Paxton Pricing going up January 6th 2014

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Talking about MSRP is just confusing people...

If you pay MSRP for your stuff (who does?), then your cost will not go up...

If JPC/beefcake(still confused on why he is involved in this thread) has to pay more for the kit, then they won't be able to give as much of a deal on it. So the DEAL prices will go up some, not the MSRP prices...

If I'm wrong, please correct me JPC

Im sure the price increase is because some1 in here screwed all the vendors anyway for starting to give these kits away last year which affected all the other vendors who then had to lower their prices to compete.... Its a good thing for the vendors in the end im sure.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
If your on this forum and in these threads you're not paying msrp...

Gas, milk, bread..... not the point

DNT H8

Established Member
But, when you compare the cost of their product against others, and the fact dealers haven't had a price increase in quite some time. It's kind of been expected.
Ahhh I was with ya till I saw this... :nonono:
Raising prices to match the competition is a lame tactic imo... esp after its been at the target price for so long, which brought sales in! Now people are going to look at paxton as greedy, they should have raised it slowly over time. Unless they improved the design keep the price the same....

CPR single :poke:

;-)

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Im sure the price increase is because some1 in here screwed all the vendors anyway for starting to give these kits away last year which affected all the other vendors who then had to lower their prices to compete.... Its a good thing for the vendors in the end im sure.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
LOL@ Eric!!!:poke::lol1: Thanks to all the vendors for the info. I appreciate the heads up myself. :beer:

Great bunch of vendors IMO.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Ahhh I was with ya till I saw this... :nonono:
Raising prices to match the competition is a lame tactic imo... esp after its been at the target price for so long, which brought sales in! Now people are going to look at paxton as greedy, they should have raised it slowly over time. Unless they improved the design keep the price the same....

CPR single :poke:

;-)

You guys are way off base.

The facts are this.

1) Vortech is not raising the price to consumers, the price is going down $7
2) Vortech is not allowing dealers to "advertise" less than msrp. Any manufacture can set a MAP pricing, but they cannot control what you sell the product for.
3) Vortech is not raising prices to be more in line with other products, because "THE PRICE IS GOING DOWN"
4) Dealer cost on a Vortech kit is essentially hte same now, as it was 10 years ago. Vortech has not had a cost to dealer increase in just about 10 years.

How many other specialty products that you buy can you say this about? Not many.
5) Just like before, if you call or pm, you will be able to get the product , like most products for below "MAP / MSRP" or whatever you want to call it. You will still be able to get the product below the old "MAP".

I don't see how you can call a company greedy for increasing dealer cost after 10 years, when I am sure cost of materials has increased, cost of living has increased, etc...

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I've been on the fence for quite awhile now trying to decide which way to go between the Paxton and the VMP blower. The Paxton was a hell of a bang for the buck making the VMP kit look very expensive in comparison.

Like many other, I'll be watching to see what happens. If the Paxton packages are in fact a significant increase as being suggested here putting it near the cost of the VMP kit then the decision will be made for me and I will going with the VMP kit.

kingnut

Established Member
beef you say they havent increased costs in the past 10 years. yet when you guys had the paxton pricing war earlier this year. you said specifically that paxton raised the price by $300 because they felt you guys were giving away the product. i could care less about the whole situation really but i am just trying to bring up facts.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've been on the fence for quite awhile now trying to decide which way to go between the Paxton and the VMP blower. The Paxton was a hell of a bang for the buck making the VMP kit look very expensive in comparison.

Like many other, I'll be watching to see what happens. If the Paxton packages are in fact a significant increase as being suggested here putting it near the cost of the VMP kit then the decision will be made for me and I will going with the VMP kit.

dealer cost is going up $270. So, our package prices will go up about the same.

Will still be a hell of a bang for the buck.

You will get a $4900 tuner kit, a $960 set of injectors, a $450 remote tune, and a $259 bap for about $5500-$5600 shipped. Still well below anything out there with that amount of stuff.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
beef you say they havent increased costs in the past 10 years. yet when you guys had the paxton pricing war earlier this year. you said specifically that paxton raised the price by $300 because they felt you guys were giving away the product. i could care less about the whole situation really but i am just trying to bring up facts.

Paxton didn't increase our cost then. They raised the MSRP and the MAP price. In the end, it didn't effect us or the cost of our package kits, just how we had to advertise them.

Last edited:

CPRsm

You guys are way off base.

The facts are this.

1) Vortech is not raising the price to consumers, the price is going down $7
In the end they are. Although not their fault. At the prices the kits are sold for the vendors can not absorb any increase.

2) Vortech is not allowing dealers to "advertise" less than msrp. Any manufacture can set a MAP pricing, but they cannot control what you sell the product for.
But they can cut vendors off lol

3) Vortech is not raising prices to be more in line with other products, because "THE PRICE IS GOING DOWN"
MSRP may be going down, but in the end consumer's cost is going up right?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
[
dealer cost is going up $270. So, our package prices will go up about the same.

Will still be a hell of a bang for the buck.

You will get a $4900 tuner kit, a $960 set of injectors, a $450 remote tune, and a $259 bap for about $5500-$5600 shipped. Still well below anything out there with that amount of stuff.

I don't need the remote tune. Replace that with a JLT, T-bolt kit , a reservoir and spark plugs. It puts it pretty damn close to a VMP kit.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
In the end they are. Although not their fault. At the prices the kits are sold for the vendors can not absorb any increase.

depends on how far below cost you want to sell the kit for

But they can cut vendors off lol

that they can,

MSRP may be going down, but in the end consumer's cost is going up right?

I guess that depends on who you buy from, and what they are buying. I have customers that buy off the website from mag ads etc.. that will not effect them at all.

a $270 price increase will, as I mentioned above" affect our price on our package kits as we run pretty tight on them.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't need the remote tune. Replace that with a JLT, T-bolt kit , a reservoir and spark plugs. It puts it pretty damn close to a VMP kit.

a stage 3 vmp kit is $6999 with the id's if I'm not mistaken.

The T bolts are around $70 if you want them. They aren't a necessity, the reservoir isn't either, nor the JLT. Those are all optional things. The factory airbox works great on these cars.

And, the Paxton has 1000 rwhp potential. $1000-$1500 less with more power potential!!!!

Still, the best bang for the buck.

Even if you add the other stuff for $500, your still $1000 less with more power potential.

EDIT: The vmp has a JLT option as well. $100 upgrade, with the throttle body (not needed on a centri) in my car, the kit is $7498. $5498 is $1900 less than that, add the other stuff, your still $1400 less

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Alright so I'm just going to break this down for everyone.

So just forget all of the MAP / MSRP / $7 nonsense.

TL~DR -

Your pricing on Paxton kit's will be going up roughly $300. We just wanted to give you guys a notice ahead of time for anyone looking to pull the trigger on a kit.

This was just a friendly service announcement.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
a stage 3 vmp kit is $6999 with the id's if I'm not mistaken.

The T bolts are around $70 if you want them. They aren't a necessity, the reservoir isn't either, nor the JLT. Those are all optional things. The factory airbox works great on these cars.

And, the Paxton has 1000 rwhp potential. $1000-$1500 less with more power potential!!!!

Still, the best bang for the buck.

Even if you add the other stuff for $500, your still $1000 less with more power potential.

A Stage 1 right now with Christmas special can be had for $5500 bucks and comes with everything you need included. The Stage 3 kit is only needed if you are going to be doing some very heavy road course racing requiring the big cooling upgrades. Most people go with the Stage 1 kit and 75-82mm pulleys.

T-bolts in my opinion are needed. There are FAR too many complaints about piping popping off without them.

The reservoir is also needed because the stock Paxton ones 8 out of 10 leak like a $2 dollar Bangkok hooker on two for one night.

I will concede your point about the factory airbox, while it does work great, it will hold the power back abit.

I understand on your part about selling the kit with it's 1000rw+ potential, but let's be real here. Most people will not make more than 750rw. I'd say your average customer is bolting these on to a stock motor making the usual 580-630rw and typically won't make more than 700rw with them.

The VMP kits are right there in the same power area and just as capable of making 750-800rw.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A Stage 1 right now with Christmas special can be had for $5500 bucks and comes with everything you need included.

T-bolts in my opinion are needed. There are FAR too many complaints about piping popping off without them.

The reservoir is also needed because the stock Paxton ones 8 out of 10 leak like a $2 dollar Bangkok hooker on two for one night.

I will concede your point about the factory airbox, while it does work great, it will hold the power back abit.

I understand on your part about selling the kit with it's 1000rw+ potential, but let's be real here. Most people will not make more than 750rw. I'd say your average customer is bolting these on to a stock motor making the usual 580-630rw and typically won't make more than 700rw with them.

The VMP kits are right there in the same power area and just as capable of making 750-800rw.

out of the box, kits make about the same power. 47's on any of these imo are on the edge, and most people don't push that 520-550 rwhp range for long

and not everyone wants a pd, and we / jpc anyone doing kits, can always downgrade injectors as well to make the kits cheaper too

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Milk went up $.50!!! I ain't never buying it again! And food went up too! That's it! I ain't ever eating again!!!! Matter of fact, screw paying taxes cause they going up too!!!!! Guess that'll show em!!!!

All you boycotting rebels, who's with me?????????

4482B6FC-CA01-4E2C-959C-34EC4C4D18EE_zps6f3y9umj.jpg

:lol1:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Milk went up $.50!!! I ain't never buying it again! And food went up too! That's it! I ain't ever eating again!!!! Matter of fact, screw paying taxes cause they going up too!!!!! Guess that'll show em!!!!

All you boycotting rebels, who's with me?????????

4482B6FC-CA01-4E2C-959C-34EC4C4D18EE_zps6f3y9umj.jpg

:lol1:

lol

Users who are viewing this thread