problem with search forum function

project-pegasus

Established Member
Well so sorry. We are Mods, and don't have the ability to re-write how shit works here. I believe the owner mentioned that they're working on it and trying to make it better. I think 6G is looking for new members. Oh wait, this post would have got you banned there, lol. I can help you with that if you want. As far as your comment regarding the Market section, seems to be no issues with scamming lately has there?

In this thread alone there are at least a dozen posts that are as critical of the problem if not more. So why did you single me out for a not-so-subtle threat of banning my account? Because I linked the moderators to the search problem? Forgive my ignorance concerning what the forum moderators have access to and are capable of fixing. I was simply trying to point out all the man-hours that are being expended policing the market sections while a major problem with the site has gone unfixed. Yes, the decrease in scamming is definitely a good thing, due no doubt to the efforts of the moderators. But let's not be so quick to throw around the "B"-word. If other forums like 6G are operated like personal fiefdoms, where any criticism of the forum or its moderators will get the offending member banned, than that's too bad for them, because those type of forums usually don't last very long. But it's also bad for all of us because it tends to stifle legitimate criticism and honest, if sometimes heated, dialogue when moderators from other forums can make poorly veiled threats by simply referring to the 6Gs of the world and saying, "Be careful..." At the risk of making a mountain out of a mole hill (maybe I already have) I'd like to point out that forums like this one are where alot of "public" debate happens. The members aren't just talking about cars here, they're talking about thousands of other issues that intersect their love of car culture, and if one forum owner or moderator can ban someone for one perceived slight then what does that say about the future of public debate. With that said, I promise that in the future i will try to be more responsible with my comments and criticisms. I hope you will do the same.

NetWise

Established Member
I finally got around to seeing if there was a forum/thread about this. I've _never_ had the search work on this site. I know the extra data point likely doesn't help, but I'd love to see it working.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I realize this is perhaps a touchy issue, but is there any sort of update on what is going on? like... what is wrong in the first place and what is being done to fix it..?

Kytann

Established Member
Been using the google search, but it ends up returning alot of hits outside of the subforum I am trying to search.

Do the mods need donations to afford a fix for this problem?

BLKSUNSHINE13

Established Member
Apparently search function still isn't working, but I want to make it clear I'm not making a criticism that could potentially cause me to be banned from this forum. Oh wait, with no working search engine, I'm not sure I really care.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Its only coming up with stuff that is over 10 years old though.

Read the RED BANNER up top that says...

Search Functionality has been restored!
Search may be limited while we rebuild the search index over the next few hours

Users who are viewing this thread