Post your hangover remedies/defenses.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
theraapster said:
Luckily with beer I never get hungover, just some serious shitting to do the next day. When I drink liquor though I always drink a Gatorade before going to bed and as soon as I wake up and that seems to do the trick.

so true :cuss:

dirtywhiteboy

fried chicken & gasoline
Established Member
grandestang said:
WOW to everyone saying take advil or tylenol before passing out you are all complete morons!!!!!

You are just pounding your already completely overworked livers. I don't think you realize how hard a couple advil or tylenol (especially tylenol) is on your liver. That combined with a liver that is trying to cleanse your body of alcohol can actually kill you... it has happened. Its called liver poisoning.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/appendix/otc_toxicity_01.htm

That is honestly some of the worst advise I've ever heard.... morons

Back on the subject at hand, I drink a fair amount and don't get hangovers. I've had maybe 5 in my life, and thats drinking 3-4 nights a week for the past 5 years. I guess thats just good drinking genetics. But when I have had one I usually just chug water all day even when I don't want any, that helps just cleanse the system and gets me back into shape faster than anything else. Also working up a good sweat, working out seems to help.

Paul

great post! a lot of people don't know the issues with alcohol and tylenol as evidenced by this thread.
lots of alcohol + acetaminophen = liver trashing
please read the article Paul posted if you take acetaminophen of any type for hangovers.
LONG LIVE THE LIVER!!!!!

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
I go to the Grocery store and get a whole pre-made Rottiserie Chicken from the deli! No utensils needed, just man-up use your digits and dig in. Ravage the thing like a cave man and you will feel like a million bucks! oh yeah and i drink natural lipton sweetened tea while i am tearin' it up.

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
If you've ever heard of Airborne, the stuff is loaded with vitamins and electrolytes. It's more or less like an Alka-Seltzer..... Drop one in a Gatorade before you hit the sack.....take a multi-vitamin, and get at least 8hrs of sleep. In the morning, pop two pain relievers and eat some Chinese food and rest. Substitute rest for "red beers" or Bloody Marys and you'll be fine by noon.

Last edited:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
dirtywhiteboy said:
great post! a lot of people don't know the issues with alcohol and tylenol as evidenced by this thread.
lots of alcohol + acetaminophen = liver trashing
please read the article Paul posted if you take acetaminophen of any type for hangovers.
LONG LIVE THE LIVER!!!!!

Thank you, finally someone with some common sense.

Heres another good bit on taking advil or tylenol with alchohol from the following site.

http://www.smokingpermitted.com/alcohol.html

"NOTE: Never take Tylenol or Advil for a hangover!!

This is an excellent way to literally destroy your liver in a very short period of time. Tylenol and Advil are toxic to the liver. The enzyme that digests Tylenol and Advil is the same one that digests alcohol, and it prefers alcohol. If you take Tylenol or Advil with alcohol in your system, the pain pills will linger in your system and wreak absolute havoc on your vital organs! If you really have to take a pill the morning after, the only safe one to take is Aspirin."

But go on guys, keep taking those pain pills for hangovers... its totally worth it.

Paul

99caddysts

Established Member
Generally as long as i have a nice large greasy meal for dinner and/or eggs, ramen, etc during the wee hours of the morning, I usually do not even get a hangover.

Cobra84

Established Member
I learned a good trick to drinking period. I use to drink the rum and cokes and sweet hard liquors. I got tired of always feeling crappy the next day. Now i just drink beer, and i usually have no problems at all. Every now and then when i might get a slight hangover from drinking a lot of beer, i do the usual- i drink lots of water and time

wikedcobra312

FLEO
Established Member
i eat bread before i drink, and while i drink, i also dont mix my alcohol, if it going to be beer, then i stick with beer, if its going to be liquor then its liquor the whole nite, havent had a hang over since....or if i knew i drank tooo much, nothing like good ol' pedialite, and your all good in the morning

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
This is going to sound far fetched, but... I've never, nor have my brothers, ever had a hangover. Ever. I can simply pass out after a night of drinking and wake up the next morning feeling perfectly fine, even after a night of very heavy drinking. And I don't even drink more than 3 or 4 times a year. None of our friends believed us until they saw it for themselves.

I really can offer no other explanation than my family must just be graced with super genes.

Burn'nRubber

Established Member
I have heard that a hangover is similar to a withdrawl, so the best method is to probably jump back on the horse that kicked ya the night before.

I personally can not even stand the look of an alcohol bottle or can after a night of drinking, let alone drink anymore of it. I usually wake up and pound a couple glasses/bottles of water and a few tylenol, and that seems to help.

90mustang306

Dead Crawlin
Established Member
I drink lots of water before and some after..but I usually eat bread a couple of pieces.. and in the morning im ready to go and I mean early no 11 not 10 but like 7am

kaotic

Established Member
thomas91169 said:
i used to get hangovers just from drinking a few beers. hated it. however i would never drink water before bed, thus the hangover.

For the past few years i have made it a complete effort, no matter how much i want to pass the **** out, to drink two full bottles of water and two asprin/tylenol before giving in, even if i have to chug those. i also (if coherent enough) set my alarm clock to 4 hours later, and when it goes off, i drink another bottle of water and 2 more tylenol, just to be safe (thats if i do moderate drinking)

so far the only hangover was mostly from what i drank upsetting my stomach (Monster+Jager do not make for a good combination when drinking games are in effect) to the point of which i had what felt like a hangover but really was just my stomach saying "**** you and your high sugar energy drinks plus cough syrum alcoholic mixer"

one of my coworkers was out drinking on a business trip, and got super plastered (they paid for his drinks and kept feeding them to him). he had to go deep-sea fishing with them the next morning and was hungover like hell. they came to his hotel room with a Corona and V8 (tomato juice drink), mixed it in a glass, and made him drink it. he said it was the worst thing he ever tasted, but not two minutes later, his stomach was feeling perfect, his headache went away and he felt fine. the alcohol in the beer helps ween down his system from alcohol withdrawls (Hangover is basically your body getting used to the alcohol and the lack thereof going into dehydration), and the V8 helps replenish lost vitamins, and sooth the stomach liner.

Its called a Michelada. Its a beer, squeez a whole lime into it, mix it with tomato juice. Clamato and V8 would work, and top it off with hot sauce, and bingo that would take care of you. I usually drink a couple while still at the bar/club.

CSD

Banned
Taylor ham w/cheese salt pepper ketchup and lots of water.

Sometimes two depending on the consumption amount.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
1. eat a shitton of heavy food before the binge
2. drink as much water as you can during. Which isn't hard cuz when I drink to get drunk i go for the hard stuff. Beer just fills me up.
3. on the way home get the greasiest food you can find and eat more of it.
4. ??????
5. Profit

White Castle works for me up here. At home it was Denny's or Perkin's.

03whtpny

Established Member
Here in Illinois we have a hangover relief drink called AH (After Hours) it works pretty well it is loaded with the vitamins that alcohol takes out of you i dunno how far they have branched out with distrubution but its a big hit around here

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Sleep as much as possible and chug gatorade/powerade/vitamin water when you wake up. Fixes me after the worst nights drinking. My liver hates me.

Chris C

Established Member
People always give me shit for it, but i drink Pedealight (sp?) that drink for infants. Its used to hydrate little babies, and its worked great so far, and the good thing is you know its not bad for you if its meant to hydrate babies, or i'll drink a big bottle of vitamin water. I have a hard time drinking gatorade sometimes b/c of all the sugar in it.

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread