Random Facts and Useless Knowledge

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Current Michigan head coach, Jim Harbaugh , played Screech's cousin on a 1996 episode of Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FJohnny

Established Member
mkay, buy it or dont, tis true though, Okanagan valley. I'm still wearing T-shirts with the windows down sucker. Plus Vancouver snows like 3 days/year (I'm 4 hours east)

Wow...yet another faux pas for me. And another apology needed. I was just joking, playing on the belief by many others that Canada is all about snow. Which, by chance, it is for my area (Edmonton) right now.

Having gone to UBC for grad school I lived through only 2 snows in about 3 years. And having hung out at Skaha beach for the formative years of my summer life I am so jealous of where you live. So yes, you are totally correct. Sorry for a really poorly thought out comment.

As 'Smooth' once pointed out, 'Canadians are not funny'. I think he didn't mean all Canadians, mainly just me. He was clearly right.

Anyway, congrats on living the dream. I envy you.

All the best.

blk02edge

Established Member
Sounds like Eastern Washington basically.
Ehhhh kind of but not really. Google images shows what its like
okanagan valley - Google Search
Wow...yet another faux pas for me. And another apology needed. I was just joking, playing on the belief by many others that Canada is all about snow. Which, by chance, it is for my area (Edmonton) right now.

Having gone to UBC for grad school I lived through only 2 snows in about 3 years. And having hung out at Skaha beach for the formative years of my summer life I am so jealous of where you live. So yes, you are totally correct. Sorry for a really poorly thought out comment.

As 'Smooth' once pointed out, 'Canadians are not funny'. I think he didn't mean all Canadians, mainly just me. He was clearly right.

Anyway, congrats on living the dream. I envy you.

All the best.
I figured there was sarcasm :p I heard you guys got some new roads up there so I guess its not all bad lol

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet

Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.

"Testify" comes from the the Roman practice of affirming the truth of a statement made in court by swearing on one's testicles.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
One planet in the solar system
features both the hottest temperatures and the coldest temperatures. And by hot, I mean FAR more so than the core of the sun; and by cold I mean mote so than the background temp of the universe, colder even than the largest blackholes.

What planet is it, and where on that planet will you find those temps?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
features both the hottest temperatures and the coldest temperatures. And by hot, I mean FAR more so than the core of the sun; and by cold I mean mote so than the background temp of the universe, colder even than the largest blackholes.

I know the planet, (N) but why does it have the hottest temperatures? I assumed the low temperatures were due to its extremely far distance from the Sun?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

Sounds like my ex wifes bedroom.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Kiohtee

Established Member

I remember this from science class. Mercury. Although I don't remember why.

Coiled03

Established Member
You’re off track, already. On the cold, too.

You're going to have to explain, then, because everything I've ever read - which is a lot - says Venus is the hottest and Uranus is the coldest. Although, I've read some craters on the moon are incredibly cold (-400F) because their rims block the sunlight from ever reaching them.

FJohnny

Established Member
I'll guess Earth. And the where is either in a lab/nuclear bombsite or a Marvel comic. I'm happy enough with my answer that I'd rather not know if I'm wrong.

Thanks and all the best.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll guess Earth. And the where is either in a lab/nuclear bombsite or a Marvel comic. I'm happy enough with my answer that I'd rather not know if I'm wrong.

Thanks and all the best.

You got it. Laboratories on Earth have produced temps far colder and hotter than are found in nature. From slightly less than absolute zero to in excess of 3-Billion. In contrast, space is about 3.2K, and the core of the sun is somewhere around 45-million F.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread