• Pony

Votes: 117 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IEATPORSCHE

Established Member
:-?
I have a Chrome Pony Grille Emblem but I'm considering getting the Cobra Grille Emblem. Whaddya think?

As it is now, I've had a lot of people pull up next to me and ask "What kind of car is that?" (All that they see is Cobra emblems on fenders, "SVT Cobra" and blue oval deck emblem and "Saleen" decals and bumper). Unless you see from the front you wouldn't see the Pony and know it was a Mustang (I'm talking the "general population" here). I'm wondering if, out of reverence to the Pony, I should keep the Pony, however, I do like the looks on people's faces when they pull up next to you and have that fascinated and curious look on their faces like:"what kind of car is that?!"

Also, if I get the Cobra grille emblem the only "Mustang" on the car is the etched letters on my dash just above the glove compartment.

What do most of you guys have?

DamageInc

Banned
Definitely go with the snake. That is the only thing I have done to my car so far aside from putting gas in it and getting the oil changed. I made my own grille snake emblem from a fender emblem I had on hand because I dont think the grille emblem you can buy for $40 is the same likeness as the snakes on the fenders, but I just like fabricating stuff.

Besides, a Cobra is a Cobra, I don't look at the car as a Mustang even though the exterior is all but identical to a GT or v6 save for the front and rear bumpercovers and hood.

Last edited:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
I actually do like the Cobra Emblems on the front... but like to keep my cars original. I wish they came with the cobra emblem... but since it came with the Pony... I am going to keep the pony there.

Dave

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
Although the Cobra is cool, I'll stick with the pony as homage to the Cobra's beginnings! Plus I'm all for keeping the Cobra in it's original stock condition :')

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Go with the Cobra but keep the pony in a safe place so you can go back for originality. The Cobra I got from PPI is the same as the one on the fender.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
I am going to keep mine mostly stock, but I would not change the pony. I think that it is a heritage issue. After all it is a Mustang.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Another vote for the Cobra emblem.
I do also like the painted pony emblems... if I had a GT I'd have one of those for sure!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Yep that's the ones. I've seen 'em in different color variations too. I almost think I've seen a Mystic type one too.

Taz

Established Member
I thnk the Cobra incorporates enough proprietary parts - engine, brakes, suspension, front/rear fascia, etc. - to warrant its own grille badge. I vote for putting the snake in the grille.

T-

:cool:

snake1

A Cobra in the grille really transforms the front of the car from "just another Mustang" to something special. Most people (on the road) don't even notice the different fog lights, but the snake in the grille is noticed immediately.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by johnboy00
A Cobra in the grille really transforms the front of the car from "just another Mustang" to something special. Most people (on the road) don't even notice the different fog lights, but the snake in the grille is noticed immediately.

-I agree with the above statement. The last thing I'd want is for someone to think it was just a V6'er..heheh, not that there's anything wrong (besides lacking 2 cylinders, j/k) with a base model Mustang.
I voted for "cobra in the grill" because it helps make the Cobra stand out a little bit more, plus I like the way it's coiled and ready to strike, so to speak....

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I think they should of came that way from the factory! Ford still hasn't caught on to that yet. Prolly won't since the aftermarket came in and swooped on that idea.

Zman

Established Member
Gotta go with the Cobra. Concur with Taz, JohnBoy, Cobra90GT and SVTx2. Yea, what they said.:coolman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread