Police Road Rage

mulchman

Established Member
3. The video wasn't showing the speed they were going. I"m guessing the cop was going EXACTLY the speedlimit and the guy behind was under the mentality the speedlimit is 10 over the posted.

On another site they said cop was going 50 in a 65 (obviously could be bs). That would certainly piss me off.

Blaine

Established Member
Using electronic devices, such as a cell phone, while driving in the state of South Carolina is NOT illegal. Also, being recorded without knowledge on PRIVATE property is inadmissible. It is perfectly legal on public property.

Illegal or not. You can show the recording to his boss and he will be fired or put on PERMANENT road crossing duty.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Pretty sure that was a sheriff's deputy. And no, they're not "elected." :nonono:

The ignorant always shine with threads like these.

Blaine

Established Member
Pretty sure that was a sheriff's deputy. And no, they're not "elected." :nonono:

The ignorant always shine with threads like these.

I only saw in the video where it said Sheriff on the side of the car. Regardless the Sheriff is bad, and the duputies are usually worse. Internet tough guys. Priceless.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I only saw in the video where it said Sheriff on the side of the car. Regardless the Sheriff is bad, and the duputies are usually worse. Internet tough guys. Priceless.

Who's trying to be an Internet tough guy? :rollseyes Go ahead, flex your muscles big boy. :lol:

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Born and raised in Onslow County. Deal with JPD/NCHP/Sherrifs' on a daily basis. While I will say that what the Sheriff did is very stupid, not all of them are like this. And to the people talking about these cars having radar/lidar, etc., they don't.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
The Ex-Sheriff Deputy just wrote this on his Facebook page:
Craig Culpepper
"On Monday the 18th of March; I competed a 40 hour K9 Handlers training course in Edisto Island, South Carolina, while driving home I allowed another person to manage my emotions and I made a very bad decision. While traveling on highway 526 in Charleston South Carolina; I was being tailgated by another driver in a much bigger hurry then I was, and I reacted to his impatience by creating a situation that could have had very serious consequences. I have embarrassed; myself, my family and my fellow law enforcement officers. I apologize to any law enforcement officer’s that feel any repercussions for my actions. As a result of my actions I am no longer a deputy with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office; this I am very hurt by, I loved my job, the people I worked with and the citizens I worked for; and it drives home the mistake I made. Let me be clear I made a mistake, I own it, it’s mine and I will not try to hide it or cover it up."

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
I can only imagine how much of this crap goes on that isn't caught on video resulting in an innocent person getting screwed over because a man in the position of power is having a bad day. :nonono:

If I had a camera installed on my car when I was in College I'd own my own police station.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The Ex-Sheriff Deputy just wrote this on his Facebook page:
Craig Culpepper
"On Monday the 18th of March; I competed a 40 hour K9 Handlers training course in Edisto Island, South Carolina, while driving home I allowed another person to manage my emotions and I made a very bad decision. While traveling on highway 526 in Charleston South Carolina; I was being tailgated by another driver in a much bigger hurry then I was, and I reacted to his impatience by creating a situation that could have had very serious consequences. I have embarrassed; myself, my family and my fellow law enforcement officers. I apologize to any law enforcement officer’s that feel any repercussions for my actions. As a result of my actions I am no longer a deputy with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office; this I am very hurt by, I loved my job, the people I worked with and the citizens I worked for; and it drives home the mistake I made. Let me be clear I made a mistake, I own it, it’s mine and I will not try to hide it or cover it up."

At least he is owning it...

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I have a dash cam running full time wherever I go. Good for the guy in the truck.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I looked at the guys dashboard while he was filming it. His speedometer read 50 mph on the dot. That part of Interstate 5-26 is 60mph. I drive that exact same stretch of road every day back and forth to work. The cop was purposefully holding up traffic, just being an ass.
Here is the link to our local paper, it contains the 911 call that guy in the truck made. The cop followed him a long ways afterward. Where the incident first happened to where it ended at Northwoods Mall is about 8 or so miles.
Summerville man’s video of incident with North Carolina deputy cruiser goes viral – The Post and Courier

Users who are viewing this thread