logs/tweeks and you should be good to go for tonight. :rockon:

phack

Established Member
Yes timing is back, however it took more than just the 'SCT Value file' (changes Maff Transfer) to get it to work. It took changes that most tuners don't touch, which *could* be why *some* don't see gains from a CAI.

I doubt we'd see these issues on a dyno BTW. These Copperheads are tricky bitches.

I'll be ordering my tune from you this week and my car will come out of hibernation next weekend. I have JLT also and hopefully you can nail this down. If not I would be willing to assist you in some testing if you need another data point.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I am keeping my eye on the radar outside of Baton Rouge, because that is my destination tonight for racing. I am hoping it all holds together.

Mike

What do you shift at typically, 7,000, 7,200 ?

Thanks

Nevermind, wont matter you have 3.31s, your 4th gear shift will be after the 1/8th mark anyway.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
with the jlt showing a noisy signal im wondering if this was an issue i had on my 2011 i had a bama tune and when i would coast for an extended time or get on it hard and just let off the car would stall...after some changes in the tune it only did it when coasting so they sent me another jlt.....same thing so they sent me an airraid and i never had the problem again....

Shaun@AED

with the jlt showing a noisy signal im wondering if this was an issue i had on my 2011 i had a bama tune and when i would coast for an extended time or get on it hard and just let off the car would stall...after some changes in the tune it only did it when coasting so they sent me another jlt.....same thing so they sent me an airraid and i never had the problem again....

Just got a log in with an Airaid...
AiraidCAI.gif

Maff isn't noticably noiser than stock and lb/min calculated isn't out of range. In fact, doing the math the Load calc vs lb/min vs RPM is dead-nuts to what the log shows.

Of course that could simply mean the Airaid makes no more power than stock.... I don't know. Results are inconclusive as niether car is on the dyno and only the JLT car is going to the track for back - to - back tests.

wbt

Banned
Just got a log in with an Airaid...
AiraidCAI.gif

Maff isn't noticably noiser than stock and lb/min calculated isn't out of range. In fact, doing the math the Load calc vs lb/min vs RPM is dead-nuts to what the log shows.

Of course that could simply mean the Airaid makes no more power than stock.... I don't know. Results are inconclusive as niether car is on the dyno and only the JLT car is going to the track for back - to - back tests.

With the insert in or out?

wbt

Banned

Question then comes down to, can the same file, minus the MAF transfer function change, be used with the stock intake?

Shaun@AED

Question then comes down to, can the same file, minus the MAF transfer function change, be used with the stock intake?

Possibly.... I doubt the driver would notice a difference.

Insert was removed from the Airaid BTW.

tt54l32v

Established Member

That is a great question. With a pcm this sensitive, maybe its not as simple to test an intake by only changing the transfer function. Maybe both intakes have to fully optimized using everything available.
Then I would think the question would become how much is each tune is leaving on the table.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Well, we will get a chance to fine tune it some more, because I just came home and took the slicks off. Rained out today. Thankfully, I called from New Orleans when I was dropping off my daughter.

So, next Test N' Tune is Wednesday night. Plans are to attend. Hopefully by then we will have this thing dialed in dead nuts perfect.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I guess will be waiting till wed. Good luck

Well, we are still tweaking so maybe the benefit will be greater. The JLT and full drag tune go into Monday morning rush hour and kid delivery tomorrow as I am just not in the mood to put the box back on.

I ordered new lugs for the track to make sure I have good ones, overnight.

I have gone through 5 revisions of the tune so far. Team MDB/AED is busting our collective asses to get this CAI dialed in 100%. I am amazed I am not in jail at this point......:burnout:

Mike

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well, we are still tweaking so maybe the benefit will be greater. The JLT and full drag tune go into Monday morning rush hour and kid delivery tomorrow as I am just not in the mood to put the box back on.

I ordered new lugs for the track to make sure I have good ones, overnight.

I have gone through 5 revisions of the tune so far. Team MDB/AED is busting our collective asses to get this CAI dialed in 100%. I am amazed I am not in jail at this point......:burnout:

Mike

Hahahahahaha. Well keep at it. You guys may be making a break through that no one else has been able to do yet with these cars successfully.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Hahahahahaha. Well keep at it. You guys may be making a break through that no one else has been able to do yet with these cars successfully.

I really hope so. The car feels incredibly strong. I really think we are going to see a a nice decrease in ET and increase in MPH. Shaun's new secret sauce and the JLT appears to have about 20-30 extra going to the ground. :thumbsup:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread