Post your hangover remedies/defenses.

So I had my worst hangover of 2007 on Sunday after a deviation from my normally solid gameplan on Saturday night. In bed all day, in between trips to puke...solid day. Girlfriend finally brought me some food around 7PM and that helped get me out of bed by 12AM. Bad times.

On the few occasions I do drink, I'll usually stop a few hours short of bedtime, drink a lot of water, then hammer a glass of OJ before bed. Works 90% of the time.

What of it? Who has the magic hangover defense and how do you cure one once it hits? :beer:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
When I do get a hangover...I just have to sleep it off.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
03DOHC said:
Not drinking works all the time.

+1

The most common one is drink a beer after a hangover.

Or you can drink ALOT of water throughout the entire day, take a shit and then take a warm shower and you should be fine.

Works for me all all the time

SNCBOOM

Established Member
So...if you don't drink why would you choose to respond to a thread about aiding hangovers...you're useless

uh0h50

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
+1

The most common one is drink a beer after a hangover.

Or you can drink ALOT of water throughout the entire day, take a shit and then take a warm shower and you should be fine.

Works for me all all the time
+ 1 drink a shit load of water before the alcohol consumption begins.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Jump right back on the horse dude. Start the morning with Bloody Mary's. Only time I drink those is the day after a good night out.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I go get the biggest cheesburger and fries I can...for some reason the grease seems to help me out....

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If I'm going to be drinking a lot (doesn't happen very often anymore), I always drink water while I'm drinking alcohol. Then before I go to bed a drink a bunch of water and take a couple Aspirin. Your body just gets massively dehydrated, and taking all that water throughout the day and before bed helps a lot. Works for me anyways.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i used to get hangovers just from drinking a few beers. hated it. however i would never drink water before bed, thus the hangover.

For the past few years i have made it a complete effort, no matter how much i want to pass the **** out, to drink two full bottles of water and two asprin/tylenol before giving in, even if i have to chug those. i also (if coherent enough) set my alarm clock to 4 hours later, and when it goes off, i drink another bottle of water and 2 more tylenol, just to be safe (thats if i do moderate drinking)

so far the only hangover was mostly from what i drank upsetting my stomach (Monster+Jager do not make for a good combination when drinking games are in effect) to the point of which i had what felt like a hangover but really was just my stomach saying "**** you and your high sugar energy drinks plus cough syrum alcoholic mixer"

one of my coworkers was out drinking on a business trip, and got super plastered (they paid for his drinks and kept feeding them to him). he had to go deep-sea fishing with them the next morning and was hungover like hell. they came to his hotel room with a Corona and V8 (tomato juice drink), mixed it in a glass, and made him drink it. he said it was the worst thing he ever tasted, but not two minutes later, his stomach was feeling perfect, his headache went away and he felt fine. the alcohol in the beer helps ween down his system from alcohol withdrawls (Hangover is basically your body getting used to the alcohol and the lack thereof going into dehydration), and the V8 helps replenish lost vitamins, and sooth the stomach liner.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
I Used to take a shot of Olive Oil before heavy drinking, seemed to work, it was my dad that tought me that :shrug:

although I have to say, not drinking works really well,which is what I do now :)

Last edited:

mesoriah24

KB finally in
Established Member
Take a handful of advil and a few glasses of water before you go to bed. Or if you passed out before you did that and already have a hangover, take some Alkaseltzer. It tastes like shit and will make you want to puke, but it works great

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll try to drink a glass of water and take 2 extra strength tylenol before going to sleep, then the same in the morning. Usually I end up passing out before I can take them at night.

Although, the first time I drank was on my 21st bday and I drank really hard. Puked my guts out on the way home from the bars, and woke up the next day to play a soccer game. Probably didn't have a drop of alcohol in my system after the puking. Worked like a charm:beer:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
at most i drink 2 beers a week.

So that being said, is the best remedy, don't over do it, everything in moderation.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Oxygen. When I've got a thumper the next day, it's down to the garage, and about 5 minutes of O from the torch. Works every time.

Also the hair of the dog works fairly well, too. A red-eye or bloody works on the smaller ones, but not nearly as well as the O.

99cobraR

Established Member
Don't take tylenol, take 4 ibuprofen the night of drinking and then drink a quart of cool blue gatorade in the AM

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
I usually take about 4 advil or exedrin and down a gatorade. the next morning i make a lemon drop martini and that will pick me right up.

Users who are viewing this thread