Random Facts and Useless Knowledge

FJohnny

Established Member
You got it. Laboratories on Earth have produced temps far colder and hotter than are found in nature. From slightly less than absolute zero to in excess of 3-Billion. In contrast, space is about 3.2K, and the core of the sun is somewhere around 45-million F.

I was under the impression that it couldn't go less than absolute zero because all molecular motion had stopped at that point. I've been out of school too long, I guess.

Congrats to Smooth for hitting the highs and lows record in the bedroom. She's a lucky girl.

He should win a Chrysler Cordoba with rich Corinthian leather. Time for a crowd fund?

All the best.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Vaginas and sharks have something in common. They both contain the substance squalene. This exists in shark livers and is a natural vaginal lubricant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The texture and material of the insides of your cheeks in your mouth is the same material that makes up the vaginal walls.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I was under the impression that it couldn't go less than absolute zero because all molecular motion had stopped at that point. I've been out of school too long, I guess.

Congrats to Smooth for hitting the highs and lows record in the bedroom. She's a lucky girl.

He should win a Chrysler Cordoba with rich Corinthian leather. Time for a crowd fund?

All the best.
You are correct, 100%. It can't go lower; or better stated: it isn't supposed to go lower, as we understand it. Nevertheless, it has been done, and documented and the effect reproduced. Some trick of Quantum mechanics I don't understand.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet

Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.

"Testify" comes from the the Roman practice of affirming the truth of a statement made in court by swearing on one's testicles.
Consider that during your next court session.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
One planet in the solar system
features both the hottest temperatures and the coldest temperatures. And by hot, I mean FAR more so than the core of the sun; and by cold I mean mote so than the background temp of the universe, colder even than the largest blackholes.

What planet is it, and where on that planet will you find those temps?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'm certain women are from this place.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
The event horizon of a black hole is the point at which once you cross it, you can't get back out. The event horizons are small, compared to the mass of the hole. For example: squash Earth into a black hole. The event horizon would be the size of a small marble. The monster black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, which is named Sagittarius A* (pronounced Sagitarrius A-star), the hole around which the rest of the galaxy spins? It contains 4,000,000 times the mass of the sun. But the even horizon would fit, easily, within the limits of the orbit of Mercury because it is only somewhere around 14,000,000 miles in diameter.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
This we only found out about three years ago: When a thunderstorm generates a bolt of lightning, at the top of the cloud there is a spray of gamma rays, xrays and positrons. Still not completely understood as to why.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Put Scotch tape in a vacuum chamber and evacuate it. Apply the tape to a surface in the container. Pull the tape off and ... you get a bunch of hard x-rays in the 75-90KV range. This is in the range produced by medical xray machines. This would also happen in ordinary air, except the mechanism causing it is moderated by the presence of the air.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
This we only found out about three years ago: When a thunderstorm generates a bolt of lightning, at the top of the cloud there is a spray of gamma rays, xrays and positrons. Still not completely understood as to why.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread