Votes: 354 74.5%
  • Procharger (F1-A, F2-M, etc...)

Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

longrodLX

Established Member
yeah sorry but i dont know where that came from and you sound like a moron with the whole body parts or wheels that dont come on your mustang

Cobrastruk04

mysticsvt said:
I respect everyones opinion on the forums yet also realize there are stupid people all over the place. I also maybe stupid or ignorant(there is a difference) to some people and I'm fine with that. There are multiple definitions for the word "RICE". It's an opinion based theory. However...mine goes alittle like this...
1. Eurolights on a mustang...RICE
2. If you have a STAULKER kit.....ur RICE
3. If you have lights under your car...RICE
4. If you put Cobra badges on your V6 OR GT...RICE
5. If your rear wind sticks up 2 floors....RIIIICEEE
6. If you put ANY body parts on your car that did not come on a mustang and ANY year including rims.....RICE
What I also think is RICE is instead of building a track car some people build a sleeper street car out of a family car. Which of course...looks GHEY. But hey its fast rite?!? With the money installed you could have bought a nice muscle car and gotten alittle respect. I'm sick of all the civics, del soles etc etc etc trying to be something that they are not...SPORTS CARS. They isnt anything sporty looking about a Neon, or Tauras, or EVO. What isnt rice is the real imports and Euros like BMWs, Supras, Evos, etc. Power, handling and weight reduction..not FART CANS with no power to back them up! OK..I'm getting off topic and apologise..rant is over-Shane :shrug:

Thanx for the Info. Ill make sure not to talk to you if you ever post on here again. Oh your last post was "GHEY". This forum had nothing to do with rice. :bash:

02gsxr600

I say they are both good. However, I'd go with a supercharger for the street. A SC will give you a ton of TQ right off the line, where a turbo has to spool up at high RPM's in order to be efficient. Do you really wanna be redlining your car everywhere you go?

A turbo will make more power, but IMO is more for track use. Plus I love the feel of a SC because of its instant power right of the line. Stick with a SC, you'll probably like the feel of it more.

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
02gsxr600 said:
I say they are both good. However, I'd go with a supercharger for the street. A SC will give you a ton of TQ right off the line, where a turbo has to spool up at high RPM's in order to be efficient. Do you really wanna be redlining your car everywhere you go?

A turbo will make more power, but IMO is more for track use. Plus I love the feel of a SC because of its instant power right of the line. Stick with a SC, you'll probably like the feel of it more.

You actually have your definitions reversed in your post. A centrifugal is the power adder that actually requires a $hitload of RPM's to make power. Not the turbo...

A Positive Displacement blower aka Kenne Bell or Whipple will give you a ton of TQ right off the line. However this thread is about Procharger whom makes centrifugals. Centrifugal SC's will NOT give you a ton of TQ off the line. That's one of the reason's I don't like my centrifugal and would prefer a PD SC or a turbo.

A properly sized turbo doesn't need to spool up to high rpm's to be efficient. An average sized (50's) twin kit will have spooled up long before 4k and will make full boost from that point on. A Centrifugal will keep making boost the faster you turn it. A Centrifugal's boost output is linear with RPM. If you only want to run say 13psi @ 6100 rpm you will only be making about 5psi @ 4k. But the turbos could be making 13psi @ 3500. See the difference? That's why alot of these turbocharged 4V's are tQ monsters.

Here's a link with some great info on different turbo kits and their corresponding HP/TQ rpm's:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33758

(Lots of reading there! :read: )

-Joshua

BlownSvtGT

Love 2B Blown
Established Member
I Have a 2001 GT with a built 4V, Crower Cams and a F-1A. I put a smaller pulley on it and an eight rib belt set up. With my AFR being 10:1(too rich)and 24lbs of boost it put down 610rwhp. I imagine with some more tuning being closer to 700. I figure that is not too bad considering my tune and living in Utah(4800 Elev.) I haven't had any bad luck with the F-1 kit. It's really loud but I like my car sounding like a jet I'm sure there is no one that would disagree. If you have a budget go with an F-1A(more streetable) If you don't have a Budget throw some money down on a twin turbo set up.Good Luck on your mods.

longrodLX

Established Member
i just put down 510rwhp and 620rwtq at 4200rpm on my GT with the HP twin 50mm turbo kit. this was on 15psi too

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
longrod, any dyno graphs? What kind of combo? I'm trying to compile info for my next setup. Thanks.

longrodLX

Established Member
yeah i dont know how to post them though but i will figure it out. i just have a stock 99 GT block w/stock intake with a dragon plenum and stock heads. this is with the 50mm HP twin kit

longrodLX

Established Member
remember that this is on a dyno with no load so it should see power a little sooner and should make more power on the street because the tune is really fat for the dyno to compensate for load i will see on the street :pepper:
normal_IMG_0737.JPG

boosted98gt

Tina-come get your food!
Established Member
Longrod, any reason you only made a pull to 5400? Fuel issues?

longrodLX

Established Member
once you get the dynos spinning that fast you lose load. it keeps pulling on the street and maf and fuel are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread