• Yes

Votes: 170 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ralo

Established Member
The way slp's are there is one clamp that would be visible. Hope it doesn't throw it off.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
trust me, you'll have to take them off and re-polish them to make them like new. My 00R tips are trashed when spring begins and I have to resand them down after winter. Even then I hit it with polish every wash. The pipes just get sand blasted from dirt and rocks. I'll admit, you guys may luck out since the exhaust is on the back and the part you see is perpendicular to the car.

LMFAO...Winter? I only drive this thing from Feb-November.

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
So you only drive it in the winter lol. December and January I guess

Last edited:

VtekII

Established Member
I'm going to laugh when you guys are going to have to take these off and polish them again when they get dirty. I have a feeling most of you will say "**** It". :lol:

bs ive purposely driven mine in crappy sleety weather, rain puddles and what not gotten them caked in crap. all i do is was it with a mit, then clean with microfiber cloth and hit it with a little mag polish. looks every bit as shiny as when i put it on there. stainless wont rescratch and dull like aluminum would. seems once its polished its pretty much going to stay that way unless you really try to mess it up.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
bs ive purposely driven mine in crappy sleety weather, rain puddles and what not gotten them caked in crap. all i do is was it with a mit, then clean with microfiber cloth and hit it with a little mag polish. looks every bit as shiny as when i put it on there. stainless wont rescratch and dull like aluminum would. seems once its polished its pretty much going to stay that way unless you really try to mess it up.

My R tips are SS and they get almost sand blasted after a while if I don't hit them with a coat or two of polish. You've got to remember my tips are right in the firing path of the front wheels.

StangRim.jpg

LMFAO...Winter? I only drive this thing from Feb-November.

pfft...Year round Ohioian for me. :rolling:

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
My R tips are SS and they get almost sand blasted after a while if I don't hit them with a coat or two of polish. You've got to remember my tips are right in the firing path of the front wheels.

StangRim.jpg

Those tips are right in the firing path. They look damn good though. I like that side exit set up.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I'm going to laugh when you guys are going to have to take these off and polish them again when they get dirty. I have a feeling most of you will say "**** It". :lol:

trust me, you'll have to take them off and re-polish them to make them like new. My 00R tips are trashed when spring begins and I have to resand them down after winter. Even then I hit it with polish every wash. The pipes just get sand blasted from dirt and rocks. I'll admit, you guys may luck out since the exhaust is on the back and the part you see is perpendicular to the car.

StangRim.jpg

:nonono: :nonono:

Comparing an IRS polished exhaust that is not on the receiving end of any debris to you V6 "R" exhaust, is like comparing nun with a stripper!!

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
StangRim.jpg

:nonono: :nonono:

Comparing an IRS polished exhaust that is not on the receiving end of any debris to you V6 "R" exhaust, is like comparing nun with a stripper!!

You're right. My little V6 is not worthy of being posted on SVT here with the best sports cars in the world. Get off your high horse. :rollseyes

You're still going to have to keep them clean and you're going to have to re-polish them every so often. You're also forgetting I drive my car all year round which takes even more of a beating. And trust me, the front tires spew enough debris to hit the exhaust. Not only that when a rock is moving at 40 mph it'll leave a mark in the metal.

VtekII

Established Member
You're right. My little V6 is not worthy of being posted on SVT here with the best sports cars in the world. Get off your high horse. :rollseyes

You're still going to have to keep them clean and you're going to have to re-polish them every so often. You're also forgetting I drive my car all year round which takes even more of a beating. And trust me, the front tires spew enough debris to hit the exhaust. Not only that when a rock is moving at 40 mph it'll leave a mark in the metal.

i will give it to you that yours will see quite a bit more road abuse than r cobras, but still if you take the time to clean your windows(lol which i dont do that often) it takes less than half that to wipe down your pipes with cleaner and polish.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Hmmm, I'm almost wishing I hadn't seen this thread now.

I have a little more work than you guys though, because the previous owner of my car had the two sides welded together under the differential.

Ralo

Established Member
I keep telling myself I'm going to start mine but I haven't yet lol

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I'm home for the weekend so if I can get a few honey do's done I am going to start on mine tomorrow evening Kevin. Hopefully I can have it all done so you can inspect my work when I am down your way next month!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'm home for the weekend so if I can get a few honey do's done I am going to start on mine tomorrow evening Kevin. Hopefully I can have it all done so you can inspect my work when I am down your way next month!
Sounds good Brandon. :thumbsup:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Sounds good Brandon. :thumbsup:

Honey Do's are done and I am headed to Sear's or Lowe's to get a flapper wheel and a couple things of lower number grits (already have some 800-2000). Then I have to jump the cobra so I can back it out of the garage and pull the tails. Hopefully I can get atleast one side done today. However the outlook for tomorrow is rain and more rain so darn the luck.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Honey Do's are done and I am headed to Sear's or Lowe's to get a flapper wheel and a couple things of lower number grits (already have some 800-2000). Then I have to jump the cobra so I can back it out of the garage and pull the tails. Hopefully I can get atleast one side done today. However the outlook for tomorrow is rain and more rain so darn the luck.
:pop:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
here is a pic of everything ready to get started. Like I told Kevin last week..........When I got my chrome lip TF chicanes on the car the old magnaflow tips just looked horrible so I picked up some chrome rolled MRT tips...........Then the catback looked even worse. After looking at these pics of it off the car. WOW! They really look nasty. They are beat to hell with scrapes and dings from the crappy oklahoma roads.

P1010647.jpg

I got one of the pipes down to 400 and spots to 800. I decided to go ahead and focus on one spot down to 1500 before a little polish just to see how it was going to look. My dad was over "helping" and he didnt believe I would be able to get it even close to looking like the chrome tips. I still have some spots that from the bending process that are striped really bad but when it is all done they should come close to being "sleeper status".

Here are a few shots showing some improvement.

P1010652.jpg

P1010653.jpg

P1010651.jpg

I'm going to try to finish one of them tomorrow before I have to head out of town for work. Then I just have to finish up the other sometime before the first week of may when I am going to head down to DFW to see some SVTP friends while I am completing some testing for my job.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looking good Brandon! :thumbsup:

Man, you really had a tough one to start out with!!! :eek:

The hardest part of those will be just getting them started. After that it should get easier with each step.

We have been getting waves of rain and bad weather here in Dallas, hopefully you are OK from the real bad stuff.

I look forward to see how it turns out. :pop:

Oh yeah, How are your arms feeling? LOL....

Users who are viewing this thread