Votes: 509 81.4%
  • Pony

Votes: 117 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS killer

IEATPORSCHE,

I see you have a 99 saleen cobra. could you post some pics and let me know some of the specs on the car.
thanks

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Originally posted by DamageInc
Besides, a Cobra is a Cobra, I don't look at the car as a Mustang even though the exterior is all but identical to a GT or v6 save for the front and rear bumpercovers and hood.

Correction; on the 2003 V6 the hood is the same as the 99-01 Cobras. Damn Ford lilbitches.

moonltgold

I prefer the sleeper image, and go with the pony up front. I like things "low key." And, it's also a heritage thing. Besides, when we're ready to take care of business, the back end is the only thing they're going to see.

1fasthuggerss

Mark one down for the snake. In my opion I think that the snake looks really good. I'm not sure why svt diden't change the emblem when they built the car... thanks for listening

Jon

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I just put a snake on the front of mine, just because my friend wanted to swap with his '95 gt.....so i didn't have to pay for it, just polished it up a bit.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by Wingless99
Pony. I like to keep the appearance factory. They will find out it is a Cobra when it matters. ;-)

My point axactly.I like the Pony emblem also...I like gettin the every so often "It's not a Cobra.It has the Pony in front instead of the Cobra badge"..Even though they see the snakes on fenders,calipers,ect......:shrug: ........

Then I pop the hood......"Da****n it....You we're serious"...:coolman:

32vFromHell

Established Member
Wow, been a long time since i last posted, but yeah, i HATE the GT taillights on the 03 cobras, i would make them change it before i signed any paperwork. I also have a snake emblem on the front, and even my old man has an emblem on his 01!

Some of you guys i have a feeling arnt "drivers", but just "car enthusiasts". You know, the type who try to limit their milage, when i put as many miles on it as i can. When i see my odometer say 40k like it does now, i am like "those were some BAD ASS 40,000 miles" while it seems like some of you would go "ouch, 40k miles, thats 39,000 too many". I might be a little too aggressive on this, but i think a lot of you need to stick to model cars, so the rest of us can drive them. :)

Last edited:

AbecX

I think the Cobra emblem on the front grille looks nice, you bought a cobra, you have the right to let everyone know it, now if you start adding big stickers that say COBRA, or Dangerous Performance on the windshield, I'd have to kick your ass.

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
My point axactly.I like the Pony emblem also...I like gettin the every so often "It's not a Cobra.It has the Pony in front instead of the Cobra badge"..Even though they see the snakes on fenders,calipers,ect......:shrug: ........

you have snakes on the calipers?...dang i got jipped...lol

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
I'm glad someone brought this back from the dead..

My vote goes for the SNAKE !!

After 1 year of keepin the Pony I finally wanted to start off the season different... And the First Mod to my Stock cobra was the SNAKE !!!...

I bought the Performance Parts Emblem after seeing that it was larger looking then the standard badges and they showed comparisions on thier website..

My only problem was that FORD cheaply screwed in the original bracket to the Car and after unscrewing the pony the snake was loose and it got worse after adjusting the snake a few times.. I found the ultimate solution by filling the original holes with EPOXY and then drilling them out a day later and screwing everything back in .. This has left a secure feel to the bracket after being mounted.. NO Shaking!! ..

But what's up with having the NOTICABLE Painted body color square left behind due to a different bracket for the SNAKE.. The pony bracket had a metal tab going down to the chasis while the provided snake bracket had none.. Anyone know why Perf Parts did this..??

[Oh well back to the reasons for having the snake..]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Within a few days I noticed alot of heads turning ..People look at the grill emblem first.. (I know I do).. And I have seen people point as well. It's gonna be a new show season for me and I can't wait to hang with my new snake badge at the shows..

And that MOD is not my last .. I have been busy since March (between the snowflakes) doing things to give the new cobra emblem some company.

BBK Chrome CAI (TB to Fenderwell)
PROFIT Fueldoor (poilshed)
Steeda Tri-AX
UPR S.Steel Radiator Cover
Some Interior Billet (clean look for a silver car)

Later DC01

nj7703

Established Member
Total Newbie question but... where did you all get the snake emblem. Some of the ones i found online it is hard to see if they are crappy knock-offs or quality emblem.

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
I just wish these guys would of made a bracket to cover the ugly lil rectangle showing the body color you see behind the cobra in that pic... I could always paint it black to match the grille...

kj385

Established Member
My vote is for the big "SVT" emblem. IMO it fills the space better. And matches the body lines better also.

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
Originally posted by dark_cobra_01
I just wish these guys would of made a bracket to cover the ugly lil rectangle showing the body color you see behind the cobra in that pic... I could always paint it black to match the grille...

Trust me............ nobody notices the hole behind the emblem at anything over 100 mph. :nono: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread