Oxford white or DSG?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Im a dsg voter..but white does bring out the black accents..

I have black...cant see any thing except ss cobra letters and exhaust..

how rare is white vs dsg

But after going to a show. ..I like all colors..its more owning one

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
DSG takes the win in bright sunlight for sure but when there's an overcast or during the evening/night time I think white wins. When these cars first came out I would go to the dealer at night and look at them in the lot under the lights and the white with chrome wheels just stood out from all the other colors in that type of lighting. Like i said before side by side in bright as hell sun light the DSG looks better.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pretty much a coin flip on this one for me as I like both, but I'd more than likely go DSG as all the old folks around here seem to drive white cars.

Jsko

Established Member
The same two colors I was torn over. After seeing DSG in person I had to go with it.

7gPscrc.jpg

03dsgdreams

Established Member
^ Now that you have had the DSG car for a while do you ever look at it and think dam i should of found a white one?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd take either! Only reason I stayed away from oxford white is because my last foxbody was that color and owned it for over 10 years. So I wanted something different. 4 years later and I love that color again! I do like the metallic in some of the paints though! My redfire looks killer when the sun hits it just right.

Jsko

Established Member
^ Now that you have had the DSG car for a while do you ever look at it and think dam i should of found a white one?

To be honest sometimes when I see a clean white Cobra, I think about it. I am sure if I had OW and saw a nice DSG Id be thinking the same thing. In the end, you'll be happy with either color, they are both great choices. My first car was a white SN95, so I really saw myself in another white Mustang. When I saw DSG in person it really made an impression that I don't think white could have.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DSG, it has metallic in it that sparkles in the sunlight.

THIS! Add a nice coat of polish and it absolutely is brilliant in the sunlight. I had a DSG '03 Cobra and I can't tell you how many compliments I got on the paint. It's such a gorgeous color. But everyone has their favorite. I can understand how deciding can be tough. For me, it would be DSG in a heartbeat.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Love my DSG. I do really like comp orange but there's no metallic shine to it. My buddy has an ow cobra and it looks great!

Pic of my DSG at the Fastlane Booth at Mustang Week and a pic of both of our cobras at the hotel while we were down there.
uploadfromtaptalk1408592205213.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408592104289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408592104289.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 175

randoo

Established Member
I like any color as long as its BLACK! I ended up buying a black 03 but if I had to choose any other color it would be OW for sure.

Dawgstang

Established Member
I have two DSG cars and one performance white. DSG is a great color but touch up paint does not match very well. Impossible to get metallic particles facing the same direction as factory paint.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies i really didn't think id get this much feedback. My plan is to pick up whichever OW or DSG i find that is the best deal. I really want a low mile car preferably under 10k miles that already has alot of mods done to it. There is an 04 OW coupe with black inserts for sale that has only 7500 miles on it, mods are a JLT CAI and Borla catback but the guy is out of his mind with his asking price of 35k. A member on here that had his 03 DSG coupe for sale a while back just re listed it on autotrader for 32k with 5400 miles on it but this one has a KB 2.8 mammoth, return fuel system, built IRS, full stainless works exhaust long tubes back and a little suspension work. I think the DSG car is a fair asking price at 32k but the OW IMO should be somewhere around 25-28k. I cant buy until after tax returns. I just paid off allot of debt and am in the process of saving some money. With what i save and my tax returns i will have a big down payment, im looking to have at least 10k down on one. Hopefully i can find cars like this when im ready to buy.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Buying a modded one will save you a ton if it's done right and not abused! Good luck on your search.

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies i really didn't think id get this much feedback. My plan is to pick up whichever OW or DSG i find that is the best deal. I really want a low mile car preferably under 10k miles that already has alot of mods done to it. There is an 04 OW coupe with black inserts for sale that has only 7500 miles on it, mods are a JLT CAI and Borla catback but the guy is out of his mind with his asking price of 35k. A member on here that had his 03 DSG coupe for sale a while back just re listed it on autotrader for 32k with 5400 miles on it but this one has a KB 2.8 mammoth, return fuel system, built IRS, full stainless works exhaust long tubes back and a little suspension work. I think the DSG car is a fair asking price at 32k but the OW IMO should be somewhere around 25-28k. I cant buy until after tax returns. I just paid off allot of debt and am in the process of saving some money. With what i save and my tax returns i will have a big down payment, im looking to have at least 10k down on one. Hopefully i can find cars like this when im ready to buy.

$25k will buy a really nice sub 10,000 mile car, or the $27-28k you'll be able to get an ultra low mileage one with some good mods.

I paid $24.5k for my OW 03 in Nov. 2013 with 7474 miles from the original owner. The guy had it listed for over a month on craigslist at $26,000. It was hard to beat him down though because he was 65yrs old, had money and didn't need to sell it. I think he sold it to me because I promised him to treat it like my first born son, lol. I'd say I easily have 7k in mods on top of it, but I'm sure if I was to sell it I wouldn't get over $28k and thats if I was lucky. The good thing is I'm in a good place financially and I have more than enough room to store it so I plan to keep it for life. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread