"Powered by Ford" Alum. Coil Covers

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
No, you dont get it.

It was because my Shipping address didnt match my billing address. Why would I change my paypal BILLING address?

Billing addy dude, billing addy.

After all this, you still have not figured out where you went wrong? :nonono:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
No, you dont get it.

It was because my Shipping address didnt match my billing address. Why would I change my paypal BILLING address?

Sorry man, you STILL do not get it.

OK, here we go again. At least there are some people on this forum that get it.When you place an order on our website there is a "Billing" and a "Shipping" field. It is made very clear that the Billing field address MUST match the credit card that is being used. The ship to can be anywhere you wish.
This customer totally didn't care about our policy. When we emailed him and told that his address did not match he simply replied "That's my work address"
I couldn't care less what the address was where he sells Kia's on the Internet. There is only one address that matters. That is the one where the credit card company sends the bill each month.
When the credit card company put a hold on the $39 that left him with LESS than $39 available credit. For 2 days we attempted to charge his card for his new order with a home address. Each time it declined. He sent several emails asking for the $39 to be refunded.This is the email he sent this afternoon.

I experience the EXACT same issues with my customers every day. They give me the wrong billing address all the time and it takes extra effort and time to go back and forth with incorrect info and yes it does get tiring having to ask a customer for the billing address which makes me FULLY understand where BFR is coming from.

Like I said, you still do not know what the whole issue was all this time, it's taking this far down in the thread for me to point it out to you. :bash:

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I didnt change my billing address through paypal, it is what it is. Its where I live. The only discrepancy was I put my work address as the shipping address.

You see this is not that hard to figure out. I could understand if my billing addy was something totally different but BOTH the addresses are VERIFIED ADDRESSES BY PAYPAL.

Sorry man, you STILL do not get it.

I experience the EXACT same issues with my customers every day. They give me the wrong billing address all the time and it takes extra effort and time to go back and forth with incorrect info and yes it does get tiring having to ask a customer for the billing address which makes me FULLY understand where BFR is coming from.

Like I said, you still do not know what the whole issue was all this time, it's taking this far down in the thread for me to point it out to you. :bash:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I didnt change my billing address through paypal, it is what it is. Its where I live. The only discrepancy was I put my work address as the shipping address.

You see this is not that hard to figure out. I could understand if my billing addy was something totally different but BOTH the addresses are VERIFIED ADDRESSES BY PAYPAL.

An address that is "Verified by PayPal" has nothing to do with the paypal debt card they have issued you.

The debt card they have issued you has a billing address that is attached to it. If you do not know what that address is, then I highly suggest contacting PayPal to find out what they have in their system for that specific PayPal debt card that they issued you.

The AVS (Address Verification System) tries to match NUMERICAL values in the street address field and in the Zip code field. If either one does not match, the AVS will come up with a DECLINE or an INCORRECT BILLING ADDRESS result. If they both match, then the Debt/Credit card auth is approved and the card is then charged.

We vendors get penalized by the merchant companies with a higher card fee rate IF we bypass the AVS system. This is why we would rather not go that route specially when the product or service we are selling is discounted to minimal lows or the profit margin is almost non-existent. Another reason is that if we bypass the AVS security measure and the card ends up being a stolen card, we have no legal way to fight it since we did not follow the outlined security measures and we end up eating the loss. Now, if we did follow all the correct measures and a card turns out to have been stolen, the address verification we performed covers our arses and we do not end up getting screwed.

Now, like I stated earlier, contact PayPal and find out specifically what address they have on file for you so that future purchases do not end up in total failure like the way this one turned out.

:beer:

Ken

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
They are the same and I have purchased many more expensive things online with it.

An address that is "Verified by PayPal" has nothing to do with the paypal debt card they have issued you.

The debt card they have issued you has a billing address that is attached to it. If you do not know what that address is, then I highly suggest contacting PayPal to find out what they have in their system for that specific PayPal debt card that they issued you.

The AVS (Address Verification System) tries to match NUMERICAL values in the street address field and in the Zip code field. If either one does not match, the AVS will come up with a DECLINE or an INCORRECT BILLING ADDRESS result. If they both match, then the Debt/Credit card auth is approved and the card is then charged.

We vendors get penalized by the merchant companies with a higher card fee rate IF we bypass the AVS system. This is why we would rather not go that route specially when the product or service we are selling is discounted to minimal lows or the profit margin is almost non-existent. Another reason is that if we bypass the AVS security measure and the card ends up being a stolen card, we have no legal way to fight it since we did not follow the outlined security measures and we end up eating the loss. Now, if we did follow all the correct measures and a card turns out to have been stolen, the address verification we performed covers our arses and we do not end up getting screwed.

Now, like I stated earlier, contact PayPal and find out specifically what address they have on file for you so that future purchases do not end up in total failure like the way this one turned out.

Ken

buyfordracing

Established Member

Ken
I don't think the guy is ever going to figure it out. It's unfortunate we can never get the minutes of our life back. Thank you for spending some of your life trying to explain it to whom.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
LOL I like this ^^^ guy!! Too bad there be no coil covers left to buy.

You bumped an 8 month old thread to say that...? :bored:

Off-topic, I still haven't put these on yet, they're boxed up in my garage, lol. Waiting to get my valve covers powder coated Ford Blue, and then pop them on. I took them out over the weekend to check them out, they're gonna look awesome.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
Does anyone know where to get these? No one seems to carry them anymore and the only place I found that has them is Blue Oval Industries but I don't want carbon fiber. :nonono: Thanks

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn I'm glad I picked these up from BOI for like 50 bucks when I did.. I wonder if these are discontinued now.

Users who are viewing this thread