Paxton Pricing going up January 6th 2014

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
out of the box, kits make about the same power. 47's on any of these imo are on the edge, and most people don't push that 520-550 rwhp range for long

By the way, please don't take my comments as a stab at your products by any means. I always do my research and try to get the most for my money. :thumbsup:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Milk went up $.50!!! I ain't never buying it again! And food went up too! That's it! I ain't ever eating again!!!! Matter of fact, screw paying taxes cause they going up too!!!!! Guess that'll show em!!!!

All you boycotting rebels, who's with me?????????

4482B6FC-CA01-4E2C-959C-34EC4C4D18EE_zps6f3y9umj.jpg

:lol1:

Darren, I think some dust touched your car! Go polish it quick!

DNT H8

Established Member
By the way, please don't take my comments as a stab at your products by any means. I always do my research and try to get the most for my money. :thumbsup:
+1
We as consumers must ask questions esp if we are planning on buying... which I am. I also enjoy pushing the subject ; )

RFM50

Established Member
A Stage 1 right now with Christmas special can be had for $5500 bucks and comes with everything you need included. The Stage 3 kit is only needed if you are going to be doing some very heavy road course racing requiring the big cooling upgrades. Most people go with the Stage 1 kit and 75-82mm pulleys.

T-bolts in my opinion are needed. There are FAR too many complaints about piping popping off without them.

The reservoir is also needed because the stock Paxton ones 8 out of 10 leak like a $2 dollar Bangkok hooker on two for one night.

I will concede your point about the factory airbox, while it does work great, it will hold the power back abit.

I understand on your part about selling the kit with it's 1000rw+ potential, but let's be real here. Most people will not make more than 750rw. I'd say your average customer is bolting these on to a stock motor making the usual 580-630rw and typically won't make more than 700rw with them.

The VMP kits are right there in the same power area and just as capable of making 750-800rw.

Ok so as a consumer and someone with no financial involvement in any of this and currently run this kit with none of this stuff you say is essential, I have to disagree with you. What a lot of people don't realize is that if you don't shove the pipe far enough inside the silicone hose it's going to blow off. Don't get me wrong the t-bolt clamps are awesome and definitely don't bend like the cheesy worm gear clamps but you can get away with out running them. I do and I am putting down just under 700 horse on 10.7 pounds of boost. Now for the coolant res. Also not a necessity to change. I live in probably one of the worst environments in the world for plastic parts and mine has held up for a year and a half. Trust me Arizona heat will destroy cheap parts in months. Now for the jlt again not a necessity. Vmp doesn't come with a jlt as far as I know. Now I understand what your saying and do I plan on buying the clamps and res one day, you bet your ass. That's not because there a necessity to compare to the vmp kit, it's because they are nice upgrades to the Paxton kit. The vmp kit needs upgrades just like the Paxton, just in different ways. Now I'm sure you will say I favor the Paxton kit because I run it but that's not what I'm doing. I'm giving real world consumer feed back to what is a necessity to compare to another kit and what is a true upgrade. These parts are all true upgrades. The same as any other kit on the market. Point is you will still get the paxton for a much better price along with some upgrades for still a much better price than any other base kit.

Last edited:

Smarties

Established Member
Anyway you look at it, there will be a price increase of around 350$. Yeah it's still the cheaper option, but if Roush, Procharger and other stay the same price, people will double check those as well because the price difference will be less.

I am sure JPC and Beefacke will have a more difficult time to sell Paxton package because everybody will be a the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread