Picked up my new ride today *Import Warning*

TaraFirma

Established Member
Nice ride flowgoode.got mine through Derek too. 91 GTR I still have it here in Korea, but will be shipping it on it's 25th year.
HDR Pics...

DSC_0351hdr_zpsfckexem2.jpg

DSC_0350hdr_zpsekhrnn38.jpg

DSC_0347hdr_zpswvq3iadr.jpg

DSC_0337hdr_zps9hqdpene.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Serious question....why does everybody have such a hard on for these things?

Is it just because they're different than what we usually see?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Nice ride flowgoode.got mine through Derek too. 91 GTR I still have it here in Korea, but will be shipping it on it's 25th year.
HDR Pics...

DSC_0351hdr_zpsfckexem2.jpg

DSC_0350hdr_zpsekhrnn38.jpg

DSC_0347hdr_zpswvq3iadr.jpg

DSC_0337hdr_zps9hqdpene.jpg

Awesome man! Sweet ride!

Yes that's one reason. "People want what they can't have" is a big factor. And that it's a great platform for performance. All wheel drive, twin turbo, inline 6. Easy to make fast and classic good looks imo.

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member

They look understated but the drivetrain is a monster if you want to build it. Also, when it was released , it destroyed the competition in Group A racing and won every race it's first year I think. Maybe continued after. It did it's first race at Bathurst and won.

Various other race history stuff I'm sure. It was one of Japan's cars designed to compete with the greatest cars in the world from Europe and such.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

They are the Japanese Mustang, more so equivelent to an SVT as far as overall prestige. In Japan Skylines are everywhere but you will see a GTR about as often as you will see a Cobra, GT500, Supra, or Z06 here. The AWD systems they used in these cars were revolutionary for the time and the inline 6 reacts to mods just like a Supra does. But like what was said, a lot of it is wanting what you cant have.

Sweet car OP! We have a lot of R32s in the NW already. My buddy was gonna get one but he is thinking about waiting for the R33 to become legal now.

Last edited:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
They look understated but the drivetrain is a monster if you want to build it. Also, when it was released , it destroyed the competition in Group A racing and won every race it's first year I think. Maybe continued after. It did it's first race at Bathurst and won.

Various other race history stuff I'm sure. It was one of Japan's cars designed to compete with the greatest cars in the world from Europe and such.

That's how it got it's nick name of Godzilla!

Gorgeous car OP!

Thank you!

Sweet car OP! We have a lot of R32s in the NW already. My buddy was gonna get one but he is thinking about waiting for the R33 to become legal now.

Thank you, yeah they'll be more and more common as time goes on for sure. Maybe in 2024 I'll get a R34 GTR :)

Users who are viewing this thread