Ordered my stuff today..

J

Janstang

I gave Hellion a call today and ordered the final pieces for the winter upgrades to the car. I decided to go with the Y2K kit, which consists of the T88 turbo and all the supporting hardware. I am very impressed thus far with the customer service of Hellion. Every time I have called I have been able to talk with John about various questions or comments. He is a great guy to talk to, and very knowledgeable on all fronts of F.I. and racing etc..I will post up pics of the finished product for everyone to see once its all installed.

J

Janstang

I will definitely post up everything. I can't wait to see how this kit looks matched up with the polished and powdercoated parts on the engine. John said with this kit the piping and the misc. parts will come from his shop and the turbo unit will come directly from Turbonetics. Approx. a week for his stuff and he was going to check with Turbonetics on the head unit.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Janstang said:
I will definitely post up everything. I can't wait to see how this kit looks matched up with the polished and powdercoated parts on the engine. John said with this kit the piping and the misc. parts will come from his shop and the turbo unit will come directly from Turbonetics. Approx. a week for his stuff and he was going to check with Turbonetics on the head unit.
Wow! Can't wait to see it!

Are you doing the install yourself, if so I would really, really like to hear your impressions of how easy or difficult it is to install the Helion kit? Make sure to take intall pics along the way if you are!

How are you handling the tuning and what's you output goal?

J

Janstang

REX-RACER said:
Wow! Can't wait to see it!

Are you doing the install yourself, if so I would really, really like to hear your impressions of how easy or difficult it is to install the Helion kit? Make sure to take intall pics along the way if you are!

How are you handling the tuning and what's you output goal?
I do everything myself, always have.. I will make sure to take pics and note any issues along the way. I tune with the Pro Racer Package from SCT. I think I am going to start out at 15psi, tune it, and see how fuel pump duty cycle and injectors etc. look. If its all good I will steadily bump it up until I am within around 80% on injectors or fuel pump whichever comes first. I would like to see around 20psi, but I didn't want to just jump into it right away and not have enough fuel and melt down the engine right away.. Output goal, I base more off of track times. I want to see at least mid-9's this summer and by next year low-9's..

J

Janstang

I would like to see 800rwhp, not sure how far my fuel system will take me.. Thats why I figured I would sneak up on the 80% mark for duty cycle and see what that puts me at. Ultimate goal--1000rwhp..Probably won't be this year though..

J

Janstang

Here's a pic of the headunit..
11414721rr2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

J

Janstang

Should look right at home with all the other powdercoating and polishing I did over the winter..

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Janstang said:
Should look right at home with all the other powdercoating and polishing I did over the winter..

Schweet!!! Can't wait to see the pics of the install!

Btw, how far is Rapid City from Water Town,SD? My fiance is from Water Town!

J

Janstang

About 6 1/2 hours to the east..I was born in Watertown and my sister lives there. She's a radtech at the hospital in Watertown.

Users who are viewing this thread