Quad Cities Illinois/Iowa

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Is anyone here from the Quad Cities or surrounding area? I've seen at least 10 DIFFERENT 2003/04 Cobras running around town, so I know you're out there somewhere...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm from Kewanee, about 45 minutes from the cities. I drive a Crystal White 1996 Cobra. I'm over there every once in a while...You'll see me in mostly Davenport and Moline though.

Sean, Mystic1 on this site, is from Geneseo. He has an Kenne Bell 04 Mystichrome. I know his brother has a Black 10th Anniversary, too.

I know there is another guy that posts here too from, I think, Davenport. I know he is from the QCA at least. He has a Sonic Blue 03. His name slips my mind right now.

Not to mention some of the mods from the area, sohowcome and sohowcomehottie are from Moline, Blackgeetee is from Silvis, and the owner/admin of the site, SweetSVT99, is from Colona, I think. I know he lives in the QCA.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
I was just curious because a friend of mine usually cruises in the Quad Cities. Mainly in Davenport and Moline. It's a silver GT with Bassani on it, it's easy to pick out from his exhaust note. He's trading that off for a 2003 Cobra next spring with mods good for 470ish at the wheels. I'm sure I'll be with him at some point when he's cruising. We usually carry a video camera with us when we go cruising just to catch all the retards showing off. I didn't know there was a Kenne Belle equipped car in the area.. now I know. Anyway, maybe we'll see you around sometime. Later-

rocket5979

Established Member
I was raised in the Freeport area and have been in the military for the last 6 years. I have lost touch of what kind of racing and car enthusiast opportunities are around that area. Any hot spots? You guys ever have any cruises at any of the local Sonics or anything like that where you all meet and hang out and stuff? I was down on the Mississippi Gulf coast for a while and there were alot of people who loved to race down there and gather by the beach to talk shop and stuff. I juat wanted to know if there is anything that happens like that around the northwestern Illinois parts????

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Are there ever any Terminator rallies in our area? I've heard there is a guy in Geneseo running a Kenne Bell. :eek: Also, there's someone in the area running 500rwhp on the Eaton.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Dunno, I've never seen any, but it'd be cool to get something together with all of the area guys. Although, this year is pretty well shot.

My friend just sold his bolt on + spray black 96 to someone in Annawan. He's looking to get into a Terminator sometime pretty soon. There is a guy from Kewanee that owns a DSG 03 but he never drives it. I guess he is a traveling sales representative and is never home. Also, have a friend in Kewanee that owns a Pacific Green 97, he works in Princeton now I think. There is also a guy in Kewanee that owns a 603 rwhp 93 Cobra.

Last edited:

Stage3motorspor

Muscatine Here

Hey guys,

I live in Muscatine. I own Stage 3 Motorsports. We sell Roush mostly Roush Parts. Our shop just got a 2000 GT that we are making into a Roush clone. Let me know if anyone is close. If you quad cities guys get a chance come down and see the showroom sometime!:beer:

rocket5979

Established Member
Stage3motorspor said:
Hey guys,

I live in Muscatine. I own Stage 3 Motorsports.

Hey Bill where is Muscatine at in the state of Iowa? I will be moving back to Freeport, Il soon and will be doing a 600 rwhp built truck project in the next year. I was wondering what kind of hookups you got for modular engine components, machining, and porting. Does anyone know of any shops close to my area that are good? I know for dyno/tune and smoe other stuff Apten is just down in St. Louis. That is still kind of far away. Another question. What emissions laws and testing do they have in Illinois now? In Mississippi where I was living the last 5 years there were no inspections. I am not so sure about Illinois. Thanks for any help fella's.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
My family has friends in Freeport... cool :)

About the emissions though, unless your in Chicago or a very large urban area I'm just about 100% sure there are none. No one in my family has ever had a car checked as far as I can remember in my nearly 20 years.

rocket5979

Established Member
Tabres said:
My family has friends in Freeport... cool :)

About the emissions though, unless your in Chicago or a very large urban area I'm just about 100% sure there are none. No one in my family has ever had a car checked as far as I can remember in my nearly 20 years.

Thank god!!! This truck might be close to emissions legal in terms of the sniffer test, maybe. But the supercharger, cutouts, and all that other stuff will be kind of hard to pass off as stock for the visual inspection. At least the supercharger will be black so it will match the color of the truck. Be nice if the engine cover would still somehow fit on over the charger. Try to somehow pass it off as a sleeper.

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Checking in from Bettendorf.

There's also a silver '03 Cobra here that goes by the name "mosconiac" on this forum.

If your're interested in anything other that straight line acceleration, please see www.sccagrr.com We do about 10 AX events per year in the QC area. We have not determined our 2005 schedule, but it should be complete in Feb05 so check back. If any of you would like to be on our email list, let me know.

rocket5979 said:
where is Muscatine at in the state of Iowa?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...muscatine&state=ia&zipcode=&search=++Search++

Regards, Mike :burnout:

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I think I met you about a year ago at Cordova...

Your car, no?

248218_161_full.jpg

YGETV8

Established Member
Just found this thread and thought I'd say "Hi!" from Davenport. I know of a few '03-'04 Cobras around and would love to go to a Mustang, or Cobra, or SVT get-together! I'm the only one around here with Chrome Bullits that I have seen, so if you see me out and about (when weather permits again!) give me a honk! You may occasionally see me in my '87 WE4 Buick (just like a Grand National), but I'm a Ford lover, too!

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
Just found this thread and thought I'd say "Hi!" from Davenport. I know of a few '03-'04 Cobras around and would love to go to a Mustang, or Cobra, or SVT get-together! I'm the only one around here with Chrome Bullits that I have seen, so if you see me out and about (when weather permits again!) give me a honk! You may occasionally see me in my '87 WE4 Buick (just like a Grand National), but I'm a Ford lover, too!

I think I might've seen you ONCE on "The Avenue Of The Cities." Then again, maybe I didn't? :shrug:

Have you tried taking your Cobra to the Illinois Dyno Center? It's in Port Byron Illinois on the way to Cordova.

Last edited:

02SonicBlueGT

Established Member
I'm in the des moines area, I make it to the quad cities once a year for cordova. That's always a good time. FFW is june this year so that'll be different.

Users who are viewing this thread