Random Facts and Useless Knowledge

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The scrotum is the most elastic human skin.

A Republican’s scrotum can, on average, stretch to cover a regulation NFL football.

A Democrat’s scrotum, at it's limit, can stretch around an entire chikpea.
Not true. The bible says moses tied his ass to a tree and walked forty miles. His ass trumps your scrotum

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Company, the name "WD-40" originated in 1953when the product was first developed. The company, originally known as the"Rocket Chemical Company", was trying to design a protectant for metalparts on rockets to prevent rust and corrosion by displacing water... hence the"WD" for water displacement. The "40", on the other hand, indicates that the formula (still inuse today, by the by) was the 40th attempt to get it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The number designation is actually extremely common.

I used to work with a Zep representative and a lot of our products were a number only. 25-05? 25th chemical created in 2005.

Shit like that.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The number designation is actually extremely common.

I used to work with a Zep representative and a lot of our products were a number only. 25-05? 25th chemical created in 2005.

Shit like that.

Same goes for Glocks. The Glock 17 was the 17th patent by Gaston Glock and so on.

There's a good story with Glock and S&W too so hopefully I dont butcher it. S&W was getting killed by Glock since their rapid rise so S&W attempted to create a new corner of the market by creating the .40 S&W. They hadn't released their dedicated pistol for .40 yet but Glock had caught wind of this new round from his rivals. So while at the Shot Show that year, Gaston Glock went to the S&W booth and grabbed a handful of samples of .40 from their booth to take with him. He was not a well known figure yet so he figured no one would recognize him or know who he was, and he was right.

He took the .40 samples he had and went back to his workshop to build a Glock that was chambered in this new .40 S&W. He discovered he could just slightly modify the existing Glock 17 which he did, and he had the Glock 22 being produced and to market soon after chambered in .40 S&W before Smith & Wessen even had their own pistol to market chambered in the round they created spicifically for themselves.

Last edited:

rwleonard

Established Member
Random thought, a Beyonce inspired song lyric (Before you ask, I have a 14 year old daughter):

"If you liked it, you should have blown it, made it a sandwich, and left."

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for that. You couldn't have posted a couple of days ago?

Wife informed me on Thursday that she booked us to Kona for all of January. Yuck! Why does she keep forcing me to go to these shitholes? Why can't I just go to Phoenix or anywhere in Florida like every other canadian?

I better fix my attitude and pretend to enjoy it.
Try St Lucia, Grenada or Antigua. We have run into lots of Snow Mexicans down there in January. Amazing beaches too

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Found some good ones, and at CollegeHumor of all places.

The word "bear" in many languages in europe (including English) just means "brown thing". There used to be a proper name for bear, but it was taboo because saying it was believed to summon a bear, who would then kill everyone. It was so taboo it was eventually forgotten and the euphamism (brown thing) became the name.

Ancient people were scared pissless by bears.

There's 14 more explanations of origins of common words in the link and they are pretty interesting!

15 Fascinating Origins of Words You Use Every Day

Ohio Snake

Established Member
The oldest insect fossil — a set of jaws, actually — goes back 400 million years, suggesting insects were among the first animals to transition from sea to land. Insects, in other words, were around a good 170 million years before dinosaurs came onto the scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The oldest insect fossil — a set of jaws, actually — goes back 400 million years, suggesting insects were among the first animals to transition from sea to land. Insects, in other words, were around a good 170 million years before dinosaurs came onto the scene.

What you are essentially saying is Earth's true name is Klendathu?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Same goes for Glocks. The Glock 17 was the 17th patent by Gaston Glock and so on.

There's a good story with Glock and S&W too so hopefully I dont butcher it. S&W was getting killed by Glock since their rapid rise so S&W attempted to create a new corner of the market by creating the .40 S&W. They hadn't released their dedicated pistol for .40 yet but Glock had caught wind of this new round from his rivals. So while at the Shot Show that year, Gaston Glock went to the S&W booth and grabbed a handful of samples of .40 from their booth to take with him. He was not a well known figure yet so he figured no one would recognize him or know who he was, and he was right.

He took the .40 samples he had and went back to his workshop to build a Glock that was chambered in this new .40 S&W. He discovered he could just slightly modify the existing Glock 17 which he did, and he had the Glock 22 being produced and to market soon after chambered in .40 S&W before Smith & Wessen even had their own pistol to market chambered in the round they created spicifically for themselves.

The original designer of the Glock pistol fired all prototypes in his basement with his left hand so that he could continue drafting new designs with his right in case of a catastrophic failure.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That would be correct

1de.gif

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The original designer of the Glock pistol fired all prototypes in his basement with his left hand so that he could continue drafting new designs with his right in case of a catastrophic failure.

Did you read (or listen to) the book about Glock as well? It is really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread