Quad Cities Illinois/Iowa

trolls56

Established Member
I saw a 99+ sonic blue saleen yesterday. The black gt is a buddy of mine he also has a 95 red cobra he is trying to sell and his gt is getting a 428 with twin turbos. Also in the process of putting a cage in it with a powerglide too. It should be pretty slow when he is done with it. As for parking my car outside around campus there is no way thats would be happening either. I think macomb is having a car show/cruise about every 6 weeks in the summer/fall. The best cruise around here is in jacksonville at the end of september. I better either have a cobra or my gt back here and all done for that.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
trolls56 said:
I saw a 99+ sonic blue saleen yesterday. The black gt is a buddy of mine he also has a 95 red cobra he is trying to sell and his gt is getting a 428 with twin turbos. Also in the process of putting a cage in it with a powerglide too. It should be pretty slow when he is done with it. As for parking my car outside around campus there is no way thats would be happening either. I think macomb is having a car show/cruise about every 6 weeks in the summer/fall. The best cruise around here is in jacksonville at the end of september. I better either have a cobra or my gt back here and all done for that.

I've seen that Saleen also, although I'm not sure that its real. I noticed the car is missing some of the body pieces, like the correct side scoops for example. Maybe just a GT with a bodykit? I don't know... I have however seen a 99+ Mineral Grey S281 convertible. Had something like OUR S281 on the plates. I'd LOVE to see the GT when it's done. I caught glimpses of it here and there before he started the new build up and it was beyond sweet.

I never knew about the Jacksonville cruise. I'll have to look into that since I've got a cousin that lives there...

trolls56

Established Member
there is a sonic blue gt with some saleen stuff on it and another one from what i thought was real the quarter windows matched up which normally means its real since they dont sell those.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
NOPE! Just a few assholes that started a bunch of shit. :rockon:

I'm not arguing that, but most of them were the ones that contributed the most to the thread so that's why it seems dead...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Does anyone know when the Northpark shows start again? Or when the next ones are? Someone told me they were moved to Southpark this year?

Tang

SLITHR 2
Established Member
They did move them to SP this year apparently. I heard that they'll also hold be holding them at NP as well, but I haven't seen any dates on a website to verify that yet, though.

Looks like a few crusie-ins down in Macomb too.

Area Car Shows

First SP cruise-in is tonight, 6-9pm at IHOP, Dillard's, Long John Silvers. Next one is May 6, same place. I can't make that one, have a wedding I have to be in, but I may go to the one tonight for a bit.

QC Cruisers Events

As for it being dead around here, that's because pretty much everyone and then some from other boards went to another new local forum, which has had the URL kindly edited out of this thread everywhere it was posted. PM me if you'd like the URL.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
[QUOTE='03 Sonic Blue]
Dear Mod: I know this is not the market place, but this is of local interest because it's for local pickup only and it's free. Please leave this post in place until at least midnight tonight. I'll edit it to nothingness tomorrow or if it get's a taker. :beer:

Best regards, Mike[/QUOTE]

NP. :thumbsup:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
c.r. events Btw here is a schedule of events link for here.

Had a lil fun couple of weeks ago, met up with a sonic blue gt with some mods, a boosted talon, and a 70ish chevelle with a 383. 03 3, others zero. I finally got a few issues worked out on the car.

I hear the evo around here is working on 600 whp and a red ls1 camaro is going 700 whp. There will be a few others, a large sbc dart blocked etc. nova with the juice and auto. The other stang and cobra guys did some things, I definitely think the stangs will do ok. The one gt did 280 and 320 tq n/a and 367 and 480 tq after a few mods.

I'm going to plan a time soon to go to port byron and have a few pulls. Hopefully in 500's with the bolt on's.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i havent posted in this thread in forever but ya it is pretty dead in here. I havent got to really go up to the QC with the kenne bell on now. I went only one night and not even anybody was out that night. o well, ill come up there some more and hopefully see some people. O, i was up in davenport on kimberly on sat. night and met a Ford GT, it was dark grey with black stripes, then seen it again on brady it was pretty loud. But i was in my nissan titan, not in the car. I was pissed to cause i wanted to mess with him and see if he would race me!!! grrr....lol, o well.

robl110

Established Member
69gt4speed said:
c.r. events Btw here is a schedule of events link for here.

Had a lil fun couple of weeks ago, met up with a sonic blue gt with some mods, a boosted talon, and a 70ish chevelle with a 383. 03 3, others zero. I finally got a few issues worked out on the car.

I hear the evo around here is working on 600 whp and a red ls1 camaro is going 700 whp. There will be a few others, a large sbc dart blocked etc. nova with the juice and auto. The other stang and cobra guys did some things, I definitely think the stangs will do ok. The one gt did 280 and 320 tq n/a and 367 and 480 tq after a few mods.

I'm going to plan a time soon to go to port byron and have a few pulls. Hopefully in 500's with the bolt on's.

Do you know when any of the Iowa City meets are? I heard that the last one at Sycamore Mall was a huge turn out. I think its on the last Friday of every month.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
whats up guys anyone ever come on here anymore guess not just wondering when are the next car shows in the quad cities. o yeah and i just picked up a 03 cobra I am going alluminum block super terminator build up a little porting on the heads and some stage 3 blower cams then a 2.4l kenne bell blower I can't wait untill i get it done but it is going to take a little bit still but just let me know when there are some shows.
T.J.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
yeah i am in muscatine a bunch to meet up with one of my good friends I also have a 2004 white lightning that i am up there with and yeah I don't see any svt vehicles up there at all do you have a cobra jimmy beaner????

Users who are viewing this thread