Picked up my new ride today *Import Warning*

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Sup guys, so today after a long 3 month wait, I was finally able to touch my new/used car in person!

I imported a R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R from Japan.

I'm excited! If you want, check out my blog and see how I imported the car an my adventures with it - http://www.goodezilla.com/how-i-imported-my-r32-nissan-skyline-gt-r-to-the-usa

GTR2_zpsb28i5gb2.jpg

GTR1_zpskl9sup2m.jpg

After new wheels and tires are on (stock wheels had dry rotted snow tires mounted on them from Japan)

New Wheels in the rain.jpg

[video=youtube;nwcW7ta3ZFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwcW7ta3ZFA[/video]

[video=youtube;pSmXysXfbVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSmXysXfbVc[/video]

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
We have gotten a few imported in our area now

I see the market for older japanese cars exploding as it becomes cheaper and more feasible to bring them over

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Thank you guys! :rockon:

We have gotten a few imported in our area now

I see the market for older japanese cars exploding as it becomes cheaper and more feasible to bring them over

The cars are just now turning 25 years old and are able to be imported to the US, so it's definitely going to become more popular. But I'm not sure if it will be cheaper anytime soon. In the past year the prices of the R32 GTR's have about doubled. And now a lot of not so quality cars are being put up for auction in Japan because they know someone desperate in the US will buy it even if it's condition is poor.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Looks good OP! :coolman:
I have seen quite a few R34 GT-R's this summer, as we only have a 15 year rule.
Beautiful cars, and they can be very quick.

Jaysin

Established Member
That's awesome man, love the older Skylines, R33 is my personal favorite. Looking forward to reading your blog about the process. I wonder if importing will affect the mkiv Supra market at all, will be interesting times over the following years.

usmc320

Established Member
Very nice! So you went through the whole process yourself? It seems a lot of people are just going through Japanese Classics to get them. I'm holding out for an R34. It's going to be a long wait though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome, I have always wanted a blue R34 GTR since I can remember, but the old R33 and R32s are awesome also and it has the RB26 witch is a power house engine. Please post more pictures when you can.

Users who are viewing this thread