potententially leaked gt500 spec sheet

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I really hope that isn’t close to the power number. Or weight for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

All I'll say is those numbers are lower than what the car was making a year ago, and it won't be officially unveiled for a while yet...

Things may have changed in the time being, but I doubt it's gone that sideways.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
First.. I’m not buying one so it really doesn’t matter.... but I gotta say if that weight is right... that’s just sad!!

With that said, I really doubt these are the real numbers. I mean the power to weight ratio is basically the same as the last GT500... I expect it to weigh about 4K (not 4225).. but more like 775hp.... just saying.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
4200 lbs!?!
t.com%2F-SGpGDsaqrGA%2FVOjXVxXcLtI%2FAAAAAAAAQuQ%2FnmSwwsTOMZY%2Fw1157-h868-no%2F20150221_115718.jpg

t.com%2F-ayFc8CPy0gs%2FVOjXVQ2DQ9I%2FAAAAAAAAQu0%2FGZsU9jztAus%2Fw1157-h868-no%2F20150221_115651.jpg

This is for a stock GT. Crazy that my GT will weigh so much less than the GT500

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I guess boat jokes on hellcats are off the menu if these are true number lol
Hellcats (charger and challenger) are still 4600lbs and 4500lbs.

This is for a stock GT. Crazy that my GT will weigh so much less than the GT500
Your post makes no sense. A GT500 will always weigh more than a non supercharged mustang. Especially if the non supercharged car has a smaller motor.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
A GT350 weighs around 3800lbs. Add a big supercharger with extra cooling, auto trans, bigger wheels and tires, maybe bigger brakes and I can definitely see at least a couple of hundred pounds increase over the GT350. I think it will definitely weigh at least 4K lbs.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Your post makes no sense. A GT500 will always weigh more than a non supercharged mustang. Especially if the non supercharged car has a smaller motor.
I understand it will weigh more but that is a huge weight difference. I'd be impressed with the GT500 if they found more innovative ways to lose weight or minimize the weight difference delta. It seems cars just get heavier and heavier.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With all the past rumored/leaked info on various Fords over the years I've been a member here, I choose to wait until the official numbers/specs are released. Little in that document can be proven true, or false, at this point, so there's no point in jumping on Ford on weight/power gripes. I expect the new GT-500 won't disappoint on design, power and specs. We'll see.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
With all the past rumored/leaked info on various Fords over the years I've been a member here, I choose to wait until the official numbers/specs are released. Little in that document can be proven true, or false, at this point, so there's no point in jumping on Ford on weight/power gripes. I expect the new GT-500 won't disappoint on design, power and specs. We'll see.
Yes, I’m getting excited about the new gt500. The old one was a one trick pony that the avg driver couldn’t really extract power out of. That’s why a hellcat beating one is impressive given the power difference (under 50hp) but the weight different was huge!!! Something like 600lb difference?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nothing gets "leaked" by accident....when the production unit comes out with more power, and less weight....what happened to that report back in August??

under promise, over deliver

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I see this release following in the footsteps of the Terminator.

I would really like to see some true commercial hype though. Build excitement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Why would the max engine speed be the same as the max hp rpm? Shouldn’t that be different?

Ex: my 09 gt500 made max power at 6,000 rpm but max engine rpm was 6,250 rpm.

Either way man that weight looks horrible if true.
Just a FYI... the 12-13 Boss 302 make max power officially at 7500 rpm... yet redline is 7500rpm... fuel cut is 7600 rpm... so it wouldn’t be the first time that has happened. But I’m leaning more and more to that document being BS in general.

Users who are viewing this thread