Questions about the Electric F-150 'Lightning'

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Seems reasonable.

Ford F-150 Lightning Home Integration System To Cost $3,895+installation.

Make sure to have an electrician do a electrical survey to ensure you can install, if you think you might. I have 200 amp service and they would only install a 40 amp stage 2 outlet, which I did do.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
How much range reduction does hooking up a 7k pound boat cause?
I saw where someone towed an 8k travel trailer and made it around 60 miles. According to driving technique, I could see that being true, especially if trying to maintain 65+mph. My gasser mpg is cut in half towing. Takes more than double the energy when towing. Physics is 100% undefeated.

Tezz500

Established Member
Make sure to have an electrician do a electrical survey to ensure you can install, if you think you might. I have 200 amp service and they would only install a 40 amp stage 2 outlet, which I did do.

I’m part of Fords Vehicle to Home Pilot Program. Sunrun is doing the install for free. And it’s a new build. We’re good to go.

Tezz500

Established Member
I saw where someone towed an 8k travel trailer and made it around 60 miles. According to driving technique, I could see that being true, especially if trying to maintain 65+mph. My gasser mpg is cut in half towing. Takes more than double the energy when towing. Physics is 100% undefeated.

The energy storage in Fuel will always Trump the energy storage of a Battery. I will make sure to do some real world estimates when I get mine. I’m super curious how it will handle the mountains. And I’m not far at all from some steep inclines.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Smart for them to take you to Texas and not WV. I dont think EV will ever work here with our mountains.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Smart for them to take you to Texas and not WV. I dont think EV will ever work here with our mountains.
Last time I was headed to Elkins I saw Tesla superchargers outside Weston. Didn't check in Elkins, Petersburg, etc. Of course nothing in Seneca. Didn't see any in Canaan or Thomas/Davis area. Of course I haven't been back since the Plandemic. Been busy getting married, buying a house, changing jobs, having a baby, etc... Lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Last time I was headed to Elkins I saw Tesla superchargers outside Weston. Didn't check in Elkins, Petersburg, etc. Of course nothing in Seneca. Didn't see any in Canaan or Thomas/Davis area. Of course I haven't been back since the Plandemic. Been busy getting married, buying a house, changing jobs, having a baby, etc... Lol.

Lack of DC fast charging infrastructure is a challenge for any EV in WV, and also here in SC.

sleek98

Established Member

Man that sucks. I dont think I could go under 150 miles as our lake house is 125 miles away from the house. Well I guess I could do 100 miles and stop for a charge in the last big town before we get into the back roads.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
2 issues on EV's from me.

1- Needs to add range as fast (or similar) to ICE everywhere one usually stops for energy.

2- Needs to have lifetime warranty on batteries, as in same lifetime ownership costs as a fuel tank until the vehicle is scrapped.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
2 issues on EV's from me.

1- Needs to add range as fast (or similar) to ICE everywhere one stops for energy.

2- Needs to have lifetime warranty on batteries, as in same lifetime costs as a fuel tank until the vehicle is scrapped.

I drove from the East coast to The Denver Metro Area 3 times. Twice from King George VA, once from Savannah GA.
Once in the Explorer ST.
Once in the I3turbo Focus.
Once in the 13’ GT500.

(Oddly enough I made the best time in the Explorer 21hrs and some change despite a minor set back of losing cruise and power steering and every other stupid ****ing accessory way back in the mountains of west VA due to a failed update on the computer system…. I was ****ing FURIOUS.)

Each trip was roughly 1700miles.

In each trip I was able to make it in about 22hrs non stop.

Each trip I stopped about every 300miles to piss and fuel up. Each stop probably took 5-10minutes.

This I don’t think will ever be possible with an EV.

With that said, I don’t know many people that will drive the distance I do. 1700miles in a full days drive is now, if you could clip off 600-700 miles in a day, sleep for the night and charge…. I think EVs would be a reasonable option for most.

This is something I plan to try out with the Lightning and record the data.

Tezz500

Established Member
Ding. I want a REAL L, not this electric bullshit.

I can’t wait to start modding it and taking it to the track.

One great thing about EVs…. Elevation doesn’t impact them dusting some Gen2 Ls and watching them get butt hurt will be a wonderful trolling adventure.

beau t

Established Member
I can stare at the Rockies from my bedroom window. I’ll definitely let you know how it turns out.
If Time permits while checking out the hills drag a trailer with you so we get a
loaded grade battery drain. BTW thats pretty cool that you and Sid get to participate in testing/getting to check it out and report back for the rest of us.

Tezz500

Established Member
If Time permits while checking out the hills drag a trailer with you so we get a
loaded grade battery drain. BTW thats pretty cool that you and Sid get to participate in testing/getting to check it out and report back for the rest of us.

Yup 10-4 I’m gonna work something out that gives me an opportunity to show real mountain towing data with a load.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Do a test like TFL does. Make a trip unloaded and another with a loaded trailer and see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread