Votes: 354 74.5%
  • Procharger (F1-A, F2-M, etc...)

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermech21

Established Member
I stopped reading at page 3 so sorry if this was already covered.....my past 3 cars have been turbo'ed and I do all my tuning so I would like to think i have a fair understanding of FI.....

All the guys that are stating, "you can have 5psi for your street tune and at the turn of a knob its 20psi."

WRONG, where would the fuel magicly come from? Where would your timing chages be made? The only guys doing this are stand alones, and thats a 2000$ system (AEM and I thnk FAST ight have one)...
Yes turbos are fun, yes in threory it makes much more sense to use wasted energy to create more energy (turbo) rather than taking some energy to create a little bit more on the return (SC)....
But what it comes down to is money, if you have the money to play then go turbo...if your a bit lazier (and theirs nothing wrong with that, Im about to go SC myself) then stay with one boost level and a SC...

Just remember, bigger/more is not always better....buying the biggest and baddest fuel system out their doesnt make a lot of sense since the more fuel you have to pull away from the computer the more knock your engine will see from making the corrections (at least on a MAP, i know fords have MAF but i would assume the logic is the same)

either way good luck

slo-GT

Established Member
turbo seems to me to make more power.....but a guy at a hotrod shop in dallas that i go to has a fully built track mustang with a F series procharger that is in the mid 6's i believe. So it could go either way......if your wanting to run up and down a track......i'd go procharger.

countrysvt

Established Member
im selling my procharger kit if interested! complete minus fuel pump w/ larger intercooler kit is for 96-04 stageII!!!

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
countrysvt said:
im selling my procharger kit if interested! complete minus fuel pump w/ larger intercooler kit is for 96-04 stageII!!!

which head unit? do you have any underhood pictures? did you do the 6 rib, 8 rib, 12 rib, cog?? please shoot me a PM with details on the kit and whats included!!

F8LBYTE 1

Established Member
Im having a f-2m with cog being installed on my car, the guy before me pushed 753hp and 1100ft lbs on pump gas so i guess it depends on preference

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
supermech21 said:
All the guys that are stating, "you can have 5psi for your street tune and at the turn of a knob its 20psi."

WRONG, where would the fuel magicly come from? Where would your timing chages be made? The only guys doing this are stand alones, and thats a 2000$ system (AEM and I thnk FAST ight have one)...
either way good luck

actually, they were right, but at the time of this thread, they were wrong. SCT has a chip out now called the "eliminator" and you can store up to 4 tunes on it I think. You literally turn a knob on the fly and it changes the tune, then adjust your boost controller accordingly.

BowTiesSuck

Bagel Taste Tester
Established Member
if so many people are going turbo, and there are so many good things about turbos, then why do some people continue to use superchargers? what is the ideal best street/strip setup? twin turbos? a f1 procharger?... sorry, you've probably already talked about this, i just am not going to read 9 pages of thread! : )

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
BowTiesSuck said:
if so many people are going turbo, and there are so many good things about turbos, then why do some people continue to use superchargers? what is the ideal best street/strip setup? twin turbos? a f1 procharger?... sorry, you've probably already talked about this, i just am not going to read 9 pages of thread! : )

best street/strip = supercharger
I went TT because of the bada**/sleeper factor ...pretty nice for street racing too, but I don't do that :rollseyes

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
BowTiesSuck said:

Because typically it's cheaper and easier, most supercharger kits are bolt on and go. I can't believe some people actually voted supercharger in this thread, turbo's are vastly superior to any kind of supercharger.

Whizzle

Established Member
There is no surpreme option for street/strip. It all comes down to money, and money makes you go fast. Sure there are guys that run wayyyy fast with s'c set-ups, but they have a lot of money in their set up. On the other hand, people are hauling with turbo set-ups, but again they have a lot more money in it. There is nothing that a s/c can do that a turbo cant do, but for shear power more and more people are going turbo

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
i have spoken to the guys at hpp performance out in lewisville tx about this very same question, and they recommended to me, going with the turbo, doing once and doing it right. the turbo might be more expensive, like in the 12k to 15k range, but i was told that it will out perform the f1 every time. another member already posted this but u can set power level and have better top end performance. the only set back is the fuel demand. get a return system and never think about it again.

just my $.02

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
supermech21 said:
I stopped reading at page 3 so sorry if this was already covered.....my past 3 cars have been turbo'ed and I do all my tuning so I would like to think i have a fair understanding of FI.....

Yes turbos are fun, yes in threory it makes much more sense to use wasted energy to create more energy (turbo) rather than taking some energy to create a little bit more on the return (SC)....
But what it comes down to is money, if you have the money to play then go turbo...if your a bit lazier (and theirs nothing wrong with that, Im about to go SC myself) then stay with one boost level and a SC...

Just remember, bigger/more is not always better....buying the biggest and baddest fuel system out their doesnt make a lot of sense since the more fuel you have to pull away from the computer the more knock your engine will see from making the corrections (at least on a MAP, i know fords have MAF but i would assume the logic is the same)

either way good luck
Not true. It's called a flip chip. You can get a chip with 3 different tunes burned into it and there is a little switch on it. As long as you have the fuels system to handle the 20 psi then you can handle the 5.( With the turn of a knob AND the flip of a chip and race gas).

Last edited:

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
Turbo= not directly linked to the motor( hesitation on waiting for exaust gas pressures to spool it up). No parassitic loss, but not as ambient efficient. Centrif= directly linked to motor by crank( instant response) Parassitic loss, but very ambient effiecient. Both compound boost with rpm. Both come on like monsters up top(more so with turbo). Both have pros and cons. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Turbo: It's ridiculously more efficient than any blower setup, up the boost with a simple push of a button. Easier to tune....no parasitic loss as with any blower and no god damn breaking belts to deal with!! look at any blower at lets say 15lbs of boost and it will easily be outperformed by a turbo(s) horsepower and driveability wise. Just my $.02

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
Turbo= hesitation on waiting for exaust gas pressures to spool it up).
Centrif= directly linked to motor by crank( instant response) Just my 2 cents.
So, when do you have full boost with a Centri?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread