out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
since the weather was shitty I did more interior work and rebuilt the fold down rear seat assembly. I stripped off the old nasty faded carpet and polished up the trim.

new carpet from cj pony parts

img2388g.jpg

old rear floor before

img2385g.jpg

after removing the trim

img2386b.jpg

after removing the old carpet

img2387p.jpg

new carpet cut and glued on.

img2389uy.jpg

trim before

img2391.jpg

after a little mother polish and elbow grease

img2392a.jpg

rear floor assembled

img2393d.jpg

now for the actual fold down seat (in the down position)

before

img2394z.jpg

old carpet removed and new carpet cut ready to be installed.

img2395j.jpg

more trim before and afters

img2396ob.jpg

img2397x.jpg

seatback part all done

img2398b.jpg

stripping the front part was a PITA, the guy at the ford factory in 1967 must have done this after lunch on a Wednesday because it has a ton of glue on it.

img2399.jpg

new carpet

img2406z.jpg

more trim work

img2407.jpg

img2408p.jpg

whole assembly all done

img2410p.jpg

img2409h.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
These were on back order but finally got these in the mail today.

img2411.jpg

buttons installed and the new cover ready to go on.

img2412jt.jpg

all done

img2413e.jpg

whole assm
img2414.jpg

put a fresh coat of paint on the back while i was at it

img2415n.jpg

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
holy crap! that is so amazing. i wish i had the skill to do things like. your work is awesome. please keep us all updated.....i cant wait to see more!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Incredible work, you can really see the improvement compared to when you first started on the end caps/trunk area...... Though it is kinda comical what was considered acceptable panel gaps back in the day. :D

It wasn't just the factory gaps that were crappy, but almost all aftermarket fiberglass is junk, when it comes to fitment! Op, you are doing a fantastic job fixing all of the ill fitting stuff, and making it fit with today's expectations of fit, and finish!:beer:

1967eleanor

Established Member
It wasn't just the factory gaps that were crappy, but almost all aftermarket fiberglass is junk, when it comes to fitment! Op, you are doing a fantastic job fixing all of the ill fitting stuff, and making it fit with today's expectations of fit, and finish!:beer:

thanks!

So many of these "eleanor" cars are FILLED with bodyfiller. It makes me crazy. My goal was to use as little as possible.

notice the amount of filler on the roof of this car.

el3.jpg

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
they are getting hard to come by, clean reasonably prices ones.

ya if y6ou want one that bad and have money someone COULD get a NEW shell but then you have to register it as 2010 or whatever year you finish...the bodies are 15k tho...and you have to smog stuff which sucks

Last edited:

dads01dream

Established Member
Hey OP

Given the progress you've made thus far, about how many hours has it taken you to get this stuff done in all your pictures?

I see all these updates & think "oh man, if this was me doing that stuff...... I'd probably still be unloading the car from the trailer"!!!! :nonono:

1967eleanor

Established Member
Hey OP

Given the progress you've made thus far, about how many hours has it taken you to get this stuff done in all your pictures?

I see all these updates & think "oh man, if this was me doing that stuff...... I'd probably still be unloading the car from the trailer"!!!! :nonono:

to be honest i'm not sure, I work on it when i have free time, a few hours here a few hours there, but 3 weeks of working on it pretty much everyday for a couple hours.

dads01dream

Established Member
That's terrific...... Wish I could get outta my couch potato ways and start doing stuff myself. We're supposed to be getting some warmer weather soon - Perhaps you've inspired me? :pepper:

:sleeping: Oops, there I go again! j/k

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
thanks!

So many of these "eleanor" cars are FILLED with bodyfiller. It makes me crazy. My goal was to use as little as possible.

notice the amount of filler on the roof of this car.

el3.jpg

that pic definitely looks like some P!SSED off wife took a baseball bat to her husbands prized possession that he spent way too much time with! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread