Ordered my stuff today..

UCBeau

Janstang said:
Don't know..I tune it on the street. Nearest Dynojet is 6 hours away. Good luck Naz.. The only thing currently that I see I am going to need soon is a Mafia to extend the meter. I am running the BA2800 and its nearing its limit. I am running it in a blow-thru config. BTW.
what about the S197 MAF and MAFia?

also, looking @ the pics, why would someone ever want to run a tube under the K member? you would be screwed anytime you went over a speed bump, road dip, etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Janstang

SanDiego01Snake said:
what about the S197 MAF and MAFia?

also, looking @ the pics, why would someone ever want to run a tube under the K member? you would be screwed anytime you went over a speed bump, road dip, etc....
You are pretty limited on where to route the piping to the back. With them doing twin 2 1/2in. pipes under the lowest areas it helps with the clearance. I haven't had any rubbing issues with it. I have heard of a few doing the S197 w/Mafia, hadn't heard of the BA3000, I'll have to give Ken@Modular Depot a call about that. Car hasn't made a full pass yet. I need to resolve the meter blowing off first. When it does I will post them here. It popped the pipe off both times just before half track and I coasted both times to a 7.90 in the 1/8th. Its ran a prior best of 6.46 in the 1/8th and both these passes prior to shutdown felt easily that fast..

UCBeau

are you using regular hose clamps or t-bolt clamps? maybe the metal tube should have a lip on it so the rubber end has something to hold onto, if that's how it's set up..

J

Janstang

Yep..Comes with t-bolts and they are tight as hell. The pipe ends have 3 little flairs, instead of one steady flair all the way around. One of the import guys that looked at it said he thought part of the reason it was doing it was because of the MAF being bigger and the piping on each end being smaller, that when it got into the MAF area it created some sort of big difference in pressure right there and caused the issue. Whether or not he's right I don't know. I figured I would fab up a retainer of some sort to help hold it together and go give it a try and see what it does.

UCBeau

that could be happening.i know i had problems going from a 3 inch i/c tube to a 4 inch MAF and back to a 3 inch i/c tube. created all sorts of weird shit.

J

Janstang

Thanks..I am hoping the issue is fixed. I fabbed up a set oftabs with a hole in them for each side and ran a section of all thread through the holes, with a nut on each end to allow for adjustability.

Nazman

Established Member
That thing sounded sick and moved out with a purpose! It must be that "Naz-Ty" ported intake! :rockon: :thumbsup: LOL!

Cant wait to see a full pass! You got to love that transbrake!

Naz

J

Janstang

Thanks guys. Yeah the transbrake is sweet. I show full boost when I leave on it. Quite a difference from the Procharger that was only at maybe half of its potential..

J

Janstang

Haven't heard much from you in awhile.. Just put the car back together. It was having what I thought was some valve float above 18psi, so I upgraded to the CompCams springs/retainers. I am waiting on a set of WeaponX COP's to show up to also rule out spark blow-out. Even with these little issues and it cutting out on top, with a passenger with me last time it ran a 6.61@106mph with a 1.41 60ft on an unprepped track and a density altitude of approx. 6000ft. So at sea level with good air, prepped track, and the fat passenger out of the car it should be somewhere in the 5's in the 1/8th..

Users who are viewing this thread