Post your H&R drop combos!

stangkid

Established Member
The 99 has H&R SS springs with stock isolators.

100_0552.jpg

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Nice pictures ... the reason why the Mystic looks lower more even front & rear is because he has 18" wheels. The silver convertible Cobra does look lower than all the other pictures ... what kind of wheels are those?

What are the spring rates for the SS and I remember people saying they were too soft and bottom out? Spring rates for the race springs? Stock rates on 04 cobra coupe = 600 front and rear.

Quick Strike

Established Member
04MC said:
Nice pictures ... the reason why the Mystic looks lower more even front & rear is because he has 18" wheels. The silver convertible Cobra does look lower than all the other pictures ... what kind of wheels are those?

What are the spring rates for the SS and I remember people saying they were too soft and bottom out? Spring rates for the race springs? Stock rates on 04 cobra coupe = 600 front and rear.

The vert may look lower because of the Dynomat covering I used to isolate the exhaust sound/drone from the inside of the car. There is one layer on the floor pan and two layers under the rear seat and in the trunk. I used two rolls when it was said and done. It helped some, but I still changed the cat-back. They wheels are factory 10th anniversary rims. 2003 of the 2003 cobras were made with the 10th anniversary package (1003 coupes and 1000 verts). There were a few other cosmetic changes with the 10th anniversary package.

MM had the spring rates up on their website, but it is gone now. I found this chart and it looks OK as far as my memory serves. The rear rates for the H&R race and sport springs are similar to the front rates shown for the non-irs cars.

hmwave

Established Member
Quick Strike said:
H&R race springs and MM isolators all around:

Cobra%20061111%20Side%202.jpg

Both top and bottom MM iso's?

I have those iso's on my vert now but with harsh Eibach Pro springs (the ones they sold in '03 which I now hear are way too stiff - car has always ridden stiff since I did that).

I have a set of H&R Race (red springs) ready to go on with the MM iso's.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
H&R SS springs, no iso's in the rear and the stock top isos in the front on 18" Ford Racing FR500's...

Cobra5.gif

Cobra5-5.gif

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
will the car sit higher with the isolators? What does leaving them out do? Anyone ever put 4 people in their cars? Do u scrape on everything? I have the ss springs I think no isolators. Im thinking abouting either putting the mm isolators in or going back to stock.

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
runs2rch said:
will the car sit higher with the isolators? What does leaving them out do? Anyone ever put 4 people in their cars? Do u scrape on everything? I have the ss springs I think no isolators. Im thinking abouting either putting the mm isolators in or going back to stock.
The iso's will raise the car up some, about 1/4" per iso. I bought the car w/ no iso's on it and it was way to low, I had to put front iso's on just not scrape coming into my driveway.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
ha i thought it was a nice drop, my yellow is TOO low... i did the same setup on the yellow one but it's way lower... i'm going ot have to put the isos up front
Bullitt4110 said:
The iso's will raise the car up some, about 1/4" per iso. I bought the car w/ no iso's on it and it was way to low, I had to put front iso's on just not scrape coming into my driveway.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Will I rub if I use H&R Race springs (stock ISOs) and 18x9.5 wheels (Real Y2K Cobra Rs)?

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:

Yeh mine too. Came with no isos but the guy included the MM's and the stockers. With top and bottom isos the car will come up a 1/2 inch?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Dude sonic03insc that first pic is friggin bad as shit. That's how good all cobras should look!! Will the stock iso's sit higher or lower than mm iso's because I don't want it to low to the ground to have to worry about all the bumps?

RussZTT

Established Member
Im stuck on what ones to get, Sport or Race. This was a very good thread. It seems everyones seem different even with the same combo's. The guys with no iso's, is it louder without them? Any squeaking? How is the ride with the springs, is it any different then the stock springs or bumpier?

Users who are viewing this thread