Questions about the Electric F-150 'Lightning'

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The frunk allows for more storage for smaller items(while being weather proof) while having the bed open for larger items.
Identical bodies allow for cheaper pricing as it share the same body as the ICE equivalent

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Some of us have been frunking around since the 1930's
-Dr. Porsche

While I get what you're saying, that would negate the entire purpose of this truck and increase it base price substantially. It's an F-150 and shares multiple parts with a regular F-150.

It's not for me and couldn't replace my personal '19 (I road trip a lot ) or my company '21 (300+ mile days sometimes) it has it's place.
But for someone like my dad who is semi-retired and has a house in SC. It would be perfect for him to replace his GLS. He could Home Depot around, pull his trailer to get mulch and stone, and it's still nice enough to go out on the town. And since he hasn't bought a generator yet like I've been telling him to do, when the next hurricane hits he could back feed his panel and have electric.
I agree that it is smart to base the Lightning on a regular F-150. Keeps costs down.

I actually like the Lighting, but in the trim level I would want it will be too expensive. Interesting to see what the next electric truck that Ford is teasing will be. Ranger or Maverick based? I really see it as being Ranger based as the body in frame design will make it easier to convert. Just like the F-150.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
For the price I would not mind trading my Ranger for a Pro model. If you got the right color, like carbonized gray, the non premium grille would blend in. The wheels look better than the XLT and the vinyl seats and rubber floor would be nice to keep clean. It has a ton of standard features. The lack of the giant vertical screen makes the interior look better and it still has tons of power with the standard battery pack. Range would work out for me as well. If you could get the $7500 rebate this could be had for under $35K with a few options like a bed liner, etc. added in.

That is if dealers do not mark up...

Add some nice accessories, etc. and you could make this YOUR truck very quickly and for cheap.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Who would have thought 10 years ago this forum would be in a deep discussion about a storage compartment where the damn engine goes. I have reached the end of the internet

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you work in the airport, I don't think the timing for a beer is going to work out this time. However, I shall return and I'll take you up on that offer then.
:ROFLMAO: I do not and deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like something a pre schooler would drawView attachment 1747711
Dood, that's hawt! LOL. Looks about right for Ford panel gaps.
Bring back the Econoline truck?
Maybe? The AMC Eagle was panned back in the day, but now people can't get enough of lifted station wagons and lifted hatches. With a bit less ugly and more practicality, it might prove to be very popular.

I'm not a fan of the BEV, and don't plan on buying one. I'd like to see more BEV concept cars (and ICE concept cars too). Let the designers run amok with a new drivetrain form factor and see what they can dream up for cars and trucks/SUVs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread