Post your H&R drop combos!

MisterChrome

Established Member
Hey guys, I am about to buy me a set of H&R Race springs and I am contemplating whether to buy aftermarket Iso's or leave the stockers, or even pull some, if not all of them off. I don't want my car to sit too low. I have a coupe with stock wheel/tire setup right now but will be getting 18's over the summer with a 315+ in the rear. What would you guys recommend for the most flush look? I have seen all these different combos and they all seem to look really good, but I have yet to see one in real life. So I dont know about trusting the pics too much. Thanks

Mike

2screws

Established Member
Hey guys, I am about to buy me a set of H&R Race springs and I am contemplating whether to buy aftermarket Iso's or leave the stockers, or even pull some, if not all of them off. I don't want my car to sit too low. I have a coupe with stock wheel/tire setup right now but will be getting 18's over the summer with a 315+ in the rear. What would you guys recommend for the most flush look? I have seen all these different combos and they all seem to look really good, but I have yet to see one in real life. So I dont know about trusting the pics too much. Thanks

Mike

I have H&R race springs with Bottom ISO's on the rear only. I am running 315/30-18's on the rear.
DSC00151.jpg

Last edited:

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
A lot of you guys seem to be leaving out the rear isos. I assume that is because you're trying to get rid of the slight but noticeable rake that exists on any H&R spring set when you've got all isos installed.

Of course I don't have any pictures handy, but my vote goes to the Eibach 3594 springs. I have a set on my Cobra with all isos. The stance is low enough to give an aggressive stance, but not so low as to compromise drivability. And the best part is that the rake is gone.

So if you want to get rid of the rake and don't want to mess with leaving some of the isos out, get a set of Eibach 3594s. (The consensus is that leaving the isos out doesn't hurt anything, but just from a "feel good about it" standpoint, I prefer to leave all of the isos in so there's not any metal-on-metal rubbing.)

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Some of you guys with really low stances (like the H&R SS with no isos), how does your car do on bottoming out or the tires rubbing on the fenders when going over bumps?

RAP66

Established Member
struts & shocks

I have a set of H&R Race (originally I thought they were sports) Checking on the HR website they recommend changing the shocks & struts... Will I be okay with the stock setup :shrug:??

MisterChrome

Established Member
yea man, you should be fine. I just bought the same setup. I contacted several people and everyone says NO PROB. Our cars apparently come with "aftermarket" bilsteins! I loved getting that news. I even asked them, if Bilstein has any updated BETTER ones. I got mixed answers, of yes and no, but regardless our stock ones are really good and work well with RACE springs. I hope I wasnt misinformed!

BTW, where in the Bay Area are you?

RAP66

Established Member
yea man, you should be fine. I just bought the same setup. I contacted several people and everyone says NO PROB. Our cars apparently come with "aftermarket" bilsteins! I loved getting that news. I even asked them, if Bilstein has any updated BETTER ones. I got mixed answers, of yes and no, but regardless our stock ones are really good and work well with RACE springs. I hope I wasnt misinformed!

BTW, where in the Bay Area are you?

Great news to hear!!!! Now to find t he time to drop em in.
I'm in the south bay - Milpitas.

oxw01svt

Established Member
l_71d39cbdaf024f7b3453dc1460bc196e.jpg

l_6811b5b42c5fecd3e6eb2d27d4357afc.jpg

All stock iso's H&R sport srings. i cant even drive over the lowest speed bump w/o scraping the exhuast when i swap for the solid axel im def downsizing the exhuast to 2.5 rather than the 3 inch that i have now

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I have a couple questions regarding the ISO's

Is there any negative effect running no isos? And what is the difference between stock and MM iso's?

I originally planned to do MM isos upfront and stock out back but like many have done with the H&R SS but chickened out at the shop and had them slap on MM isos all around thinking it would be too low.

The H&R SS the rear sits too high still for my taste. What do you guys think it would take for me to lower the rear a little. Remove the isos completely? leave top or just bottom, orrrrrr slap on the stock isos?

100_2226.jpg

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
dsc00169vi7.jpg

dsc00166wi2.jpg

dsc00165xh5.jpg

dsc00162sh6.jpg

Finally fiqured out how to post pics. H&R Race, Stock iso' Afs Wheels 18x9 275/35/18 18x10.5 295/35/18. Back tires are a little stretched would recomend 315's. Also would like to thank all ya'll that have been posting your pics and combo's Seached long a had trying to find the right drop combo.