R.I.P My Sweet Cobra :(

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Pre-Story -

god all the work I did on this car, everything was done myself and to just have it taken from me, makes me cry literally. Everymod was done by me and just sucks to lose something you put your time and effort into

Story -

Today I was sideswipped as I was entering on I-10 Eastbound from the construction at 330 Spur, A 18 Wheeler Clipped me from the drivers side door, slamming me against the wall; the trailer continued to rail the car and the drivers side wheels were spinning about 8 inches from my head and it continued to plow my car into the wall causing it to flip upside down, crushing the A-piller; I happened to have my top down during this (the diesel was traveling at about 70mph); The Recaro seat Saved my life, it being so sturdy carried the car as it was upside down skidding along the concrete freeway. The car is totalled, the front end is trashed and the rearend as well as the drivers side and the a-piller and my interior. I luckily survived the Brutal Act, by pulling my body up on the steering wheel as I was sliding upside down. I was alone in the car. Thanks to Ikankerr who was there with me through the whole thing (I owe you my life, he helped push the car away from the wall, so I could slide out) and Flash,bo0sted and a few others.

Now the Damage -

I suffered some pretty bad road rash on my shoulder and fingers (you could see the bone on the finger after they cleaned it, and about a 1-inch deep of flesh from my shoulder is now gone on the freeway, the wound on my shoulder has about a 6 inch diameter), I suffered a minor concussion and a gash on my head, a face, body and head full of glass shards. In the hospital for 7hrs, now im home. Thanks for all the get well wishes, as you guys know I dont like down time, so im trying to already get back into my normal routine.

Conclusion -

Never will I buy a convertible or motorcycle, Once i post pics, you guys will understand why....when your life flashes before your eyes....makes you realize a few things and road rash treatment is the worse thing ever; they just scrub and dont worry about your pain; I almost passed out literally. After the cleaning I was given Morphine and Vicadin (not during?? they said external wounds like that, the pain killers have little effects); the pain has subsided for now.

Will post pics tomorrow

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
oh my god bro....im so so sorry to hear that i hope your injuries heel quick......the car can be replacable your life cant thank god your alive

Jroc

Established Member
Man I hate to heard it, but thank God your alive, and from what you described are in pretty good health, and should fully recover eventually.

What did the trucker do after it happened?

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Road rash is by far the worst pain ever. You can relate kinda how burn victum's feel. Your right, they don't care about the pain your in. I went over the handlebars of my motorcycle at 96mph.

Glad your still with us. :beer:

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
wow! thats just insane man. so sorry to hear it. glad your still with us though. having been through a roll over accident, i can totally understand the feeling. and you'll never see me in a convertible.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Glad you are OK! Sorry to hear about your car but they can be replaced.... you on the other hand cannot.
When I was reading this it reminded me of that girl who crashed her porsche and well.... it was a bad picture to see!
Heal up man and take it easy, do you think you will get another cobra again?

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
I can't even imagine! Don't want too either. Glad you are still alive, I have always wondered if a flip in a convertible was survivable, my wife drives an 05 vert. Glad to hear you are out of the Hospital from such a violent accident.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Damn 18 wheeler, sorry bout the cobra I would be sick too. But your still alive to buy another one.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I wouldnt even want to see the pics, sorry, but if that happened to my car I would be devastated.

glad you're okay, good luck

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Holy crap. Glad you are still around to tell that story.

Truth be told every time I read something like that it makes me want to sell my vert.

Users who are viewing this thread