• Procharger (F1-A, F2-M, etc...)

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobrastruk04

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna have to definately look into it. Those numbers were very impressive and for the power goals I'm looking for I don't know if there's a substitute.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
go with Hellion, thats what i did.Im ordering my Kit from them as soon as John finishes the Dyno runs. I might order my T66 ahead of the kit so Turbonetics can start building it. :thumbsup: Sweet ride Nate! i cant believe you put down 808 at the wheels :eek: :eek: :beer:
Devon

There was a mention about Hellion using stock manifolds in a single turbo thread in the "new edge cobra" section. See link. (See page 1 post #14 - whatever) Anyone have any insight on stock manifolds for me (the uninformed)?

LtDan

Lt Dan
Established Member
Hellion (John & Steve Urist) as well as a few I've spoken to that have the kit say that the stock manifold is adequate for the 62mm base kit. Obviously, headers would unlock some hp, and you want reduce backpressure wherever possible. Go with ceramic shorty headers, as underhood temps will rise with the installation of any turbo. A good heat extracting hood was also some advice passed on to me.

I passed up Hellion after much research to go with Turbo Performance Systems (www.boostedsystems.com) kit and a hybrid turbo (www.extremeturbo.com) as their kit will work with my MM K-member and comes with headers & a chip for less $$$ than Hellion.

longrodLX

Established Member
yeah i would go with joe's kit(boostedsystems.com) his kit looks great and is an awesome deal. the hellion kit price needs to come down considering there is less fabrication involved and you get less with the kit.

Turbos>anything

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
You know I've learned more on this thread than any other about car modification, lol. Great thread.

Does anyone sell a turbo worth seriously considering for the 05 Stang yet however?? I can't find much :(

2000_LS1

Banned
stangfreak said:
of course there reliable. the only thing is, turbos require alot of plumbing and work. technically, the more parts you have, the chances of something going wrong increases. but turbos are very reliable.

look at all the mack trucks, volvo trucks ud, kentworth that haul freight state to state. there all turbo.

Train engine are too...though you'd want to know. lol

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
stangfreak said:
of course there reliable. the only thing is, turbos require alot of plumbing and work. technically, the more parts you have, the chances of something going wrong increases. but turbos are very reliable.

look at all the mack trucks, volvo trucks ud, kentworth that haul freight state to state. there all turbo.

Speaking of which, I work for Mack and Volvo, their turbo's are expected to last 1,000,000 miles at a minimum. Yes that is a lot of zeros. Their turbos look no more complicated than your average turbo. (With the exception of our VGT turbo, but that's another discussion.) Proper maintenance goes a long way...

stangfreak

Established Member
boosted98gt said:
Speaking of which, I work for Mack and Volvo, their turbo's are expected to last 1,000,000 miles at a minimum. Yes that is a lot of zeros. Their turbos look no more complicated than your average turbo. (With the exception of our VGT turbo, but that's another discussion.) Proper maintenance goes a long way...

cool i work for my cousins mack dealership as well. our main sales is mach, but we have like 8 other different vendors. very very high volume dealership, open 24hrs and one of the biggest in the country.

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
stangfreak said:
cool i work for my cousins mack dealership as well. our main sales is mach, but we have like 8 other different vendors. very very high volume dealership, open 24hrs and one of the biggest in the country.

Good to hear! What do you think of Volvo buying MACK? Volvo is now the world's largest heavy duty diesel engine manufacturer w/ 20% of the market share. Shoot me a PM if you'd like, it's always good to hear from someone involved in moving the product! :rockon:

Last edited:

Fast04SVT

go turbo if u want to win top end races and both lag pretty good. Plus major belt slippage with the procharger. and if u hate turbo lag put a lil 50 shot and it will take care of that lag. the KB and whipples are better than procharges b/c they boost superfast. so, its all up to you man

dfw99cobra

Established Member
2003CobraKB said:
go turbo if u want to win top end races and both lag pretty good. Plus major belt slippage with the procharger. and if u hate turbo lag put a lil 50 shot and it will take care of that lag. the KB and whipples are better than procharges b/c they boost superfast. so, its all up to you man

Is lag as bad on a twin turbo setup? I'm thinking about going twin turbo on the mach, but I've always heard single is better. I'd be paying about the same amount for twin 57's as I would for a single t76. I was just curious.

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
Is lag as bad on a twin turbo setup? I'm thinking about going twin turbo on the mach, but I've always heard single is better. I'd be paying about the same amount for twin 57's as I would for a single t76. I was just curious.

Twins spool a few hundred RPM sooner, but there is a slight weight penalty.

longrodLX

Established Member
lag with a twin setup will be virtually un noticable. now with a single kit they will spool up about a thousand rpm later unless you have a ball bearing setup which will spool up a few hundred rpms quicker than a non ball bearing turbo

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I'm still looking into it. The only company I know of that makes them is Livernois Motorsports. I hadn't heard of any other options other than porting the stock heads but I didn't know if that would be good enough for the HP level I'm going for. If you have any recommendations let me know.

I've seen radical numbers with:

http://www.patriot-performance.com/waterNew/default.asp?x=1&DID=1225

and

http://www.vtengines.com/

Patriot heads make great numbers with most custom grind cams.

VT engines has a wonderful head and combo set.

I've seen both of these combos make as much as 107rwhp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread