Paxton Pricing going up January 6th 2014

RFM50

Established Member
This makes me happy to already own one and to have gotten a killer deal. Sorry to anyone looking to pick one up. The price of the Paxton I think is what made it more desirable than other setups. You can make huge power with a lot of the setups but to do it a whole lot cheeper with a Paxton is what drove me toward the Paxton.

D.T.R

Established Member
image.jpg

:lol1::D

Smarties

Established Member
I too think that 300-400 more is a little bit too high. If Roush stay the same price or Procharger, it will be more difficult to go with a Vortech kit.

I know it's not the same but men, inflation is not that high.

I will have to check what I do now. Staying on my NA project or going with a blower. If I do get a blower, I might be interested in a Rousch supercharger after all.

It's a bad news that price hike.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i think that the price of the paxton/vortech blowers will be reasonable. dont panic people. keep calm and carry on.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
our cost isn't going up $400, I don't think Paxton / vortech has had a price increase to distributors in 5 or 6 years.

the cost on their kit was substantially lower than anything else out there. And again, customer pricing msrp, is actually going down $7 a kit. We just aren't allowed to advertise like we did before. A lot of company's have msrp for their map advertising price. That way the customer sees the same price everywhere.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So the increase in not being passed on to the consumer?

msrp went down $7 on the kits, we are no longer allowed to advertise below the msrp.

in theory, no, your cost is not going up

we do our packages to add some extra stuff in for you guys, it will affect our "package" prices

D.T.R

Established Member
So the increase in not being passed on to the consumer?

Yes it is passed on to the customer.
From my understanding MSRP will be the same, but who was paying MSRP before? no body. Everybody was paying $300-400 or however much below MSRP. So now everyone has to pay MSRP... which is more than what people were paying before.

If this wasn't the case, then the original post wouldn't have said "if you're looking to buy a kit, THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT"

Eric@jpc

Established Member
MSRP is not MAP

Before paxton had a MAP Price of 4615
MSRP was 4970

no one paid any where near either of those prices...

the new MAP price is 4963 thats as low as we can advertise

With all that being said our dealer price is going up on a 2011 kit around 300-400 dollars

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
msrp went down $7 on the kits, we are no longer allowed to advertise below the msrp.

in theory, no, your cost is not going up

we do our packages to add some extra stuff in for you guys, it will affect our "package" prices

Wait, I'm confused... Who's thread is this?

Smarties

Established Member
So yes the kit will go up about 300-400$ more either it's a complete package, tuner package or JPC special package.

It will be like Roush. Same price everywhere.

So for JPC and Beefacke, will it be harder to sell since everyone will have the same price?

D.T.R

Established Member
MSRP is not MAP

Before paxton had a MAP Price of 4615
MSRP was 4970

no one paid any where near either of those prices...

the new MAP price is 4963 thats as low as we can advertise

With all that being said our dealer price is going up on a 2011 kit around 300-400 dollars

^^There y'all go. That's straight, honest, non-misleading answer.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Talking about MSRP is just confusing people...

If you pay MSRP for your stuff (who does?), then your cost will not go up...

If JPC/beefcake(still confused on why he is involved in this thread) has to pay more for the kit, then they won't be able to give as much of a deal on it. So the DEAL prices will go up some, not the MSRP prices...

If I'm wrong, please correct me JPC

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Talking about MSRP is just confusing people...

If you pay MSRP for your stuff (who does?), then your cost will not go up...

If JPC/beefcake(still confused on why he is involved in this thread) has to pay more for the kit, then they won't be able to give as much of a deal on it. So the DEAL prices will go up some, not the MSRP prices...

If I'm wrong, please correct me JPC

It's a discussion on Paxton Prices going up.

So, I am discussing. Same as you, BBR, etc....

Isn't that what a discussion forum is for?

And for the record. There are lots of people that pay msrp for products. you included, maybe not your car parts, but your paying mrsp for a lot of stuff everyday.

Gas, Milk, Bread, etc...

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
agree with Terry,

Yes. Deals/packaging prices will go up as well as the kit by itself.

Example:
Before you paid $20.00 for product A at MAP

Starting next year, Product A will now cost $28.00 at MSRP and no longer will have a MAP

The same price increases affect us dealers as well.

Happens with different products every year. Price increases.

Last edited by a moderator:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
agree with Terry,

Yes. Deals/packaging prices will go up as well as the kit by itself.

Example:
Before you paid $20.00 for product A at MAP

Starting next year, Product A will now cost $28.00 at MSRP and no longer will have a MAP

The same price increases affect us dealers as well.

Happens with different products every year. Price increases.

yep, and again, Paxton / vortech's prices will still be below any of the other Kits out there.

Companies need to stay in business. Do I like it, I'm just like everyone else. NO.

First thing I did was gripe at my rep. But, when you compare the cost of their product against others, and the fact dealers haven't had a price increase in quite some time. It's kind of been expected.

The company is working hard to keep up with the market as well, and are always working to improve their product. Some exciting things in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread