Questions about the Electric F-150 'Lightning'

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'll be heading to TX later this week to drive the new Electric F-150 "Lightning" (not something I like calling it). There should be quite a few engineers on hand to answer questions. Is there particular technical details you guys would like to know?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can I go coast to coast as easily and quickly and cheaply as I can now (ICE vehicle). In 72 hours

72 hours? Psh.

1651522678384.png

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be heading to TX later this week to drive the new Electric F-150 "Lightning" (not something I like calling it). There should be quite a few engineers on hand to answer questions. Is there particular technical details you guys would like to know?
Where in Texas?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Can I modify the exhaust to roll lithium?

I'm a bit behind on the EV lightning news but is there any tech in the truck charging capacity to be improved as quicker chargers possibly come out in the future?
Or will the initial batch of EV F-150's be capped on charging rate?

I know next to nothing on EV.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to ask about the recharge rate as well - especially when Tesla has open patents. Why that rate and any potential to charge faster in the future? Range and recharge time kill it for me at the moment.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Can I modify the exhaust to roll lithium?

I'm a bit behind on the EV lightning news but is there any tech in the truck charging capacity to be improved as quicker chargers possibly come out in the future?
Or will the initial batch of EV F-150's be capped on charging rate?

I know next to nothing on EV.

Picture1kkk.png

"Installing a normal DC fast charger will probably cost you upwards of $50,000. A Tesla Supercharger however will probably cost around $250,000 after installation and labor costs are added. There are lots of different reasons for this and the price will vary depending on where you live. A few reasons for such high prices will be the material, the charging unit, installation of high voltage lines, and other miscellaneous labor expenses."

Most people will not be able to install the Ford 80 amp service without upgrading their service.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Do they have it future proofed any? Because they're the first one the market and you know that both Chevy and Dodge are going to try the one up them on horsepower and torque when they finally come to market.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Looking forward to the review. I’m also looking forward to @Tezz500 review as well.

I will make sure to document and video some things. I do wanna give a thorough review on this I think it’s important that people get an idea of what this truck can really do so I’ve already got an idea on like doing some towing, performance, every day commute, and definitely trying to understand this vehicle to home power system.

Tezz500

Established Member
View attachment 1747394

"Installing a normal DC fast charger will probably cost you upwards of $50,000. A Tesla Supercharger however will probably cost around $250,000 after installation and labor costs are added. There are lots of different reasons for this and the price will vary depending on where you live. A few reasons for such high prices will be the material, the charging unit, installation of high voltage lines, and other miscellaneous labor expenses."

Most people will not be able to install the Ford 80 amp service without upgrading their service.

I will provide an in-depth review on this situation.

Tezz500

Established Member
You’re in the power industry iirc?

Yes sir. That’s how I got into this program. My company is partnered with Ford. Sunrun, Fords charging station partner, will do an install probably end of May early June? Once we close this month, I’ll have a more updates.

It’s a new build so no upgrade is required for the electrical system to handle home to vehicle charging or the Vehicle to Home intelligent back up.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Have a good time in Texas Sid. I'm looking forward to an honest review.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I will make sure to document and video some things. I do wanna give a thorough review on this I think it’s important that people get an idea of what this truck can really do so I’ve already got an idea on like doing some towing, performance, every day commute, and definitely trying to understand this vehicle to home power system.

That home power system is not cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread