out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well all i know is you have a full weekend coming up so i expect to see some color by sunday:poke:

seriously though good looking project, i enjoy it when people make a build thread and keep it up to date:beer:

1967eleanor

Established Member
well all i know is you have a full weekend coming up so i expect to see some color by sunday:poke:

seriously though good looking project, i enjoy it when people make a build thread and keep it up to date:beer:

haha, I have another $3000 or so just in body related parts before this thing ever sees color.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
How are you applying the primer? Are you having to mask off everything every time you want to spray a little?

1967eleanor

Established Member
How are you applying the primer? Are you having to mask off everything every time you want to spray a little?

No lucky there isnt really much overspray, plus everything on the car has yet to be painted or it will be replaced.

took a break from the bodywork yesterday to do some more interior work. Put new foam and upholstery on the old nasty set of buckets. it took all day with he help of a friend, and my hands are killing me.

raw seat bottom
img2364f.jpg

new foam
img2365i.jpg

new cover on, with the center all hog ringed down
img2366w.jpg

all done, no heat gun required!

img2367j.jpg

now for the seat backs

raw seatback

img2368h.jpg

new foam

img2370r.jpg

cover on , but a with a few small wrinkles.

img2372v.jpg

with a little heat

img2373e.jpg

little better

img2371p.jpg

one side done!

img2376l.jpg

all done

img2374.jpg

chinchilla

Established Member
Man, I just sold my cobra to start a 1967 fastback build, haven't been able to find a good roller, your making some awesome progress can't wait to see it done!

1967eleanor

Established Member
took advantage of the nice weather today to finish the trunk and do the gaps on teh endcaps. I used icing to go over everything to hide the 40 grit scratches from blocking, i blocked everything with 150 so it ready for primer. I got the drivers side end cap fitting the way I wanted, and still be removable. Ill work on the passenger side tomorrow.

trunk

img2377kb.jpg

img2381q.jpg

endcap

img2383w.jpg

img2382sr.jpg

img2379j.jpg

dads01dream

Established Member
Incredible work, you can really see the improvement compared to when you first started on the end caps/trunk area...... Though it is kinda comical what was considered acceptable panel gaps back in the day. :D

Users who are viewing this thread