Votes: 354 74.5%
  • Procharger (F1-A, F2-M, etc...)

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I know there are a lot of power adder vs. power adder threads but I need knowledge on this one. I'm going to have my car paid off in the next 6 months and I'll be pulling my motor in favor of a built 4V. I have a couple of questions. First of all what kind of power do you think I can make all motor with a built 4V ie. heads, cams, rods, pistons, built and balanced. Second, I'm debating an F-series procharger or a turbo. I wanted to know how much I could expect to pay for the Procharger setup vs. the turbo. And which would be a better choice. Thanks guys

EDIT: By high horsepower I mean mid 700's to low 800's to the wheels.

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
F1-r...probably $4000...built bottom end...just depends (maybe $3000)...on a 4v motor and the F1-a kit, you should put down mid 6's with minor supporting mods...

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
While the F1R would be easier to work with as far as price, installation and tuning...the turbo is the better option in my opinoin if your really looking for low 800's. A procharger would be difficult to get there without spinning the blower to the moon unless you have HEALTHY cams, ported heads, and a ported stock manifold or a sheet metal. A Nice sized single will out preform that procharger all day, and you can set the amount of power when you want, and you could probably make alot more on pump with a turbo as well. Id say a nice sinble from Pro Turbp Kits or HP performance will run you around 6 grand.

BTW what kind of heads are you using on the 4v?

Last edited:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
...BTW what kind of heads are you using on the 4v?

I'm still looking into it. The only company I know of that makes them is Livernois Motorsports. I hadn't heard of any other options other than porting the stock heads but I didn't know if that would be good enough for the HP level I'm going for. If you have any recommendations let me know.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I'm still looking into it. The only company I know of that makes them is Livernois Motorsports. I hadn't heard of any other options other than porting the stock heads but I didn't know if that would be good enough for the HP level I'm going for. If you have any recommendations let me know.

just get some stock 03 heads or FRPP heads...theyre pretty badass in the airflow dept.

Jonny99Svt

Rice Eatin Snake *****
Established Member
high hp? definitely turbo....if all you want is hp thats what ya need each f/i system has it's strengths and weaknesses...i'm probably going with a super.....would i like the turbo.....yes, but are they practical for what i want.....not so much

Jonny99Svt

Rice Eatin Snake *****
Established Member
OH....and for c/h work check out powerheads....they're pricey but they get results...can we say sick powerband anybody?

blk96SVT

Established Member
And what are you going to use your car for? Drag strip only, street car? If you want 800 rwhp on a street car that is crazy. You will also need lots of suspension work plus you would probably have to drive around on at least ET streets which are the greatest on the street. If it was me I would go with the turbo

SVTHorsnake

Banned
blk04cobra1 said:
F1-r...probably $4000...built bottom end...just depends (maybe $3000)...on a 4v motor and the F1-a kit, you should put down mid 6's with minor supporting mods...

I'd say closer to mid 7's...

I'm seeing 6's with a p-1sc with a three core and a built short block.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
11secCobra said:
just get some stock 03 heads or FRPP heads...theyre pretty badass in the airflow dept.

Well yes the stock 03 heads do flow pretty bad ass as well. However if I was you, Id try to get a set of 00 R heads or GT heads, those bad boys flow like 330+ stock and 375+ with SOME porting on the intake side. They should be selling them in the FRRP catalogs.

collibr1

Established Member
Are you chaging your fuel system to return style? Most tuners should keep you in the low 600's on pump gas with the returnless system.

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Well yes the stock 03 heads do flow pretty bad ass as well. However if I was you, Id try to get a set of 00 R heads or GT heads, those bad boys flow like 330+ stock and 375+ with SOME porting on the intake side. They should be selling them in the FRRP catalogs.
That's right the GT heads are the shit. I have two pairs. I am running one pair on my car and I am going to sell the other.

blk96SVT

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
People: don't just vote turbo because it sounds cool and everybody says so. Give some reasoning.

Ok, cause turbos are all around better. Not belt driven. Boost comes on quicker than with a supercharger (except a roots/twin screw). More torque.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
blk96SVT said:
Ok, cause turbos are all around better. Not belt driven. Boost comes on quicker than with a supercharger (except a roots/twin screw). More torque.

if one is good, two is better :beer: :burnout:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
blk96SVT said:

boost comes slower, belt driven is not always bad. Dyno charts prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread