Ported Eaton Results E-85 VS 110 Octane

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks for posting your results Brian. I am glad you didn't give up. LOL.. :beer:

Looks like the cooling effect was working after all! I imagine if you could get a temp sensor after the injector you would see even lower temps.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Im still confused (Posi knows). I'm glad it worked...just confused on why it changed so drastically from day to day

I'm interested in the graph....:rockon:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
here is the graph

1-20e85vs110.jpg

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
e-85

brian (posi) you are an awesome guy and i really appreciate your effort and time (tuner too) in what you did here, this seals the deal with me within 30 days my car will be at blankenship tuning for my e-85 swap

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
brian (posi) you are an awesome guy and i really appreciate your effort and time (tuner too) in what you did here, this seals the deal with me within 30 days my car will be at blankenship tuning for my e-85 swap

Thanks and I guess the testing isn't over lol. Seems I'll be doing same day, same track, back to back runs with E-85 and then draining the tank to run the 110 Octane..:bash::lol1:

Don't think I'm going to get out of it.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
It is amazing how much cooler this fuel runs on the downstream temps. This makes for consistent power. I made 5-6 pulls in less than 1.5 hrs and my overspun ported blower was just warm to the touch. Consistent 80 deg temps on back to back runs....

Last edited:

T.Man

Established Member
Wow! Looking at the results that were posted first, I was a bit surprised... Then seeing the 2nd results was what I expected to see the first time around.

Brian, what was changed from the first set of data/dyno runs to the second? Was your tuner feeding more timing in sooner? Pretty killer to see the difference with IAT/IAT2's as well.

T.Man

Established Member
Thanks and I guess the testing isn't over lol. Seems I'll be doing same day, same track, back to back runs with E-85 and then draining the tank to run the 110 Octane..:bash::lol1:

Don't think I'm going to get out of it.

Stoked for these results :banana:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Wow! Looking at the results that were posted first, I was a bit surprised... Then seeing the 2nd results was what I expected to see the first time around.

Brian, what was changed from the first set of data/dyno runs to the second? Was your tuner feeding more timing in sooner? Pretty killer to see the difference with IAT/IAT2's as well.

nothing was changed.

one day they did the E85 runs and 110 runs and he posted the results. A few people said there has to be a gain so they did it again a couple days later...same tunes. :shrug:

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I love my E85 eaton cobra. Picked up 6mph at the track. Im running 26* total. Bring in the timing sooner and a little faster.

Never dynoed the difference. Using the ET, weight, Mph calculators ive come up with 502rwhp on e85 and 429rwhp on 91. Both the D.A's were very close within 2-300ft. Weight was the same.

I will hae some solid dyno numbers comin in a month or 2.

Last edited:

SSeatr

Established Member
I cant wait to get my car finished up and on a dyno!!!! 99 cobra stroked, 10:1CR, BRAND NEW return fuel system pro series(picked up from Glennsperformance) -10an to rails, 80#ers, twin 61 turbo, crowers stg 3's...

I really want ID1000's or larger but may have to wait as ive about spent most of my $$ over the past year

I will 100% do this test with my car with 110 and E85 just to see where we are at...

I actually cant wait lol

Users who are viewing this thread