Post your hangover remedies/defenses.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
never took anything (pills) for hangovers, but tons of water is definitly the way to go. the last time i got drunk (unable to walk) my friend guided me to the bathroom and just kept filling up a glass with water and made me drink it, fill it up again, drink it, etc. i threw up a couple of times (probably from all the damn water lol) but kept drinking. the next morning i felt completely normal, after a good 7-8 hours of sleep.

im sure eating before you drink helps too but if all else fails, just chug that water before you go to bed. even if you dont feel like drinking anything and you throw up, do your puking and pound the H2O.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I love everyone that says they've NEVER had a hangover.

Well obviously, you don't get hungover from drinking Boones Farm, Franzia Boxed Wine, or Smirnoff Ices.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
the worst of my hangovers has been a headache, slight dizziness and dry mouth. ive never felt like complete shit the next day. usually we'll stop and get some food at 3am after a long night of drinking and that takes care of everything. if i do have a slight hangover the next morning i stay in bed until around 11 then get up and drink tons of water and take a huge shit. then go out and get some food and that usually takes care of it

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
03DOHC said:
Not drinking works all the time.

+ Eleventy billion, I don't drink either so not much help in that area, but I believe just depends on how fast your body can eliminate toxins from the body, much like sobering up, your body's ability to assimilate the alcohol, :)

Big Pun

Banned
i usually eat what ever is left on my camaro floor from the wendys meal i was eating on the way home from the bar. THank god for wendys being up at 1 am so I can drive my camaro through the drive thru to get a burger

C.K.

Established Member
grandestang said:
WOW to everyone saying take advil or tylenol before passing out you are all complete morons!!!!!

You are just pounding your already completely overworked livers. I don't think you realize how hard a couple advil or tylenol (especially tylenol) is on your liver. That combined with a liver that is trying to cleanse your body of alcohol can actually kill you... it has happened. Its called liver poisoning.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/appendix/otc_toxicity_01.htm

That is honestly some of the worst advise I've ever heard.... morons

Back on the subject at hand, I drink a fair amount and don't get hangovers. I've had maybe 5 in my life, and thats drinking 3-4 nights a week for the past 5 years. I guess thats just good drinking genetics. But when I have had one I usually just chug water all day even when I don't want any, that helps just cleanse the system and gets me back into shape faster than anything else. Also working up a good sweat, working out seems to help.

Paul

+1 Advil rapes your liver. Even when you do take it you need to make sure you are drinking a lot of water. If I know I am going to be drinking heavily, I usually drink a lot of water throughout the day. But I try not to get to the point of not being able to move the next day.

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
I drink water before i go to sleep. Wake up an hour before drink a glass of water, take two advil, a vitamin B tablet, and go back to bed. Sober as a preacher on sunday when I wake back up.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Personally I just deal with the hangover, I go thru this shit every friday and Saturday s2wearing that I'll never drink again.

Like now, I'm ****in loaded and I'll just deal deal with the hangover and be right back at the bar on Saturday night.

And whoever posts a drunk thread mispelling shit shit like crazy is a fuggin douche. I post most of my posts hammered and you can still spell, I think.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
crack open another cold one, and let it go down...

I have heard this is the best remedy. I have tried Bloody mary's and water but it dosent work, for me anyway. But I have heard a beer. shot or mixed drink makes your hangover go away.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Get into bed and crank up the a/c to full blast.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
sikklightning04 said:
In-n-out here in Cali when your liquored is the place to be. If you are from Cali, you know what im talking about.

yes yes! head to in n out on any weekend night from 11pm-2am and you'll find many drunks :xpl:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Oh man.. I was buzzin and tried to be a hard ass and slammed a whole liter of Jack once. Never again.. EVER. By far the worst experience of my life. I woke up the next day with Chipotle bean burrito all over myself and the walls and everything else. I had pissed in my pants.. had bruises all over my body and was sore as hell. Didn't remember a single thing.. was still drunk for half the day. Puked for like a half hour straight around 4pm and then had to crawl to the toilet to puke once every 30min or so til my stomach muscles were so sore from dry heaving I could barely breathe without wanting to off myself. I ordered papa johns at like 8pm and had it delivered even though I lived across the street. It took me about 5min to get to the door and I had to look at the floor cause everything was still spinning. I gave the dude a $9 tip on an $11 pizza cause I had to puke again. Took 1 bite and it was heaven, then puked instantly. Passed out.. then slept for like 30 hours straight. This is no lie. There are people that can back me up. The 1 thing that works for me when I'm obviously not that hungover is a glass of pepsi. I never drink soda ever but pepsi does it for me when I'm pukin. The sad part about this story is that I was out drinkin more jack with my friends the very next weekend.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
Njc0las said:
Oh man.. I was buzzin and tried to be a hard ass and slammed a whole liter of Jack once. Never again.. EVER. By far the worst experience of my life. I woke up the next day with Chipotle bean burrito all over myself and the walls and everything else. I had pissed in my pants.. had bruises all over my body and was sore as hell. Didn't remember a single thing.. was still drunk for half the day. Puked for like a half hour straight around 4pm and then had to crawl to the toilet to puke once every 30min or so til my stomach muscles were so sore from dry heaving I could barely breathe without wanting to off myself. I ordered papa johns at like 8pm and had it delivered even though I lived across the street. It took me about 5min to get to the door and I had to look at the floor cause everything was still spinning. I gave the dude a $9 tip on an $11 pizza cause I had to puke again. Took 1 bite and it was heaven, then puked instantly. Passed out.. then slept for like 30 hours straight. This is no lie. There are people that can back me up. The 1 thing that works for me when I'm obviously not that hungover is a glass of pepsi. I never drink soda ever but pepsi does it for me when I'm pukin. The sad part about this story is that I was out drinkin more jack with my friends the very next weekend.

that sounds like alcohol poisoning, not a hangover. same thing happened to a friend of mine once. we ended up getting him to a hospital where he stayed overnight and was treated for alcohol poisoning

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
Best thing to do is being hydrated before you start to drink. If youre drinking alot, try to throw in a glass of water in between your drinks. If you have an empty stomach, youre screwed. Take 2 asprins before you go to sleep, go back the next day and pick up that cute blondie :)

jobsi

Established Member
I tried that for the first time water between drinks and it worked great I drank all night and no hangover

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
jobsi said:
I tried that for the first time water between drinks and it worked great I drank all night and no hangover

Same here, i was dinking pretty hard last night but drank a glass of water every now and then and i feel fine today.

Users who are viewing this thread