Posi Port Projects

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sometimes things are kept behind the scenes and I'm going to show a few things and what they did for performance. Which was basically not much or some lost unfortunately. One project never took off because it was discussed and we all thought there was no advantage to it. Other than that typically if I have an idea it gets tested.:bash: Remember I don't do this full time.

Pictures of my own personal blower that came off my car. I was trying the plates on the bottom at an attempt to help performance but no gains showed up from this.

finishedraceport012.jpg

finishedraceport021.jpg

finishedraceport012-1.jpg

More plates means more testing...

RacePort056.jpg

RacePort077.jpg

RacePort079.jpg

Little weld on the outside to make the rotor lead-ins larger.;-)

Fishing006.jpg

I will say that blower is still the horsepower king compared to my Race Ports. Can't sell that port though because it takes way to long to do.

How about a custom cut intercooler mod? No testing on this though it was something that's easy for me to do for my own car.:beer:

spacers004.jpg

spacers005.jpg

EGR Delete? Showed absolutely nothing on the dyno.

Jakesport002.jpg

Jakesport001-2.jpg

Ported lower intake which only showed 1lb of boost drop and no gains at all compared to a stocker.

RacePortlowerintake006.jpg

RacePortlowerintake008.jpg

RacePortlowerintake004.jpg

Back to blower projects. I had a case that was given to me so I figured let's see if we can make an inlet to keep up with this huge outlet. No gains again and it peaked sooner in the rpm range and fell off faster.

NevelMeade021.jpg

Little bit of roof work here to make the inlet larger on the inside.

NevelMeade019.jpg

Strategically placed welds underneath to make the lead-ins a lot larger.
NevelMeade020.jpg

RacePortPlus001.jpg

Huge inlet opening and also a welded up Dragon matched to it.
RacePortPlus003.jpg

RacePortPlus010.jpg

Inlet compared to a regular Race Port.
RacePortPlus.jpg

One of my favorite testing days was testing some throttle bodies. No need for pictures here just a link with the results. Proved some "industry" standards wrong on this one and also figured out what the max hp/tq rating is for a ported stock throttle body and plenum combo.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/posi-performance-330/664918-ported-throttle-body-testing.html

One of my favorite pictures still and this is the one where we manually wrote the CNC Machining Center program to cut the 03/04 Cobra inlets. Took us about 12 hours to do it. Each move is .100" and .050" down I think from memory. For a while people thought the ones we did by hand put out more power even though that's what we used to write the program.

CNCRacePort003.jpg

CNC fixture that holds them to cut the inlet and the outlet.

RacePort100.jpg

How about a Dragon plenum with no inside turn? Straight shot all the way through.:rockon: This was used for another "huge inlet" blower with a standard outlet first. Then after some testing we went back and made the outlet just a hair larger for more testing. This blower still showed no gains but it was done with my Auto in the car so anything below 3,400 rpm's or so was not known. I'd say tip-in throttle response should be instant though.

ModifiedDragon021.jpg

ModifiedDragon020.jpg

Last here's another one that we thought about. Jake, myself, my Tuner Blankenship Tuning which has done all dyno testing on my car and almost all of these tests you see here. Along with some other "key" friends we didn't think it was worth pursuing because when you inject Nitrous into our motors that typically doesn't touch IAT2's or Downstream temperatures at all. Jake and myself have logged passes at the Dragstrip and confirmed this. So if cold air or hot air hits your intercooler your intercooler will win and either heat the air up or cool it down. That happened and was discussed during the thinking of this and was the last straw to stop a prototype.

Eaton Snout Idea?

I have a few more things to show but I need to get some pictures first. Some modified rotors and then that other huge inlet ported case with the smaller outlets. That sucker is impressive but it just didn't do to much.

Anyways I still think nobody does the amount of testing on ported Eaton's like we do here and with over 130 full dyno pulls on my car I have proof to back up any testing that we've ever done. Most of that testing is done same day, same dyno, back to back with the car staying strapped down the entire time, without any ICE ever being added to help numbers. Also coolant temps are typically 168*'s when we start a pull which puts them at real world for the results.

Oops how about some E-85 testing as well.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ported-eaton-results-e-85-vs-110-octane.html

If anyone goes into my user profile you can look through any thread I've ever started. Or if you go into our section most testing results are posted there as well.

Posi Performance - SVTPerformance

Also please remember we're more than just ports. We're continually growing and carrying more parts with free shipping. If we don't think it's worth carrying or we woudn't put it on our own cars then we won't sell it.:beer: We're proud of every product we sell.

I do not own this dyno but my Tuner does cut me a good deal.:lol1::rockon: Thanks to Lee @ Blankenship Tuning for my custom 30 different tunes rofl. That's just a guess but is probably close or actually it's probably more than that. Upper only tunes, upper/lower 2.9/4lb tunes, 2.3 Whipple 19lb tune, 2.3 Whipple 22lb tune, back to Eaton 2.9/6lb tune, E-85 tunes, Eaton/Nitrous tunes. All of those had street tunes and race tunes. Plus the tunes that had to be done or at least adjusted for all tests.

Now I'm in the middle of a 5.0 Boss block build that's being done by Mike @ L&M Engines with some custom ground cams from him. Ported Eaton will go back on first with the NANO nitrous. After that something small but not an Eaton. I'm ready for my car to be done.:thumbsup:

Last my favorite pictures so far. This is my car with a race weight of 3,750lbs, ported Eaton off the shelf!, ported Dragon, 2.9/6lb combo, and NANO Nitrous with a small .048" jet. Plus headers, exhaust, yada, yada.

scan0001-1.jpg

The launch of that pass and I still know in my heart those front tires were 8 to 10 inches off the ground. Damn camera man lol.:bash: Nobody was there with me and I'm lucky enough to even have this though.
scan0002.jpg

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Bottom line is we haven't found any extra hp or tq out of our Race Ports and that's the best thing I can say to anyone or post anywhere.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Way to keep looking for the POWER Brian!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to get to run my car with your ported blower!

We'll try and good luck.:beer:

Nice work Brian and thanks for sharing.

Been meaning to make this thread for a while now and you all are more than welcome. I learned in Public so that means I have no secrets. I really don't either lol.

More pic's now.....

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay back to pictures.

First here's a set of rotors that were modified and then the fixture that I made to do so. There were 4 different setups in the mill on each rotor so it took a while to do a little bit of work. I tried to knife edge the leading edges at an attempt to pull just a little more air in. It was only 10hp behind so it didn't totally tank.

First the rotors.

Projects010.jpg

Projects009.jpg

Now the fixture that I had to modify or make. The rotors were held in place with the 2 locking bolts that you can see on the top and the side of the case. Not dead-nuts but it was good enough for testing.

Projects008.jpg

Projects007.jpg

Projects006.jpg

Last a picture of why and you'll see that the rotor tips actually come out of the "rotor bores" on the roof quite a bit and just before they disappear on the sides. I tried to knife them to give them a chance of picking up more air. The rest of the rotor stayed the same.

Probably knew more than likely it wouldn't work but as you see we've tested about everything else.

Projects013.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Last project that I sure hope worked. Not on my car being an Auto with a converter that doesn't kick in until 3,500 or 4,500 rpm's (brain fart) it put out the exact same numbers as the Race Port that's been on the car. Same day testing again. Now if some of you have seen me post about the Race Port that's on my car it's nothing special at all. It's not even numbered and we just grabbed it off the shelf. I never looked it over for myself.

So I did a blower with a huge inlet with a huge outlet.

So...

I decided to do a huge inlet with a basic Race Port outlet. We tested it and it was the same. So then I took it apart and made the outlet considerably larger. It went back on the car and still put out the same numbers.

Oh well and like I said above if someone ran say a 2.9/6lb combo on their car with this blower, the matched Dragon plenum, and a Dragon throttle body tip-in throttle response would be instant!

Had to put a little JB Weld on the roof.

Projects011.jpg

Good picture of the inlet size.

Projects015.jpg

Last the larger outlet than usual which I don't care much for but had to test.

Projects016.jpg

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sorry about some of the pictures. They were just taken for myself and they aren't to "sell anything" quality.

SVTDice

Established Member
Nice work, I thought you had some ideas in mind but not that many ideas, I'm very much impressed. :coolman:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good work and good, honest reporting Brian. You're about as open with this stuff as anyone could be. You hide nothing. You hold back nothing. And I especially commend you for letting everyone know that your original Race port is as good as it gets, rather than trying to market a "better" port. As always, you're all about taking care of and respecting your customers.

Thanks for posting up all of those photos and reports my friend! :)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nice work, I thought you had some ideas in mind but not that many ideas, I'm very much impressed. :coolman:

I'm very competitive as you all can see. (sitting here on a Saturday night lol) So I just can't sit back and not try to improve on porting. Kind of running out of ideas though. Got something to try that someone suggested on another forum so we might try that.:beer:
Good work and good, honest reporting Brian. You're about as open with this stuff as anyone could be. You hide nothing. You hold back nothing. And I especially commend you for letting everyone know that your original Race port is as good as it gets, rather than trying to market a "better" port. As always, you're all about taking care of and respecting your customers.

Thanks for posting up all of those photos and reports my friend! :)

Thanks Bob,

Every once in a while I question myself on showing everything but as most of you know I learned mostly in Public. Meaning if I learned something new I'd post about it. Then also some of you know all I ever wanted was a *sticky* in the "how-to" section showing people how to do a home port. So I'll never forget that and is why I still won't hide anything.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Race port is the max port!!! All the port you need!

I know I'm happy and it's exactly what took my car into the 9's. If anyone thinks that blower is special I'll sell it and put another one on the car this Spring.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Great thread Brian. You really have something special with customer support and a great product. You and Jake have helped me out so much answering numerous questions about countless topics and that goes a long way. I look forward to future ideas and if you ever said you found something new, my blower would be right back to you guys because I know it would really benefit it and not just another marketing plan. Keep up the great work.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great thread Brian! I think we're getting real close to being able to say we have taken the Eaton M-112 about to it's limit! And that's thanks in large part to all the thinking, modifying, and testing that you have done. I've totally enjoyed all our conversations on maximizing the Eaton and still think twin scews are for sissies! (j/k!).

Now, how about putting some effort into the freakin M-122 so we can show those GT500 guys what the Eaton is capable of!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread