Police Road Rage

BleedBlueOval

Established Member
I rarely post in these but these are aggravating....both are at fault for multiple things here but of course the only one doing wrong is the cop..anyone see what their speed actually is?.I dont know the law there but up here...but in order....

Camera man -
-Using phone while driving
-Passing Lane and not Passing
-Following too close
-Speeding......by the looks of it the Volvo is going around the speed limit. They -are not catching up to the cars ahead of them. Then when the truck passes they -rapidly catch up. Thats my "estimate" on his speed.
-Video taping without the knowledge of is inadmissible as evidence

Clearly the officer is also wrong for cutting him off and braking and is totally unprofessional.

Questions.....

If the car in the right is going the speed limit then why do you need to pass?

How do you know the officer doesnt see something going on in that car and is either A) trying to get their attention or B) is calling it in?

Imo the officer felt disrespected and acted out. Just bc he is out of jurisdiction you do what you want? LOL.

Had the officer not been committing a misdemeanor, would the camera man be committing one?

Recording someone breaking the law shouldn't be a crime and should not be thrown out, this whole notion of "he doesn't know he's being video recorded" is bull shit, especially since he has a dash cam. It also hasn't stood up in court when it comes to recording public officials in public places. Using a phone while driving is breaking the law, but does that law specifically outline all electronic devices or just cell phones that are being used as cameras?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, call it a duck. This guy is on a power trip.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I would have shoved that diesel up his ***. I have no issue with cops in general and I have a few that I call friends. But that was straight up un-called for behavior. Also, recording a public servant is perfectly legal.

cammer00gt

Established Member
He should be fired. He endangered the lives of himself and several other drivers on the road, while using police equipment. :dw:

What about the people on this message board who post there street racing videos? What should there discipline be? Yes the cop was wrong for his actions and im sure he will be in some trouble with his department. But we watch these street racing videos and think how bad a s s the races are... i never hear anyone talk about they are in the wrong and they need to be arrested for due the how dangerous the racing is on the streets!!!

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Officer Opie needs to have his pee pee slapped good and hard. All he should be driving is a desk, with actions like that...:bored:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What about the people on this message board who post there street racing videos? What should there discipline be? Yes the cop was wrong for his actions and im sure he will be in some trouble with his department. But we watch these street racing videos and think how bad a s s the races are... i never hear anyone talk about they are in the wrong and they need to be arrested for due the how dangerous the racing is on the streets!!!

Very well put. Also any video posted becomes open to the public therefore can be used in a court of law against anyone involved. You would think that these guys would be smarter. In fact they can still be arrested an cars impounded in the offensive after it has happened if it can be proved in ca. Not sure in other states.this also includes active duty. Dont get me wrong i like watching racing IN MEXICO, just becareful.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
while i agree the cop shouldn't have acted the way he did, i don't think he should be fired...like said before, few days in the pouring rain, write up, and desk duty for a while and he'll change his tune...he NEVER should have cut the guy off and then slammed on his brakes like that, i would have just hit him and brought the video to court because the cop clearly wasn't braking because of another driver or animal, he damn near came to a complete stop...but also, the guy never should have gone into the left lane, there were no cars in the middle lane, so he further pissed the cop off...bottom line, cop gets desk duty, guy moves on with his life and hopefully doesn't piss the wrong cop off

347zz5.0

Established Member
Supposedly they touched bumpers as the cop was brake checking him so technically it's a hit and run by the cop. The cop was cited but not ticketed. Got that from a news link on another site.

Just imagine how much stuff like this cops do and get away with it on a daily basis. These videos are only just the tip, the microscopic tip, of an iceberg.

Kewlv8

Established Member
true - but dude wanted to pass the cop, and was finally able to do so when it opened to 3 lanes. so he could have just kept going... but instead gets all the way over to the far left lane - for what?

lol yeah keep effin with those cops buddy, see how it turns out for ya :lol:

In this case with the out of state cop being a ****, I would have messed with him to a large degree (or effed with him) :nono:.

BleedBlueOval

Established Member

See class, if you look under small powered microscope, you can see the red on the herring.

Zemedici

Established Member
See class, if you look under small powered microscope, you can see the red on the herring.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They had to have touched, there's no way they didnt with how close they were. So the cop was being a dick, the guy in the diesel was being a dick as well by going all the way to the right lane then all the way to the left lane in front of the cop. I'm sure he was tailgating him for MILES before he brought out the camera. I'll get on someone's ass for 5 minutes TOPS. If they dont move, they dont move. And you just wait.

Its abuse of power, sure.

PDubs

Established Member
By that rationale, both civilian and law enforcement dash cams are useless and when the reverse happens (cops researching social media sites, big brother cams during riots, etc) they somehow can use it against citizens? I'm pretty sure it would hold up as evidence if an accident occurred.

As others have mentioned, he should not be fired. Put him on crossing guard duty for a week at a middle school and that should be plenty.

Blaine

Established Member
How is trying to go the speed limit messing with the cops? You are just trying to rustle feathers and be a troll.

I really don't know where to start.. but here we go.

1. That is a SHERIFF not a highway patrol or normal cop. Their primary job isnt enforcing speed limits. They are elected and usually SUCK.

2. Is the driver RETARDED? Really? State cops use this tactic ON PURPOSE to enrage drivers they pile up behind by going EXACTLY the speed limit. Then they move over in front of the car they stayed beside and WAIT For the ROAD RAGING MORONS to pass at high speeds. Simple Bait Speed Trap. People are IDIOTS.

I see OHIO state troopers do this all day long. Don't be RETARD like this guy and fall for it.

3. The video wasn't showing the speed they were going. I"m guessing the cop was going EXACTLY the speedlimit and the guy behind was under the mentality the speedlimit is 10 over the posted.

4. The Sheriff was being retarded regardless. Drive was lucky it was a Sheriff out of his area. OR he would of just pulled him over instead of being a retard.

I do Federal Investigations (FBI Level), but I would LOVE to do highway patrol again to releave stress. There are so MANY stupid RETARDS behind the wheel. I could write tickets all day. I feed on the tears of IDIOTS. (I don't write tickets unless its 15+ over... I don't waste my time on petty 10 over crap.) Most dangerous thing on the road today: SUV's (biggest speed offenders of them all)

To the driver of the car. Try using a thing called PATIENCE. A thing 99% of people lack these days. You'll live longer.

We can use your street racing videos against you. Example: You get into high speed accident and kill someone. If we find other videos of you on youtube or whereever driving like a retard or street racing. I can use it as evidence proving it wasn't a ONE time thing. Facebook is used alot in rape/murder cases.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
I rarely post in these but these are aggravating....both are at fault for multiple things here but of course the only one doing wrong is the cop..anyone see what their speed actually is?.I dont know the law there but up here...but in order....

Camera man -
-Using phone while driving
-Passing Lane and not Passing
-Following too close
-Speeding......by the looks of it the Volvo is going around the speed limit. They -are not catching up to the cars ahead of them. Then when the truck passes they -rapidly catch up. Thats my "estimate" on his speed.

Clearly the officer is also wrong for cutting him off and braking and is totally unprofessional.

Questions.....

If the car in the right is going the speed limit then why do you need to pass?

How do you know the officer doesnt see something going on in that car and is either A) trying to get their attention or B) is calling it in?

Imo the officer felt disrespected and acted out. Just bc he is out of jurisdiction you do what you want? LOL.

Had the officer not been committing a misdemeanor, would the camera man be committing one?

Recording someone breaking the law shouldn't be a crime and should not be thrown out, this whole notion of "he doesn't know he's being video recorded" is bull shit, especially since he has a dash cam. It also hasn't stood up in court when it comes to recording public officials in public places. Using a phone while driving is breaking the law, but does that law specifically outline all electronic devices or just cell phones that are being used as cameras?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, call it a duck. This guy is on a power trip.

Using electronic devices, such as a cell phone, while driving in the state of South Carolina is NOT illegal. Also, being recorded without knowledge on PRIVATE property is inadmissible. It is perfectly legal on public property.

Users who are viewing this thread